•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago

Shah kitchen. Urmila has just finished threatening Kinjal in so many words that she will let Kokila know about Dhawal's new job at Modi Industry and has left to go prepare for a lunch she is invited to.  Kinjal's thoughts: Oh no, I need to call Ma before Phi says anything to her. 

[Kinjal dials her mom's cell phone number on her cell phone]

Kokila's room. Kokila is sitting on the bed. Kokila's thoughts: I don't know what to do to help Ahem and Gopi get close.  I know I have taken this task on, but I hope that I can achieve this goal. I wish I had someone to talk to, to plan with.  I could reach out to mota bhabhi, but I can't ask her for help. Maybe Kinjal, but…but she made such wrong choices for herself.  I wonder if she is adjusting to her new life.  I had such beautiful dreams for her, Elesh would have been a good husband for her, but it wasn't meant to be. Dhawal seems nice, he seems to be a lot like Gopi, that was the reason I said "yes" to his proposal.  His fun loving antics at all the events, wanting to get everyone involved to have a good time, is so reminiscent of how Parag used to be.  Though one thing he has more than Parag, is the will to do and succeed for himself and his wife.  I have respected him even more as a person when that day I went to fit the ACs in their house and he said that he will get Kinjal all that she wants, but he just wants time to do it himself . 

[Kokila's cell phone rings and she picks it up]

Kokila: Hello?

Kinjal: Jaishree Krishna Ma

Kokila: Jaishree Krishna

Kinjal: [hesitates] Ma, I….called because I wanted to tell you something important

Kokila: ok

Kinjal: Ma, I…I am trying to work on…I have decided to….I am sorry for all of the trouble I caused you and the hell that I put you through

[Silence on the line]

Kinjal: Ma, I have missed you so much over the past few months.  I miss talking to you and getting your advice on issues. Ma, mother's day just passed….and I wish our relationship was still the way it used to be before I ruined it.

Kokila: <sighs>… [tears are starting to well up in her eyes]

Kinjal: Ma, I have decided to work on my marriage with Dhawal. I know that you had chosen Elesh for me, but I was too nave to see that he was a good match for me at the time.  I was very stuck in Umaang's lies and could not see that I was ruining my own future.  I have had a lot of time to think about what has happened and how I caused everything.  I know that this time you have chosen Dhawal for me and I will not disappoint you.  I will work hard and will make this work.  Ma, Dhawal is a very good guy, I have been very curt with him, yet he still takes care of me and gets me things, as much as his pocket will allow.  The other day I was at a friend's house and it turned out that Dhawal has been selling hair oil on the side to make extra money so that we can move into our own place.  He is so hard-working and so humble that he didn't mind doing a menial job of hair oil salesman to make the extra money to fulfill my wishes.  I had been so wrong about him.  I spoke to Chirag kaka earlier this week and asked him to see if he can give a job to Dhawal at Modi Industry.  Ma, I know he is capable and his work ethic will be great.  I hope you can understand why I did this and aren't upset with me.

Kokila's thoughts: Chirag bhai seems to do everything, getting Ahem a car as a gift, now Kinjal's husband a job, oh Parag! I wish you could be doing this for our kids; I would appreciate it so much more. Oh Krishna baghwan, please hear me and help me.

Kokila: ok

Kinjal: Ma, can we please go back to the old days?

Kokila: No

Kinjal: oh…[tears start to well up in her eyes]

Kokila: No dikra because in the longest time today, you have made me happy.  You have made me happier than ever in the past.  I don't want to delete the past because everything that has happened has made you realize a few things and this is why you finally called.

[tears are running down uncontrollably from Kinjal's and Kokila's face]

Kinjal: Ma, I know we don't say it in our family, but I love you.

[Kokila smiles through her tears]

Kokila: dikra I love you too.  And I support your decision to help Dhawal get a job at Modi Industry. 

Kinjal: Ma, I want to invite you to come over for lunch.  Phi has gone over to one of her friend's house for lunch.  This way you and I will have some time together.

Kokila: dikra, it doesn't look right me coming over like this.  How about this, you come over here and I will make you your favorite food.

Kinjal: ok ma, I will be over in a little bit. Jaishree Krishna

Kokila: Jaishree Krishna 

[Kinjal ends the call and goes over to her room to get ready.  Kokila is still sitting on her bed, and starts to think….at least Kinjal is on the right path, what am I going to do with Ahem? Maybe I can talk to Kinjal about this and see if she has some advice. Kokila gets up from the bed and heads over to the kitchen to make Kinjal's favorite dish]

Thank you for reading. 😊

its nice but why should help gopi to get  closer to aham she is already against her
Based on the phone conversation, Kokila sees that Kinjal is starting to change and she thinks that maybe now that Kinjal is working on her own relationship with Dhawal, whom Kinjal used to think of as beneath her like her brother thinks of Gopi, that maybe Kinjal might be helpful with her task of brining Ahem and Gopi together.

I love it...it's soo sweet, your reconciliation I could actually visualise the two characters of Kinjal and Kokila saying those words, well done, Simi brar will love this fan fic. 
This is a great piece of writing and  a very interesting premise.. loved it !!!
this is a great piece!  very straight -forward and realistic in the lines of Saathiya...oh why can't the CV's make things this nice!
Thank you all for your wonderful comments. 😊