India-Forums

Chhoti Bahu - Sawar Ke Rang Rachi
Chhoti Bahu - Sawar Ke Rang Rachi

Radhika's first salvo

blokes Goldie
blokes
blokes

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 2:18pm | IP Logged
ClapClapToday's "hand holding" when Rads refuses to let Dev extinguish her flame of hope for her fast was simply awesome!ClapBig smile

That said, she has clearly established her "rights" as what she considers herself to be- his wife!

I think this track is truly amazing and awesome. We have a character who, owing to circumstances, cannot openly explain her relationship with a man as he does not reciprocate the same. She has still not given up and goes to the nth extreme to get him to say "Yes!" I wonder what all the "women's lib" groups will say to that- a "traditional" woman, getting her "husband" using "traditional techniques" (rasams/sambars/vrats) in a most untraditional way!LOL!

Dev babu- run man, run- you are no equal to a woman's mind- when she makes up her mind, no man can undo it unless she changes her mind herself- ask any one out there- they will agree!

The following 24 member(s) liked the above post:

sowmya_iyengarshamidAvina_Love4everimissourichymanju7masumasrilankavinianilKavitaKumari_roserajsriradha_bilahariradhika5RADEV1000..yajnaseni..Anamika100sun_singhsigridAngie12PutijaChalhovSushSathishaashna26anu17misti73fatssrilanka

devina22 IF-Sizzlerz
devina22
devina22

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 2:41pm | IP Logged
ya loved todays epi way to go radhika tell the fruitcake dev dont you dare call my vrat paap ---it is my patni dhram
dev exp. when rads held his hand and told him off was worth a million
avinash and rubinas acting was superb 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

vishala08fatssrilanka

SushSathisha IF-Sizzlerz
SushSathisha
SushSathisha

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 2:46pm | IP Logged
Really it was truly a awesome epi
Angie12 IF-Rockerz
Angie12
Angie12

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 2:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by blokes

ClapClapToday's "hand holding" when Rads refuses to let Dev extinguish her flame of hope for her fast was simply awesome!ClapBig smile

That said, she has clearly established her "rights" as what she considers herself to be- his wife!

I think this track is truly amazing and awesome. We have a character who, owing to circumstances, cannot openly explain her relationship with a man as he does not reciprocate the same. She has still not given up and goes to the nth extreme to get him to say "Yes!" I wonder what all the "women's lib" groups will say to that- a "traditional" woman, getting her "husband" using "traditional techniques" (rasams/sambars/vrats) in a most untraditional way!LOL!

Dev babu- run man, run- you are no equal to a woman's mind- when she makes up her mind, no man can undo it unless she changes her mind herself- ask any one out there- they will agree!
Blokes, I liked today's episode especially because of Radhika.

Actually,  I think Radhika is quite a feminist and a very strong woman.  She is my favorite character in CB1.  Yes, she makes mistakes and currently her decision to enter as a fake wife to get her rights is wrong.  But then she is also from a humble background where even her father refused to listen to her at the end.  So seeing that she is adopted and from a small village and a poor family,  there are not that many options for her.  Nobody consulted her when the proposal came and everyone including Dev and Rohan never took her consent in consideration.  When Dev was in love with Radhika, he took it for granted that she would agree to his proposal without thinking that she may not reciprocate his feelings.  Similarly when he decided that she is the best wife for Rohan, he unilatererly forced her to accept the marraige.  So Radhika is using her own background, education and beliefs to assert her rights to choose a partner for her.

I have never believed or agreed with the definition of "Women Lib" from the western point of view.  The true woman liberation to me is a right for a woman to pursue her own path even if it implies being a housewife or following customs that may be archaic to others.  I have seen some women who talk about "woman rights" and yet are very submissive in their own lives.  On the other hand,  I have come across plenty of women from different backgrounds and age group who have that mental strenght to fight for their own rights and beliefs (even if some may not agree with them).

So not a big fan of seeing vrats and rituals to accomplish something.  But here it goes with Radhika's character.  She is using something that she knows to get what she wants.

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

Avina_Love4everQueenEmeraldvishala08masumasrilankazam123..yajnaseni..anu17misti73kinu17fatssrilanka

blokes Goldie
blokes
blokes

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 3:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by why6

Actually,  I think Radhika is quite a feminist and a very strong woman.  She is my favorite character in CB1.  Yes, she makes mistakes and currently her decision to enter as a fake wife to get her rights is wrong.  But then she is also from a humble background where even her father refused to listen to her at the end.  So seeing that she is adopted and from a small village and a poor family,  there are not that many options for her.  Nobody consulted her when the proposal came and everyone including Dev and Rohan never took her consent in consideration.  When Dev was in love with Radhika, he took it for granted that she would agree to his proposal without thinking that she may not reciprocate his feelings.  Similarly when he decided that she is the best wife for Rohan, he unilatererly forced her to accept the marraige.  So Radhika is using her own background, education and beliefs to assert her rights to choose a partner for her.

I have never believed or agreed with the definition of "Women Lib" from the western point of view.  The true woman liberation to me is a right for a woman to pursue her own path even if it implies being a housewife or following customs that may be archaic to others.  I have seen some women who talk about "woman rights" and yet are very submissive in their own lives.  On the other hand,  I have come across plenty of women from different backgrounds and age group who have that mental strenght to fight for their own rights and beliefs (even if some may not agree with them).

So not a big fan of seeing vrats and rituals to accomplish something.  But here it goes with Radhika's character.  She is using something that she knows to get what she wants.
why3 when did u become why 6?! Anyways, exactly my idea- she is "limited" in her choices of actions given her background, but within that, I think she is coming out very strong and clear- Dev buddy, you may not acknowledge our relationship, but I do- and for now, it does not matter if the rest of the world is unaware of this, but I feel complete just knowing that I am near you- being your wife in my heart!

Isn't that the very crux of the radha-krishna myth? Radha is "technically" not krishna's wife, but she holds him dearer than life in her heart.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

rajsriradha_bilahari..yajnaseni..Angie12anu17fatssrilanka

Angie12 IF-Rockerz
Angie12
Angie12

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 3:13pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by why6

why3 when did u become why 6?! Anyways, exactly my idea- she is "limited" in her choices of actions given her background, but within that, I think she is coming out very strong and clear- Dev buddy, you may not acknowledge our relationship, but I do- and for now, it does not matter if the rest of the world is unaware of this, but I feel complete just knowing that I am near you- being your wife in my heart!
Well, this happened after that Mahaepisode and was due to making fun  of myself (Kanha why 6 times) for watching CB1 and CB2 when creatives change plots midway or show totally illogical stuff.  Anyway, there was some discussion about it in Misti's thread and I decided to become "Why6".

Now I am ok with her actions as long as they show eventual realization on her part that she did choose a wrong path to pursue her goals even if she had limited options.  So don't want her to be called "mahaan" at the end of the day.  She made decisions that were very human but actually went against her basic beliefs.  So don't want Dev or Dadaji to call her "great" and justify her actions in the name of Kanha just as it was  done in CB1.  There she disclosed the truth only as a last resort but all her previous wrong actions were forgiven by Dev in 5 minutes.  Same goes for Dev.  He has to realize the folly of his own actions and should not be forgiven by Radhika in few minutes. 

Isn't that the very crux of the radha-krishna myth? Radha is "technically" not krishna's wife, but she holds him dearer than life in her heart.

Afraid to link these two characters with radha-Kanha as the creatives ping-pong these characters as it suits them and their haphazard tracks.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

rajsrimisti73anu17kinu17fatssrilanka

misti73 IF-Sizzlerz
misti73
misti73

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 3:35pm | IP Logged
Blokes liked todays episode...the last scene was very powerful and Dev was hit for a sixer when she held his hand..he did not expect that from her.

As for Radha Krishna or any mythological, historical or literary characters...I am afraid to connect them with Radhika or Dev...for me these two characters are very human and I also don't trust the creatives and their ping ponging of characters to suit their tracks.  

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

rajsri..yajnaseni..Angie12kinu17anu17fatssrilanka

ashna26 IF-Sizzlerz
ashna26
ashna26

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 4:27pm | IP Logged
I just loved the scene when Radhika hold his arm. Dev was totally suprised and got more angry Great expression. But Radhika wow!  Avinash and Rubina rocked it!! A woman mind can be really strong! Big smile 

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index