kavina93 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
i've been watching saathiya for quite a while and following these forums and i have a few thoughts i would like to share with my fellow ifians!
Everyone wants the gohem love story to kickstart but i feel the saathiya cvs have been quite realistic and right to delay it (i as much as anyone want this love story to blossom!) because these 2 people are from such different, contrasting backgrounds. In the real world, it would take quite a lot of time to adjust to someone you barely know and who has absolutely nothing in common with you and with ahem, he loved anita so much and to suddenly get married to gopi was a swift change. The standout character for me by far has to be kokila and i have to applaud the cvs for creating a strong, domineering matriarchal character who is fair (she reminds me of a stricter tulsi back in the day). Whether its her daughter or bahu, she will stay firm with her decisions... in 99.9% of shows, the saas-bahu relationship is the same but here its different. I like the fact she is now going to bring her son and dil together after watching gopi's plight, the emotion that comes out in her character shows that gopi is like her daughter and she wants both her son and daughter to be happy. However where the cvs have failed miserably is the fact that both urmila and rashi get away with the most outrageous things, its insanely impossible noone except kokila has noticed what they are doing. The cvs never really developed the story where ahem hears urmila saying to who she thinks is rashi what is happening in the mm - surely he would investigate further or maybe he is content with being ignorant to what urmila and rashi are doing. Gopi may not be educated but she's intelligent with a pure heart which is what i would like ahem to see and finally understand that gopi is so naive and innocent she can do things like wash his laptop🤣 and not understand what she's doing wrong! go gopi!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ladydivine thumbnail
I agree with you, but partially. In real life, two people cannot stay silent without having a few conversations no matter how much they dislike each other. In Gohem's case, they are sharing a bedroom with each other. Also a person cannot stay grumpy full one year just because he married an uneducated girl. I understand that CVs is trying to portray Ahem as a bit emotionless, but if he is really educated he should try to find out why Gopi never went to school. He should also ask his mother why she thinks that Gopi is perfect for a sophisticated man like him. He is just hating, hating and hating. In real life, people have sympathy especially for someone who is orphan and never went to school. But all he is saying is, "she is not fit for me". The truth is that there is no real communication between them at all. 

Rashi gets most space on screen. I will just not comment on that anymore because I told before that she must be the relative of the writer, director or producer.
Edited by ladydivine - 12 years ago
gopakshi thumbnail
@ OP...I agree that Ahem should investigate the conversation with Urmila further.  Ahem's character cares a lot about his family and more than that about his family's privacy.  Ahem forgetting the conversation or disregarding it, is incongruent with his character.  I think the CVS still have a chance to revisit this.  I hope they somehow bring it back.  Also, why leave the cell phone with Rashi, it should be taken from her based on todays episode.  She doesnt need a cell phone to talk to her mom, she can use the main house line.   Maybe Rashi will next move to e-mailing her mom from Ahem's laptop. ðŸ˜†
kavina93 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ladydivine

I agree with you, but partially. In real life, two people cannot stay silent without having a few conversations no matter how much they dislike each other. In Gohem's case, they are sharing a bedroom with each other. Also a person cannot stay grumpy full one year just because he married an uneducated girl. I understand that CVs is trying to portray Ahem as a bit emotionless, but if he is really educated he should try to find out why Gopi never went to school. He should also ask his mother why she thinks that Gopi is perfect for a sophisticated man like him. He is just hating, hating and hating. In real life, people have sympathy especially for someone who is orphan and never went to school. But all he is saying is, "she is not fit for me". The truth is that there is no real communication between them at all. 

Rashi gets most space on screen. I will just not comment on that anymore because I told before that she must be the relative of the writer, director or producer.

like i said, education doesn't always make you wise- but i agree ahem should take time to understand gopi. kokila did push it further..it still think gohem could work..kokila should have picked a girl who was educated but not laalchi and with good morals. i think ahem or koki should teach gopi instead of picking at her faults constantly.
ladydivine thumbnail

Originally posted by: kavina93

like i said, education doesn't always make you wise- but i agree ahem should take time to understand gopi. kokila did push it further..it still think gohem could work..kokila should have picked a girl who was educated but not laalchi and with good morals. i think ahem or koki should teach gopi instead of picking at her faults constantly.

Many possibilities are there, but cvs is just wasting time in useless plots. Today, an entire drama with dull script took over the entire time. We didn't see any Gohem scene. Moreover, although Gopi was there she did not have anything valid to say. 
Well, Koki is a wise woman, yet cunning. She basically picked Gopi because she was easy to control. That time she really did not pay attention to her son's choice. She did not just want her son to be in love with her bahu. Now that those parts over they have to think about how to make the future of Gohem better. But it is possible only if cvs wants it.
kavina93 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ladydivine

Many possibilities are there, but cvs is just wasting time in useless plots. Today, an entire drama with dull script took over the entire time. We didn't see any Gohem scene. Moreover, although Gopi was there she did not have anything valid to say. 
Well, Koki is a wise woman, yet cunning. She basically picked Gopi because she was easy to control. That time she really did not pay attention to her son's choice. She did not just want her son to be in love with her bahu. Now that those parts over they have to think about how to make the future of Gohem better. But it is possible only if cvs wants it.

i agree its the same story every week - rashi does some kalakaari and she doesn't get caught, gopi tries to make ahem happy but fail - for how long though is my question? give gopi some bhaang and she'll start talking! i don't entirely believe she picked gopi in terms of control cos you can see how koki is building up gopi's confidence by encouraging her to speak etc koki just wanted someone completely innocent who doesn't think about money and other frivolous things and has a pure heart...i will get absolutely annoyed if gohem unite at the end of the show...there's just no progress whatsoever!