Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

akanna thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Neither. I just need a really good excuse to cut myself.
Don't take my posts seriously. 😆

LOL... I was confused because the topic has been cleared in this thread already... 😃
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Derek Hough was not in DWTS spring 2011
Brittana will not happen this season
Mariska Hargitay will be quitting SVU
Outsourced did not get a second season

And now Terence not coming back in DID 3. Shucks how much is my poor heart to take. I'll have to sit somewhere cry and cut myself.

Outsourced didn't get a second season? ðŸ˜² What is wrong with NBC?!!! ðŸ˜• 
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: tulipbaby53

Outsourced didn't get a second season? ðŸ˜² What is wrong with NBC?!!! ðŸ˜• 

Allegedly, the show was trashed by many critics for being offensive and did not garner much viewership. Ironically, every other desi I know thoroughly enjoyed Outsourced. Its bizarre.
debayon thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Offensive? Even I wasn't offended by it? I shall not eat curry for a year in protest of this blasphemy.

PS: Starting tomorrow.
tulipbaby53 thumbnail

Allegedly, the show was trashed by many critics for being offensive and did not garner much viewership. Ironically, every other desi I know thoroughly enjoyed Outsourced. Its bizarre.

Offensive?? ðŸ˜• Yeah, every Desi I know watches it too. Even the really Americanized ones. 

So shows like Family Guy are not offending anyone but Outsourced is? ðŸ˜• Hmmm...
Edited by tulipbaby53 - 12 years ago
Its actually victim to some BS PC brigade. People claim that it was offensive to Desis and desi culture. It's ridiculous. I mean we all take pride in our culture, but we can also laugh at some of the absurdities we have too. As some Brits on this forum will say Americans sometimes just don't get self deprecating or culturally deprecating humor - but will digest other forms of offensive stuff.
tulipbaby53 thumbnail

Its actually victim to some BS PC brigade. People claim that it was offensive to Desis and desi culture. It's ridiculous. I mean we all take pride in our culture, but we can also laugh at some of the absurdities we have too. As some Brits on this forum will say Americans sometimes just don't get self deprecating or culturally deprecating humor - but will digest other forms of offensive stuff.

That's the thing I don't understand. If Desis are finding it funny and not offensive, then who deems it as offending??? ðŸ˜• I mean, shows like Family Guy and even The Simpsons are waay more offending! 
Originally posted by: tulipbaby53

That's the thing I don't understand. If Desis are finding it funny and not offensive, then who deems it as offending??? ðŸ˜• I mean, shows like Family Guy and even The Simpsons are waay more offending! 

Its the whole BS PC brigade who want shows to be sensitive to culture and refuse to watch shows like Outsourced. Not to be racist, but its a bunch of misguided goras who dont get the difference between humor and actual offense.

They offend me by not watching Outsourced because they assume its offensive to me. Grr!
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Yeah, I agree! They are misguided goras who don't really know what racism is. That's why they allow shows like Family Guy to ridicule cultures and The Simpsons who had Apu! I mean, how those things less offensive than Outsourced? Gosh I wish I knew someone on this ethics review of shows team. 

Being PC is such BS because it doesn't even exist!
Oh upon some internet searching - Its not just the PC goras, its also the whiny goras who don't like the fact that we brownies can do a better job. Not sure how influential they were in shutting the show.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/ProtestOutsourced/

But fans of the show can go here

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hey-Nbc-Bring-Outsourced-Back/149612075106882

There's also a link to a petition there to bring the show back.