Mistis thoughts 16th may 2011 - Page 3

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by neerjashingla

What yudhishiter did  Misti ....You are right about Radhika , about the consequences of her actions ...She would have to answer why she did not tell the truth about her marriage with Rohan ...I already said it will be kind of pandora box when the reality will be disclosed , going to effect Dev Radhika,s relationship , do not think it will be positive reaction from Dev to Radhika ...Going to be spider web with both of them getting entangled , Radhika with her one track mind and Dev in denial mode ...in near future going to be not  any positive solution to their actions...Possible if truth comes in to light then Dev has to leave the house along with Radhika ...and Dev again blaming Radhika...In near future no will is opened and the Future RP is kept secret ...

Dadaji is pretty happy and relaxed so he might know something that is there in the will that might stop the will from being read...Dev being forced to leave the house with Radhika...thats possible...
Originally posted by rajsri

Loved your comments  ... 
Thank you.

overall, a very interesting episode ... liked it a lot

really loved rad's spunk  😆... it is very misguided and absolutely not the right thing to do to live here as Rohan's wife ... but she is just sticking to what she believes is right...yes and she has this expression i her face when she sweetly makes people do exactly what she wants them to do...I find that expression very entertaining.  
-  Dev's expressions when she looks at him and says that she is doing this for vrat for KK were priceless ... so were Rads  ... i was laughing at this scene ... in fact, i am really enjoying these dinner convos they are having with BB and viraat on the one hand, dev looking spooked and angry alternatively and Rads calmly and sweetly requesting something  ... she has become excellent at her double meaning dialogues  😆...yes and she looks at Dev from the corner of her eyes as if to check that whether he is listening to her not...and when she is sure that he is reacting she drops the double meaning sentences which she knows will hit the right spot.
-  BB was genuinely worried too when Rads came up with her " i have one more thing to ask you"...BB, virath and Mohini...
-  loved the last scene ... these two are great at confrontation scenes ... so i know i will get chappals for this ... but i want this to continue for some more time ... before they come up with radev lovey dovey scenes  ... it is great to see rads too fighting for what she believes is right ... she cant force him to accept her as his wife and he cant force her to give up what she wants to do
oh no chappals from me I am enjoying these confrontations.

as far as dev is concerned, i think he is angry but also worried.  He is possibly a guy who exercised a lot of control over what he did in life ... and he decided he would give up the person he thought he loved out of a sense of duty ... now she is taking it away from him by barging into his life and she also is negating everything he has decided by showing that kanha is supporting her
Rads is pushing his boundaries significantly and he is retaliating ... on a subconscious level, he is also angry that people think that she is doing these things for rohan
Yes...I also feel that he is being pulled apart by obligation on one hand and Radhika pushing him on the other hand...he will have to change lots of his beliefs and ethics to accept and acknowledge Rads and thats why he is reacting,...as for Rohan...yes for that too...he on one level wants her to do all these things for him and then he gets angry when he sees her doing it for him and gets even more angry when he sees others thinking that he is doing this for Rohan...I am feeling very sorry for this chap...can't help it,

At the end of the day, i hope they show that they both realize that they were wrong in their own way ... and that they were the products of how they had been raised and what they believed in ... both of them may be perfect for each other but are not even talking the same language here
Yes, they are on two different pages of the same book.

For now, i am enjoying it ... but please continue to show Dev's thoughts ... he may be angry but does he wonder why is angry?  or show that he helps rads in some way but stays mad at her 
yes

Originally posted by misti73

😆...Laughing at the clothes bit because that is what struck me when I watched the SBS segment...that discontinuity in dialgues, scenes are ok but clothes is not...or the angle of the ghunghat is not.😆
 Actually,  I found the segment funny because Rubina was being sarcastic.  Also, they were making fun of script not being available on time.  So these so called creatives wouldn't let the actors improvise or ask them to wear clothes certain way (even though pallu shifts in real life depending on the head movement and nobody wears it so precise the way they show Radhika wearing it), but will play with the characterization, scenes etc.  That's why I was thinking that suddenly they added the guilt dialogue to maybe generate more sympathy for Radhika.  That's why Dev is being shown as one-dimensionally angry.  It is more than likely that Avinash is putting his own expressions based on his interpretation of the character to make it more appealing to audience.  Kind of feel sorry for actors when they are given such poor script.

Despite the justification of Dev's character, his character has been moved around so much.  Initially, they showed him with that puppet smile and almost innocent like persona.  The characterization they are showing is more in line with his background where he is obligated but aloof.  Also, he has a misguided sense of his family members as he spent most of his childhood away from these people.  

But the way they showed the change in character is very inconsistent.  One moment he was this innocent lover type person who suddenly changed after couple of conversations into this hard personality who could care less about the girl he was feeling passionate about.  Now he has turned into this total angry person whom I personally feel like sending to anger management classes based on his borderline abusive behavior towards Radhika.  This is all well and good but at least show it slowly over time.  Now with this vrat, it would culminate in him suddenly forgiving Radhika and being nicer to her even if he is not able to accept her.  At least the outcome of vrat is described as such where Rohan would get cured and Dev would lose his anger towards Radhika.

All this so that they can bring their "twist" on Friday which would apparently happen on the birthday.  Radhika is surely a busiest person as she gets all this done in two days since the wedding.  The day after the wedding night she was in PB, had a face-off with Padma, was forced to do puja under the tree, was shouted at by Banshee, had a face-off with Dev, had muh-dikhai, assured Dadaji, had a major victory against Maheswari, did Puja, got Dev's room and had a final fight with him where she got injured.  

Next day, she did that bhajan, Padma did her second shouting at her, Maheswari told her off, had a conversation with her father, prepared the rasoi, faced another tantrum of Padma, then was thrown out of the room by Padma, was told off by Dev, cried in her room, got those gifts, asked for Nirjal vrat, found peacock feather and stuff saved by Dev and finally faced the last tantrum of the day from Dev.

Now the third day at PB:  Started with a fight with Dev...and birthday celebrations are yet to come when we get to see another twist.  So for sure Rohan is getting cured as the vrat is going to be successful.  Now will Rohan claim that Radhika is his wife for real?  Or is that a small twist with the big twist coming with the opening or not opening of the will.

Anyway, the reason I am writing is that these writers are so focused on providing twists on Fridays that they are rushing everything unnecessarily.  The way Dev is made so rigid, he needs to change gradually.  But it won't happen.

She is not even thinking of her father and his condition in the society when or of this truth regarding false marriage comes out...Purohits are rich andinfluential but her father is not.   
That is an important point.  She would be hurting her father with her actions.  Today, they showed Mansaram blasting Shanti for not providing good values to Chenu and Chanda.  He was missing his daughter Radhika who used to keep Chenu under control.  So he was praising her virtues.  Shanti got mad at that and angrily asked Mansa to tell Radhika to bring money.  So was that scene an indication that Mansa would know about Radhika's lie and would be heartbroken that she did something like this.

Yes...if they are soulmates then from my POV they should be challenging each other and also questioning each others actions...and in this way enable each other to become better human beings.

Well, if they can show Dev behaving like this with Radhika, why not give the same right to Radhika and show her questioning his behavior.  She is not a doormate who would take crap from him.  Because she is traditional, she will tolerate a lot as she is currently doing or what she indicated today.  But she would push back if he goes too far.  They showed that in the childhood, Radhika was used to getting her way with Dev.  So it should be here on big things.

Talking of big things, Dev told Radhika in their initial meetings that he wasn't scared of small things and she was too scared of every small thing.  But now he should know that she may be scared of small things, but she is not scared of big things while it is a reverse for him.  She has more guts than him.  He was so wary when she requested Maheswari in her politest and sweetest voice.

Me too...I was laughing...😆...I am waiting for the Shakespeare reference now.😉😆 
They made that reference in CB1.  This time Tagore's name was used in CB2.  But Shakespeare is coming too in one of those episodes where they will be showing the silliest track and patting themselves on their back. 

Well one can say that he is a coward...to me he is extremely confused and is being pulled in two opposite directions..his obigation at one end and Radhika forcing him to come out of his comfort zone at another end...since he realises subconsiously that coming out of his comfort zone will entitle him to question his own beliefs and ethics, he is fighting back for his own survival...he has survided in this house and has not lived his life. One of my cousins had a pet parrot and he usaully used to stay in his cage...not because he was not allowed to fly around but because he was scared of venturing outside. Even when the doors of the cage used to be opened he used to refuse come out of the cage and sometimes he used to walk to the door...lean out of the cage...hold the door with his beak and then himself shut the door of the cage...Dev is reminding me of that parrot.

Misti, you are right that he is confused and getting pulled in two directions.  As Rajsri wrote, he had decided on a particular path but like you mentioned Radhika by pursuing her fight for her rights is pulling him out of that comforting path.  His actions are somewhat cowardly to me because he is blasting Radhika for something that he himself is guilty of doing.  So he wants Radhika to partially come clean without involving him in the consequences when he himself started this chain of events.   

As far as the parrot story is concerned, you have a very good analogy.  In fact, I had a rabbit once for a pet who was from a cage too.  Despite me giving him free reign to run around the house, he would be so scared and would go hide under the bed and wouldn't come out.    He just wasn't used to the freedom and the open spaces used to scare him.

Radhika is definitely the stronger character but you know me...I usually lean towards the underdog, so Dev it is for me...but I do accept that he needs to be punished and he also has to be shown to repent. Finally this track when it finishes needs a very strong emotional closure.

I know you go for the underdog and so would root for Dev.  I do feel sympathy for Dev from time to time but it vanishes at his selfish behavior.  So an appropriate punishment is needed for him where he is desperate for Radhika but has lost her.  

While Radhika was your favorite character in CB1,  Dev was my favorite character.  I was sympathetic to Radhika from the beginning and liked her character.  I only started liking Dev as he was the only one to stand up for her.  But I lost sympathy for her character after that vat Savitri period where she used to emotionally blackmail Dev knowing fully well that Vishaka had no interest in the marriage and was fooling the entire PF including Dev.  Then even next year, even though they showed some justification of her behavior, it was mostly her taking Dev for granted.  I only started feeling sympathetic towards her during Abhay track but that was because they made Abhay so obnoxious and hard to like.  Here Dev is similarly somewhat on the obnoxious side.  

But saying all this,  I don't mind the flawed Dev at all.  As long as the track shows an emotional closure, I am fine.  But based on chunnu munnu's history, I am skeptical about that.  
Edited by why6 - 12 years ago
Originally posted by misti73

He is shutting out Radhika emotionally...the closing of the windows to me signifies the shutting of Radhika... 

I liked that scene too because again Dev did it very deliberately to drive a point to Radhika.  Just as Radhika glanced at him and used those dialogues and the name of KK to let Dev know about her intentions,  Dev did it to show to Radhika his emotional distance from Radhika.  He saw her smiling at him, stared at her and then turned his face.  But then he paused and looked back at her face.  Her face that was looking forlone started having a hopeful look and her smile that had dimmed reappeared.  Then he looked at her deliberately and shut his windows.  It was an intentionally cruel act just as his supporting Padma on the first day had been.  There too he had made sure that she was waiting for his reply and he did that.

So to me these deliberate acts of cruelty are pretty good scenes.  Of course this should imply that Radhika remains attached to that image of KK that Dev does not represent.  So Dev can not be the person with whom she should fall in love anytime soon.  It is that kind KK who was her playmate and used to back down in order to make her happy.  At least they are being consistent where they are not giving her any dialogues about loving Dev.  It is only KK she talks about and it is only for KK that she is keeping this vrat.  Also, today they showed her becoming happy at the thought that KK kept those momentos for 12 years.  

I have to say that on this particular topic, they are doing a good job and despite inconsistencies depicting Radhika's feelings quite well.  If only they would do it for Dev too instead of trying to make him one-dimensional.  Avinash's expressions do try to show multi facets of the characters but still in absence of monologues, his character makes it harder to believe that Radhika can or will  fall for such a guy so deeply.  
Misti,

Thanks for your thoughts.  As much as I liked Friday's episode, y'day's was much better and I enjoyed it.  First thing s first, the beautiful sitar piece in raag Bhageshri with Radhika's thoughts was simply awesome. 

I liked the episode for a number of reasons.  Even if it was a one liner for the side characters it gave a serious impact to the situation.  I liked the way Mohini reminded her saas maa not to allow Radhika to ask for another vardaan.  Though the others silenced her, still it had the impact ina subtle way.  I had a hearty laugh after this dialogue.  then, we had Radhika asking permission in her own typical style conveying all the necessary info to Dev about her nirjala vrat.  The expressions of the people on the dining table was really worth watching.  I thought Dev was ok to this after hearing the whole thing.

It was when Mohini conveyed the message to Padma that it dawned on Dev that to the family she is Rohan's wife and then the monologue.  He started feeling worried and started understanding her thought process.  He holds her responsible and wants her to take the initiative and let the family know the truth.

The stage has been nicely set up for Rohan's birthday celebration.  Radhika doing this vrat to get her husband to forgive her, for his long life and for Rohan to become alright so that he tells the truth.  radhika is on her mission, so is BB and Viraat who are also waiting for the most important day----they are also on their one track thought process---- also liked the fact that they are inter-weaving the chenu track in this which is also good.

Dev does not like Radhika to get the gifts in the position of the CB, so what will prompt Dev to accept Radhika as his wife?  The track has been good so far and hope they dont give misleading promos and drive away the audience.

Avinash was brilliant y'day and Rubina with her calm serene look can really push the buttons.  A piece of advice to DEV---Angry young man getting rattled, angry and yelling means you are losing the battle---Your angry looks, spitting fire or insulting is not going to help you.  Thinking caps to be put on and reflect on a calm and cool surrounding, answers are there in front of you. 
Originally posted by why6

😆...Laughing at the clothes bit because that is what struck me when I watched the SBS segment...that discontinuity in dialgues, scenes are ok but clothes is not...or the angle of the ghunghat is not.😆
 Actually,  I found the segment funny because Rubina was being sarcastic.  Also, they were making fun of script not being available on time.  So these so called creatives wouldn't let the actors improvise or ask them to wear clothes certain way (even though pallu shifts in real life depending on the head movement and nobody wears it so precise the way they show Radhika wearing it), but will play with the characterization, scenes etc.  That's why I was thinking that suddenly they added the guilt dialogue to maybe generate more sympathy for Radhika.  That's why Dev is being shown as one-dimensionally angry.  It is more than likely that Avinash is putting his own expressions based on his interpretation of the character to make it more appealing to audience.  Kind of feel sorry for actors when they are given such poor script.
Yes maybe the guilt dialogue was added to generate sympathy...it did not make sense on friday because it was clashing with Radhikas actions and thoughts...I can understand her being sorry for Rohans condition due to its effect on Padma, Radhika does not know Padma that well and so it is possible  that she might take it all as Padmas grief coming out. Yesterday too her actions and dialogues did not show any guilt. Regarding Avinash putting his own expression based in his personal interpretation of Dev for the audience...he might be doing it and kudos to him for doing it...whoever is giving him these tips...either he himself or someone else...is doing a very good job and that is why I am placing his acting before anyone else because Dev, although is the male lead his characterisation has been played with the most, so he has an uphill task regarding convincing the audience.

Despite the justification of Dev's character, his character has been moved around so much.  Initially, they showed him with that puppet smile and almost innocent like persona.  The characterization they are showing is more in line with his background where he is obligated but aloof.  Also, he has a misguided sense of his family members as he spent most of his childhood away from these people.  
Yes...I think thats why they gave the dialogue regarding him going to hostel...maybe finally they realised that it will explain his blindness regarding some of the members,since he was not at home

But the way they showed the change in character is very inconsistent.  One moment he was this innocent lover type person who suddenly changed after couple of conversations into this hard personality who could care less about the girl he was feeling passionate about.  Now he has turned into this total angry person whom I personally feel like sending to anger management classes based on his borderline abusive behavior towards Radhika.  This is all well and good but at least show it slowly over time.  Now with this vrat, it would culminate in him suddenly forgiving Radhika and being nicer to her even if he is not able to accept her.  At least the outcome of vrat is described as such where Rohan would get cured and Dev would lose his anger towards Radhika.
Yes...most probably and in this way they will give the track an anti-climax...atleast it will be for. ...I mean if he looses this amount of anger so quickly.
All this so that they can bring their "twist" on Friday which would apparently happen on the birthday.  Radhika is surely a busiest person as she gets all this done in two days since the wedding.  The day after the wedding night she was in PB, had a face-off with Padma, was forced to do puja under the tree, was shouted at by Banshee, had a face-off with Dev, had muh-dikhai, assured Dadaji, had a major victory against Maheswari, did Puja, got Dev's room and had a final fight with him where she got injured.  
Yes....😆

Next day, she did that bhajan, Padma did her second shouting at her, Maheswari told her off, had a conversation with her father, prepared the rasoi, faced another tantrum of Padma, then was thrown out of the room by Padma, was told off by Dev, cried in her room, got those gifts, asked for Nirjal vrat, found peacock feather and stuff saved by Dev and finally faced the last tantrum of the day from Dev.
Yes....😆...Now  after you have written what happened in her life in these few days I am marveling at her energy level.😉 

Now the third day at PB:  Started with a fight with Dev...and birthday celebrations are yet to come when we get to see another twist.  So for sure Rohan is getting cured as the vrat is going to be successful.  Now will Rohan claim that Radhika is his wife for real?  Or is that a small twist with the big twist coming with the opening or not opening of the will.
Lets see...
Anyway, the reason I am writing is that these writers are so focused on providing twists on Fridays that they are rushing everything unnecessarily.  The way Dev is made so rigid, he needs to change gradually.  But it won't happen.
Yes.

She would be hurting her father with her actions.  Today, they showed Mansaram blasting Shanti for not providing good values to Chenu and Chanda.  He was missing his daughter Radhika who used to keep Chenu under control.  So he was praising her virtues.  Shanti got mad at that and angrily asked Mansa to tell Radhika to bring money.  So was that scene an indication that Mansa would know about Radhika's lie and would be heartbroken that she did something like this.
Maybe...I mean the happenings at Mansaram's house has to have some bearing on the current track...otherwise why will they show it? Shanti could have asked money from badi bahu and that would have resulted in some other thing opening up but Mansaram put a stop to that saying that if she does it then she will not see his face (well Shanti can still go on her own and not listen to Mansaram)...the other option is Radhika getting to know of it and somehow Dev getting to know of it and he in turn doing something, so that will be him helping out Radhika even though he is angry at her...and the other option might be a hint to the audience regarding Mansarams future behavior if the false marriage truth comes out. 

Well, if they can show Dev behaving like this with Radhika, why not give the same right to Radhika and show her questioning his behavior.  She is not a doormate who would take crap from him.  Because she is traditional, she will tolerate a lot as she is currently doing or what she indicated today.  But she would push back if he goes too far.  They showed that in the childhood, Radhika was used to getting her way with Dev.  So it should be here on big things.
Yes

Talking of big things, Dev told Radhika in their initial meetings that he wasn't scared of small things and she was too scared of every small thing.  But now he should know that she may be scared of small things, but she is not scared of big things while it is a reverse for him.  She has more guts than him.  He was so wary when she requested Maheswari in her politest and sweetest voice.
Dev is just plain scared of anything that is going to make him come out of his own comfort zone, whereas Radhika has more guts (it might be misplaced) because of her strong faith, which Dev does not have.      

Misti, you are right that he is confused and getting pulled in two directions.  As Rajsri wrote, he had decided on a particular path but like you mentioned Radhika by pursuing her fight for her rights is pulling him out of that comforting path.  His actions are somewhat cowardly to me because he is blasting Radhika for something that he himself is guilty of doing.  So he wants Radhika to partially come clean without involving him in the consequences when he himself started this chain of events.   
Yes I understand the coward part and to me his wanting Radhika to take the step in coming clean again shows his reluctance in coming out of his comfort zone...
As far as the parrot story is concerned, you have a very good analogy.  In fact, I had a rabbit once for a pet who was from a cage too.  Despite me giving him free reign to run around the house, he would be so scared and would go hide under the bed and wouldn't come out.    He just wasn't used to the freedom and the open spaces used to scare him.
In real life this also happens with human beings...usually human beings are creatures of routine and sudden changes scares a lot of people...its only very few people who can accept the changes life throws at us and take it in their stride...most will either fight back or atleast question these changes.  

I know you go for the underdog and so would root for Dev.  I do feel sympathy for Dev from time to time but it vanishes at his selfish behavior.  So an appropriate punishment is needed for him where he is desperate for Radhika but has lost her.  

While Radhika was your favorite character in CB1,  Dev was my favorite character.  I was sympathetic to Radhika from the beginning and liked her character.  I only started liking Dev as he was the only one to stand up for her.  But I lost sympathy for her character after that vat Savitri period where she used to emotionally blackmail Dev knowing fully well that Vishaka had no interest in the marriage and was fooling the entire PF including Dev.  Then even next year, even though they showed some justification of her behavior, it was mostly her taking Dev for granted.  I only started feeling sympathetic towards her during Abhay track but that was because they made Abhay so obnoxious and hard to like.  Here Dev is similarly somewhat on the obnoxious side.  

But saying all this,  I don't mind the flawed Dev at all.  As long as the track shows an emotional closure, I am fine.  But based on chunnu munnu's history, I am skeptical about that.  
I am skeptical about emotional closure and showing the growth in characters. 
Originally posted by why6

I liked that scene too because again Dev did it very deliberately to drive a point to Radhika.  Just as Radhika glanced at him and used those dialogues and the name of KK to let Dev know about her intentions,  Dev did it to show to Radhika his emotional distance from Radhika.  He saw her smiling at him, stared at her and then turned his face.  But then he paused and looked back at her face.  Her face that was looking forlone started having a hopeful look and her smile that had dimmed reappeared.  Then he looked at her deliberately and shut his windows.  It was an intentionally cruel act just as his supporting Padma on the first day had been.  There too he had made sure that she was waiting for his reply and he did that.

So to me these deliberate acts of cruelty are pretty good scenes.  Of course this should imply that Radhika remains attached to that image of KK that Dev does not represent.  So Dev can not be the person with whom she should fall in love anytime soon.  It is that kind KK who was her playmate and used to back down in order to make her happy.  At least they are being consistent where they are not giving her any dialogues about loving Dev.  It is only KK she talks about and it is only for KK that she is keeping this vrat.  Also, today they showed her becoming happy at the thought that KK kept those momentos for 12 years.  

I have to say that on this particular topic, they are doing a good job and despite inconsistencies depicting Radhika's feelings quite well.  If only they would do it for Dev too instead of trying to make him one-dimensional.  Avinash's expressions do try to show multi facets of the characters but still in absence of monologues, his character makes it harder to believe that Radhika can or will  fall for such a guy so deeply.  

I liked the window shutting scene too...it was quite symbolic and Radhika got the message. The writers are being consistent regarding the fact that she is till after KK and not Dev...well she actually does not know the real Dev...for that she has to understand his sense of obligation and for that she has to see the reality behind badi bahus and Virats reactions towards him. Both these two are now on their best behaviour but if the will is not read then it might make them lash out. 
Edited by misti73 - 12 years ago
misti hw did u forget a beautiful dialogue which was given to us in today's episode... I was waiting for ur take on it..

Dev -- " Tmrw somebody is gng to cut the cake in our house ??"
Rohan -- " who ?? Who ?? "
Dev -- "His name starts with R and ends with N"
Rohan -- "ROHAN !! means ME, mummy, mummy Is tmrw my happy B'day ??"😆
Padma -- "Yes dear"
Rohan -- "so tmrw even Viraath bhaayya and Dev come "
Viraath - "I will surely come dear"
Rohan -- "Not u, u FOOL !! my real Viraath bhayya and DEV'
Padma -- "They study out, so won't be able to come"
Rohan -- "No No !! If they come to knw abt my b'day they will come " 😆 

Rohan forgot his own b'day and even his dear Viraath bhayya and Dev do nt knw his b'day... 😆
Edited by abhilasha_dream - 12 years ago
Maybe...I mean the happenings at Mansaram's house has to have some bearing on the current track...otherwise why will they show it? Shanti could have asked money from badi bahu and that would have resulted in some other thing opening up but Mansaram put a stop to that saying that if she does it then she will not see his face (well Shanti can still go on her own and not listen to Mansaram)...the other option is Radhika getting to know of it and somehow Dev getting to know of it and he in turn doing something, so that will be him helping out Radhika even though he is angry at her...and the other option might be a hint to the audience regarding Mansarams future behavior if the false marriage truth comes out. 
Misti it could also lead to somehow Radhika using the gifts she got to release Chenu and Dev accusing her and she being heartbroken at it.
Originally posted by radha_bilahari

Misti,

Thanks for your thoughts.  As much as I liked Friday's episode, y'day's was much better and I enjoyed it.  First thing s first, the beautiful sitar piece in raag Bhageshri with Radhika's thoughts was simply awesome. 
 You are welcome Radha. The sitar was beautiful as the background music. They have used classical music before...after Dev holds Rad's hand in the holi episode and she runs away...they had a very beautiful classical music playing when she was running away in panic...loved that music...also when Dev used to think about Radhika, they used to play a humming track in the background...loved that too. They should play more classical music tracks on Dev and Radhika...it suits them.

I liked the episode for a number of reasons.  Even if it was a one liner for the side characters it gave a serious impact to the situation.  I liked the way Mohini reminded her saas maa not to allow Radhika to ask for another vardaan.  Though the others silenced her, still it had the impact ina subtle way.  I had a hearty laugh after this dialogue.  then, we had Radhika asking permission in her own typical style conveying all the necessary info to Dev about her nirjala vrat.  The expressions of the people on the dining table was really worth watching.  I thought Dev was ok to this after hearing the whole thing.
That scene was hilarious...badi bahu and virat were spooked...Dev was getting furious and had that what are you now upto look...he has realised that whatever he says Radhika will do exactly what she wants to do...he can shout, glare...he will only get a serene smile in return.😆

It was when Mohini conveyed the message to Padma that it dawned on Dev that to the family she is Rohan's wife and then the monologue.  He started feeling worried and started understanding her thought process.  He holds her responsible and wants her to take the initiative and let the family know the truth.
Yes but he is also responsible ...he is keeping quiet and that makes him part of this act too. Somebody should point it out to him

The stage has been nicely set up for Rohan's birthday celebration.  Radhika doing this vrat to get her husband to forgive her, for his long life and for Rohan to become alright so that he tells the truth.  radhika is on her mission, so is BB and Viraat who are also waiting for the most important day----they are also on their one track thought process---- also liked the fact that they are inter-weaving the chenu track in this which is also good.
I am liking how this time they are slowly bringing in the other secondary characters and laying the foundation for the next track...they dd it with Mohini before and now she is playing an imp part...maybe next will be something to do with Chenu. The actors are good, the characters are interesting so why not use them to take the story forward.   

Dev does not like Radhika to get the gifts in the position of the CB, so what will prompt Dev to accept Radhika as his wife?  The track has been good so far and hope they dont give misleading promos and drive away the audience.
 Maybe if he is forced to..
Avinash was brilliant y'day and Rubina with her calm serene look can really push the buttons.  A piece of advice to DEV---Angry young man getting rattled, angry and yelling means you are losing the battle---Your angry looks, spitting fire or insulting is not going to help you.  Thinking caps to be put on and reflect on a calm and cool surrounding, answers are there in front of you. 
Poor Dev...he is fighting aloosing battle and I think he knows it but being stubborn does not want to accept it.😉😆