Ameesha turns producer to put education 2 good use

Posted: 12 years ago

Ameesha's 70 crore dreams

Actor Ameesha Patel, who recently launched her first production house Ameesha Patel Productions (APP), has signed David Dhawan to direct her first movie. The actor has also finalsed her production house's next project and has kept aside a whopping 70 crores for the two films. 

"I am making two films each with a budget of 35 crores. The director of my first film is David Dhawan. It will be a commercial, kickass, masala film with a big star cast including me," says an "excited and proud" Ameesha.

Refuting reports that she sent many messages to filmmakers Imtiaz Ali and Kunal Kohli to direct her projects, she says, "David is the first director I approached. Why would I send smses to Imtiaz when he was at my launch party? This is rubbish. The actor has launched her production house with old friend Kuunal.

In the past many actors have turned producers but Ameesha says that she will do it better than all of them. "Many actors have turned producers recently, but their films have had budgets of  Rs 5-6 crore. I have spent one tenth of my budget on my launch party. Not many people can afford to spend one tenth of their budget just on a party and invitations. Everyone received a bottle of dom perignon with the invite that I sent out," she says adding that she decided to turn producer to make use of her superior education.

"Why should I launch a yoga or a fitness DVD when I can be the boss of my own company? I am one of the most educated actors in the industry. This is how I can put my education to good use too," she says adding that acting in other films will not take backseat. "I am all for acting in other filmmakers' projects. I have a very good and trustworthy team and even if I am away shooting, I know they will take good care of everything," she says.

So, are we likely to best friend and actor Sanjay Dutt's wife Maanayata in her films? "Oh, no. I don't think Maana is looking at acting in films. She is very happy with her role as a mother," she smiles.

A very big star cast including me.LOL she is too funny and fool.
Seems like everyones putting their "education" to use these days..

edited
Edited by preity*zinta - 12 years ago
Originally posted by TallyHo

"Why should I launch a yoga or a fitness DVD when I can be the boss of my own company? I am one of the most educated actors in the industry. This is how I can put my education to good use too,"
oh  geez.. i read that as boobs.. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
 big star cast including me,

πŸ˜†she thinks she is too good
Edited by myLuvShahid-ji - 12 years ago
Yes she is one of the most educated non-actress of Bollywood. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
excellent. Ameesha Patel is back yet again pretending to be someone that people are interested in.

. It will be a commercial, kickass, masala film with a big star cast including me," says an "excited and proud" Ameesha.

Oxymoron

Originally posted by TheDilettante

Oxymoron

did you expect anything brighter from a moron..? πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
OMG, I can't believe i was her fan at one time. Thank god I was brought out of that nightmare. She's such a narcissist. What a disgrace to Patels (Maybe I was her fan for that reason). She's ridiculous for making those stupid remarks.