Rang Badalti Odhani

India-Forums

Rang Badalti Odhani
Rang Badalti Odhani

Accountability!! DTNOTE13 SUMMARY PAGE 13 (Page 7)

SachDJ Goldie
SachDJ
SachDJ

Posted: 17 May 2011 at 1:00pm | IP Logged
Trying not add more to this debate.

However from a girl POV, if my BF keeps insisting out there that he is single, or keeps asking me to change my DP cause his fans don't like it, would make me pretty mad as his GF, I mean if a guy does not have guts to accept a relationship, it definitely would not be worth continuing.

Think of it that way too...I think it would be awful to be in such a relationship. However much you care about your fans or PR.

I imagine if you are in real relationship and serious about it there would be no qualms to accept anyway, no matter what.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

nk.mail

saaaz IF-Dazzler
saaaz
saaaz

Posted: 17 May 2011 at 5:19pm | IP Logged
So I am flitting through the forum after a really looong time...and lo and behold come across a post created by dear DocD..who in my books shall remain one of the most sincere fans of Shanak ... and what a post?!! ..one that tingles my brain cells..another rarity on the forum ...

Well, it seems like there has been quite a heated discussion and points raised already..all valid and whatever may be the motivations behind the various replies, (un)fortunately I am not privy to...but I thought shall put in my two bit..the line that stayed with me the most is what I shall attempt to address...

"actors are accountable to their fans with respect to their craft...but the million dollar question is whether it is just that or more??!!!"

In my opinion, the fact of the matter is that there is only one thing that shall carry actors forward in guaranteeing shelf life...and that factor is 'IMAGE'...in the make-believe world of entertainment image is everything...when a fan spends hours on a forum discussing the show, reading and writing fiction based on characters from the show.. as fans, all we are doing is responding to the image that has been created...that image stays with us, it lets us dream, it tells us to hold on, it manifests into new fantasies and it gives a lot of us a high and the exhilaration livens up our hum drum lives...in fact even for the most impersonal and clinical viewer, image plays a huge role in wanting to see the actor again..and again ...

As an actor, the IMAGE is important because without it, there is no audience who shall be willing to invest in the make believe...and as an actor, a huge part of your responsibility is being true towards that very image you help create...either on your own or through the varying characters you portray... and this time and age of instant infotainment - FB, Twitter, Blogs etc..it is inevitable that your personal life shall overlap with your professional one...which often actors use to their advantage to enhance their image and being honest and responsible towards that very image is key in increasing your fans and maintaining your current fan base..

The day an actor shows irresponsibility towards the image..either by personal actions or behavior, no matter how great an actor on screen, for a fan, the image is broken..the dream shattered and the fan rudely awoken...and for all actors out there with limited shelf life... dudes...the day the fans wake up, it is your final day...

For all of us who think that personal behavior does not impact professional life, we could not be more wrong.. if one of the most dynamic US presidents that the world has seen in the past several decades was impeached on basis of a personal affair... what is a mere TV actor???...

Image and branding is everything...and being responsible towards that image is key to your survival in a profession where you rely on the public for your growth...after all, in the world of fluff TV shows, four people watching for sake of content can only take you so far...umm..or lets say not very far!!..

Edited by saaaz - 17 May 2011 at 5:21pm

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

dr.dsrroadsidejunkeynk.mail-Ray--YasharanArshi-aditeetvrasikadestinylovelghosh

aditee IF-Rockerz
aditee
aditee

Posted: 17 May 2011 at 6:12pm | IP Logged
What a lovely post Saaz

You speak and write very well indeed

Nobody could have said that better than you!

dr.dsr

tvrasika IF-Rockerz
tvrasika
tvrasika

Posted: 17 May 2011 at 6:47pm | IP Logged
Welcome back SaaazSmile and well saidClap

dr.dsr

lghosh IF-Sizzlerz
lghosh
lghosh

Posted: 17 May 2011 at 7:56pm | IP Logged
I agree Saaz, a fantastic post & what a valid point! So so true! Its for the image the actors stay in limelight & strive to maintain it to remain popular amongst their fans & once that goes, out goes the popularity as well through the window.
If not to the fans they r accountable to themselves to maintain that image & once they falter in this arena all their endeavours goes to sheer waste.
No wonder they spend millions of rupees to maintain that image with all possible publicity & PR.
Another reason why we see so many actors & actresses all coming out in the open about their relationship status openly so that they r not caught unaware by the media in places unforeseen to them & the next moment its all published all over the Internet in all possible sites.
I am not saying everyone ought to do this but as u said maintaining the image is the numero uno criteria in this cut throat competitive showbiz world.
Thumbs Up for pointing this unwavering fact.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

dr.dsraditee

tvrasika IF-Rockerz
tvrasika
tvrasika

Posted: 17 May 2011 at 8:12pm | IP Logged
Sorry to go on... just want to add to Saaaz's point.

Image is very important for all celebrities (actors, sportspersons, even politicians who becomes celebs in India, LOL).

That image is cultivated not just by what's written about them in print (newspapers, magazines), and their work (films, TV), but also by what they say on camera (in video interviews especially). The visual medium is a very powerful medium. It creates and sustains the image. So celebrities, in this case, actors, have to be conscious of what they say.

In this internet age, actors may not have full control on the pictures that appear on the net, on the rumors written about them in print etc. But they do have control over what they say, the words that come out of their mouth. Words matter.

If they don't intend to mean what they say, better not say it. Just say 'no comments'! Fans will get the message, and may be journalists too, and they will stop asking questions!

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

dr.dsrSachDJ-Ray-destinyloveaditeelghosh

simikr IF-Rockerz
simikr
simikr

Posted: 17 May 2011 at 9:07pm | IP Logged
Ok Just here to put in my 2 cents for whatever its worth! Usually nothing!
Please note that this has nothing to do with any particular personality or actor or star! I'm just generalising...

What I wanted to point out is that Any Kind of News be it good or bad about a media personality tends to help that person become famous/infamous and thus helps in name recognition etc and may eventually help in getting the said person more work and so on!

There are several examples where Bad publicity has actually helped relatively unknown players become so called 'stars.'

This is a standard Trick of the Trade.

Again this is just a generalisation.

Edited by simiv - 17 May 2011 at 9:15pm

roadsidejunkey

rooj-i IF-Sizzlerz
rooj-i
rooj-i

Posted: 17 May 2011 at 9:14pm | IP Logged
@Saazy (welcome back and I am happy to see you) and Gaayu,

Before you guys hurl back to me, I just want to say that this is in no way an attack to you guys. I have been questioned and accused for quoting people in the past so please this is not some special treatment or simply pointing fingers at you guys. This is only done for a healthy discussion for the valid points you guys have raised. 

Very valid points raised and I agree 100% on this. Image is def. something that makes or breaks a person. If you are a celebrity of any kind then your image is important to your fans, no matter what number of fans they are. 

Like you said Gaayu, we have control on our image only through our words and our doings but we have no control on how others interpret our words or how others see us as. It is in the hand of the observer to either believe the person who is speaking or to reject it completely and in no way we will change that observer's mind.

However, it is not his/her duty to inform us, the fans, that please accuse/defend me and my words due to some misunderstandings that were created. He/she doesn't ask us to follow/leave him or her. If we are a fan of his work and nothing more then we shouldn't be affected by his personal life to the extent that we openly abuse him and his character just because some article or some pictures were posted.

In case of Karan, as an example since it is the hot topic these days, following things have happened all together and recently stirred something that was not there. Not only that, his words, actions, and everything were used against or for him simply on what people saw or said. His words were twisted in many ways than one can imagine and his actions were misinterpreted as well. 

Following are the examples of his words that were misinterpreted first by a print media (whom I still believe is not even believe able for the way it was written, a word for that is yellow journalism) and then they were misinterpreted by his fans:

- The article took his comment of never breaking friendships even after friends go away was used wrongly and declared him and his words for dating someone. 
- His comment on his fan page, which was negative due to his personal life being displayed to the world w/o his knowledge, was about weather, which equally account for "No comments," was taken wrongly for not clearing things. 

Let's step back a bit and go to his bday videos on IF where he clearly said he is single and no one in his life but people had, like certain gossip media, believed it otherwise due to some person's presence there created whispers and gossips among all. 

Then came the pictures, which not only exploited his private life but they also added fuel to the already burning "fire." It created more doubts about him but yet the man stood by his words saying that he is single and not dating anyone and that certain someone is just his friend. The pictures are still up and he is still saying they are friends why? Because they are friends and he didn't lie because if he had then pictures would be down and he would've refuted the article's quote from him. Even the person concerned, who put the pictures, have now said they are friends. 

So why are still going on and on about this Image deal? Well I don't think his image is anywhere damaged because the guy did everything to save it but it is not in his hand to make us believe it. It is by our choice that we believe him or refuse him but does the guy deserve all the lashings? Are we here to appreciate his talents or are we here to gossip about his life? Does he owe us anything to gossip about his life? Does he not have privacy? Yes I know being a star comes with responsibilities but if that star is behaving just the way he wants and giving explanations that he is single but yet the world believe otherwise then it is not his job to give further explanations. 

I have always believed that when you are right, you don't need to justify your actions and if someone truly loves you or believes you then they will not even ask for justification from you. I mean that is how we have trust in families right? Then why not now?

Why are we hell bent on abusing him with gaalis that the man doesn't even deserve? Why are we blaming him for our own mental state of believing every word he says to the very core? 

He is not a role model like Mendela, Theresa or Diana, who's great works spoke for them. He is an artist, whose work is to act and attract people through his acting and not through his personal life. Who he dates or what he says shouldn't be a concern of ours then. If we love him and believe him then it is simply our choice. If one thing breaks our heart then he didn't ask us to fall in love with him due to his personal life. If he had messed up in his acting then it is valid to hate him but not due to his personal life because we are not going to meet him or ask him to please be our bestest friend in the whole wide world. Yes vent ur frustrations and move on but not to the point where some stupid dream runs ur life that u start believing his every word like he is ur best friend. He doesn't owe u an explanation for his actions. He had already explained himself so it is our turn to either believe him over others. It is by choice we believe or reject him and it is by choice that we abuse him but we shudn't do it to the extent that we are tarnishing our own views in turn. 

We are putting a black spot on our image for a person who is not there to tell us how to run our life in the first place.

If he is not interested in his image then who are we to question him? He knows that he will lose fans if he doesn't clarify so why wudn't he? Coz he already has. 

I am concerned with him and his life  as well as his work and to me I believe him but that is my opinion. Even if he had said he is taken then I wud behave the same and say hey he is acting well so watch him for that. 

True fans stay there with you when you go through rough times, others just abandon u the first moment you hit something (same philosophy applies to real life relationships.)

It is all in the eyes of an observer that the image is seen not the star (not so much at least). 

I am only making points not pointing fingers.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

SHANAKFANsweetsutek.krithikaMFRanjinidestinylove-YasharanArshi-bones88

Go to top