Rang Badalti Odhani

India-Forums

Rang Badalti Odhani
Rang Badalti Odhani

Accountability!! DTNOTE13 SUMMARY PAGE 13 (Page 3)

iluvmanar IF-Dazzler
iluvmanar
iluvmanar

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 11:44am | IP Logged
accountability...i must say perfect word u hv choosen...i think evry1 is accountable 2 certain person in a certain phase of his/her lyf...but what is most important is that when u r ruining sum1 others lyf 2..u must cum frwrd 2 clarify...but here i guess what we see in the name of accountability is wishing 4 bdays & xam and weather analysis...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

dr.dsrvaish_123destinyloveBravehearts

dr.dsr Senior Member
dr.dsr
dr.dsr

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 12:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by aditee

Accountability according to my definition Doc is thinking

your fans are fools

It is taking them for a royal ride

It is smirking and poking fun at them

It is sc----with them

It is lying, cheating and deception

It is fooling yourself into believeing nothing can hurt you

It is living in a delusional world of being a "superstar"

It is stepping for the first time into s---- that will eventually swallow you

It displays lack of character

It displays lack of conviction

It displays poor quality upbringing in humans in general

It displays a mocking joy of  "living for the moment"

It displays losing hindreds and thousands of people that adore you

It displays hunger for things other than "work"
It displays immaturity

It displays an arrogance that says "This is who I am, I know you will continue to suck it all up and eat off my hands".

It displays unbelievably low self esteem and complete total lack of integrity!

It displays a narcissistic trait

It displays a "I am better than everybody" atitude

SRK did not become like this overnite

He worked his butt off

He put in a good 20 years before he started claiming he is the best

He is!ClapClapClap

Copying him on screen and "living his statements" off screen has not made any body a super star leave alone a respectable human being!

Arrogance and hubris has killed many  (television) careers
This will be another one!

I guarantee it!

Barely two pages of responses for a CV request is an indication of how well things are.

Well said, Aditi!! ClapClapClap

SRK and Sallu impersonations cannot a superstar make!!!

A wannabe...definitely, yes!

Honing the craft can come later...lets get started with some basic integrity, first!!!Big smile

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Aussiegalvaish_123iluvmanardestinylove

lghosh IF-Sizzlerz
lghosh
lghosh

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 12:15pm | IP Logged
Doc D fantastic post!
All one needs is simple 2 words, 'no comments', that is it! The media, the fans, the world will get the gist that the actor or the person wants privacy as far as his personal life is concerned. No tresspassing in that arena! They will back off or even if something gets flashed later they will know the actor wanted to keep it private!
But lying openly kind of diminishes the respect which the fans were bestowing. Again a public figure doesn't necessarily need to make his life public, he is entitled to his privacy & we as fans should respect it as well but here we r talking about openly lying, which almost accounts to taking the fans for a ride, that is not acceptable!
Again I feel to each the standards or the morals one adheres to is different from another, so maybe being 'in an open relationship' accounts to being 'single, ready to mingle' officially! I am just voicing my thoughts, not necessarily commenting about any1 in particular with authority, just trying to analyse the situation.
And last but not the least we as responsible fans ought to keep our adulation to a limit as well. We should restrict ourselves to the characters of the show rather than extending it to the actors as well. The moment we merge the characters & the actors the bubble bursts! We should be accountable to ourselves as well as to not put them up on a pedestal & worship like they r some larger than life figures who ought to be looked up as role models.
I agree with Aditee very few can be Amitabh Bachchan or SRK, not only their works speaks for themselves but their self discipline & also respect for their fans says a lot about why they r what they r today! One in showbiz ought to learn this from the legends.
Loved the post, like always.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

dr.dsrnk.mail

dr.dsr Senior Member
dr.dsr
dr.dsr

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 12:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by aditee

Originally posted by dr.dsr

Would like to clarify at the outset that this post is not meant to ignite passions...

The sole purpose of this post is to address a much more serious issue!

Will start with the basics first...
As per definition, ACCOUNTABILTY is the quality or state of being accountable; especially an obligation or willingness to accept responsibility or to account for one's actions.

Each one us exhibits this attribute as part of our daily lives 'cos it is an integral part of our fabric...our value system! We are accountable to our families, friends, colleagues, professions, etc...the common thread in all of this, is that at the end of the day, we are accountable to ourselves by our actions!

Moving on to the core issue...the issue under discussion...celebrities and their sense of accountability!

Undoubtedly, actors are accountable to their fans with respect to their craft...but the million dollar question is whether it is just that or more??!!!

The most popular actor on the face of this earth is zilch without his/her fan-following! It is the unrelenting, never-ending, heart-felt love and adulation that mere mortals (read fans/well-wishers) have for an actor that enable him/her to find his/her spot under the sun!
In simple words, an actor's career depends hugely on the support of fans...in this fiercely competitive world, actors are selected based on their market value which depends heavily on their fan-following!

Hence, being a die-hard, passionate fan myself, would like to raise a very pertinent question...

Does the sense of accountability of an actor not include the basic requirement of having respect for fans and their intelligence, no matter what their age or type on actors' fanpages, forums, etc...or even those countless, nameless, faceless fans who simply switch on their TV sets diligently day after day, unconditionally, just to view their fav actor/actress ??!! (am citing the television industry here for easy recall! Tongue)

Agreed, that actors too, like everybody else have a right to privacy! But if that private space seems intruded, what would be the more accountable thing to do??
Ensure that the private space remains private or completely disregard and disrespect the very identity called 'FANS', by making a complete mockery of their intellect??!!
Is it asking for too much, for an actor to simply be firm in interviews by saying that they do not want to discuss their personal life??!! Confused
Simply put, one's life need not be an open book, but is it ethically right that the book is actually a "Mills & Boons", but is presented by the author as the next best thing to happen to the literary world after "Pride and Prejudice"??!!! ROFL

Does it not amount to taking the fans' sentiments for a complete ride??!!

Does it not amount to underestimating the fans' mind-boggling mind power??!!

Does it not amount to in a sense, ridiculing the fans' unstinting support...their neverending love...and most importantly, their sense of unshakeable belief??!!!

Are fans so gullible so as to not be able to spot the huge discrepancies between what is said and what actually happens...is it right, and more importantly ethical,  for fans to be taken for granted??!! Ouch
Isn't it time that actors recognised that fans are intelligent beings, and are fully capable of appreciating an actor irrespective of his/her personal status...
Is there really any need to misrepresent facts and mislead in the process??!!

In conclusion, will sum up my post by bringing to the fore a very simple fact...

We are all mere mortals...if some mere mortals cease to be mere, and become celebrities instead, the fans' unconditional love, support, adulation, and most importantly belief has a HUGE role to play in the same...

It is high time that actors not just recognise it, acknowledge it...but respect it too!!Smile

Cheers!!

Dyotona

Thank you for demanding accountability

And not sweeping it under the carpet

Adulation is not unconditional

Nobody is that exceptional

they can fool themselves all they want

What a shame!

what a let down!

Hoping and parying for a swift crash landing!

Aditi,

@bold: Of course, its not!!

In fact, its bloody hard earned!!
And, definitely is two-way traffic!!!

We, as fans, give our 'blood, sweat, tears' in equal measure...

We hope, we pray...we CONNECT!

Almost as if a commitment of sorts!!!

And the sheer mockery in return...as if smirking at our passion...our integrity!

@blue: What a fall from grace!Angry
What a complete disgrace!! Dead

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

vaish_123

nk.mail Goldie
nk.mail
nk.mail

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 12:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lghosh

Doc D fantastic post!
All one needs is simple 2 words, 'no comments', that is it! The media, the fans, the world will get the gist that the actor or the person wants privacy as far as his personal life is concerned. No tresspassing in that arena! They will back off or even if something gets flashed later they will know the actor wanted to keep it private!
But lying openly kind of diminishes the respect which the fans were bestowing. Again a public figure doesn't necessarily need to make his life public, he is entitled to his privacy & we as fans should respect it as well but here we r talking about openly lying, which almost accounts to taking the fans for a ride, that is not acceptable!
Again I feel to each the standards or the morals one adheres to is different from another, so maybe being 'in an open relationship' accounts to being 'single, ready to mingle' officially! I am just voicing my thoughts, not necessarily commenting about any1 in particular with authority, just trying to analyse the situation.
And last but not the least we as responsible fans ought to keep our adulation to a limit as well. We should restrict ourselves to the characters of the show rather than extending it to the actors as well. The moment we merge the characters & the actors the bubble bursts! We should be accountable to ourselves as well as to not put them up on a pedestal & worship like they r some larger than life figures who ought to be looked up as role models.
I agree with Aditee very few can be Amitabh Bachchan or SRK, not only their works speaks for themselves but their self discipline & also respect for their fans says a lot about why they r what they r today! One in showbiz ought to learn this from the legends.

Lovely!!!! 

Lana! Exactly wht i wanted to say but was not able to put it properly Embarrassed

Very bad at expressin my thoughts Embarrassed

lghosh

-Veena- IF-Stunnerz
-Veena-
-Veena-

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 12:28pm | IP Logged
In the hopes of not getting pounced on .. I am going to ask a very plain and simple question!

What did I miss!??? I am like thoroughly confused. No jokes but I really am. I am failing to understand where all this 'personal accountability from an actor' is coming from!?

We are asking for accountability from an actor???
Accountability for what!?
His personal life..??
Which girl he is dating??
Why??
How is it going to make a difference how we feel about his acting with which girl he is going around...??

I am sincerely asking you guys this... Are you guys mad about him not coming out in the open and talking about his love life!?? How much difference is that going to make to you when tomorrow he declares he is dating a specific person!??

I mean I really don't get it??

Taking over the Mod mode:
In the risk of not wanting to make this topic a big deal as we are not allowed to talk about ANY actors personal life.. I know it is better to get it out with rather than keep it brewing ...Hence I haven't closed this topic! Please be sensitive in commenting. Thanks.

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

SHANAKFANdr.dsrdishbhanTorajyothi1989WooHooHaha21jparker-YasharanArshi-tofeeeesThe_May_Rose

vaish_123 Goldie
vaish_123
vaish_123

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 12:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lghosh

Doc D fantastic post!

Lana,

@bold - so true.

As long as we give them that larger than life status, we get fooled by the actors .

Loved your analysis.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

dr.dsrlghosh

dr.dsr Senior Member
dr.dsr
dr.dsr

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 12:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by rbofan1

Just want to add my two cents.

I agree actors do have a personal life. But at some point the personal and professional life merges and the actor needs to be accountable .Strictly my POV.

Regarding damage  to any actor's image , God has given a beautiful trait for humans - forgetting .

People forget things and life moves on.

To be accountable or unaccountable is actor's choice.

The choice, the actor makes shows how true he is to himself and to his fans.

@Doc D 

Thanks for the nice post.Clap

The term and meaning for Accountability is slowly diminishing in today's world I believe.

@ Aditee..

Well said. Clap

Vaish,

@bold: Beautifully said, Girl! Clap

At the end of the day, its all about choices!!

And its those choices that the character of an individual make!!

Fame, Success, Adulation (read: fan following)...is it the complete be all and end all??!!!

Is the lure so overpowering that basic values go for a complete toss??!!

What goes up has to come down some day!

Everything is transient...only the 'basics' stay in place!!

vaish_123

Go to top