Rang Badalti Odhani

India-Forums

Rang Badalti Odhani
Rang Badalti Odhani

Accountability!! DTNOTE13 SUMMARY PAGE 13 (Page 14)

saaaz IF-Dazzler
saaaz
saaaz

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 12:48pm | IP Logged

When I responded to this topic, it was purely to put in my two bit on the discussion at hand..the issue of accountability and its connotations...which in my opinion is in addition to his craft, an actor in today;s world cannot escape his responsibility towards his (the) image created by him or fostered by him...

It is pure and simple...
like someone mentioned...I think Vaishu...(I am sorry re...tried to read everyone's interpretations)... some actors work towards establishing an image and often hide from the media and some actors (salman khan was it?? as an example) don;t care what the media says and do what they please...AND this is what I have to add to that...

Not caring what the media writes about you...or portraying a non care attitude is ALL ABOUT CREATING THAT VERY image of yourself...in this time and age of where media is all over the place, you have both the pain and luxury to establish your self brand the way you want...actors such as Salman Khan have done exactly that...they have created an image of non care...and fans have lapped it up...it has worked for him shall we say...becos in so many ways he has actually stayed true to it...everytime he puts down a reporter or a cameraman fans love it...

and thats exactly what it comes down to...how many actors get that??!! about brand management and image establishment...very very very few...when an actor is random and behaves arbitrarily with his image..everyday a new story, everytime a non chalant explanation, and whats more it almost seems like you are loving the craziness that ensues from it all..and that too from your very own fans...Fans do not want to date you...Fans do not want to sleep with you..if thats what you think it is then there is no difference between you and  the creep that eve teases them on the way to college..

I really do not want to get into specifics of what the lead actor of this show said or did...honestly, I don;t really care for it, and frankly there is no end to that kind of conjecture...

however, there is very little doubt in my head that actors especially TV actors that play certain characters for a long time on television have a responsibility towards the brand they portray...your behaviour both professionally and personally (unfortunately) impacts it...becos you set it up that way...your life is out there on public online spaces ..you appear there and post messages...those messages are interpreted, for gods sake analysed and revisited by scores of fans...be responsible towards that...and yes, you shall be accounted for it...

Edited by saaaz - 18 May 2011 at 12:53pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

dr.dsrvaish_123roadsidejunkeylghosh

saaaz IF-Dazzler
saaaz
saaaz

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 12:50pm | IP Logged

oye...docd..just saw your summary...

well I seem to be late in posting my response...kya karen? should I edit out...
dr.dsr Senior Member
dr.dsr
dr.dsr

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 12:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by saaaz

oye...docd..just saw your summary...

well I seem to be late in posting my response...kya karen? should I edit out...

No way, Sazzy! Please dont edit anything!

Your response is brilliant!!

Image Building and Brand Mx: definitely an integral part of accountability!
Tora Goldie
Tora
Tora

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 12:56pm | IP Logged
Hey guys just one q's what crime he did he lied thats it may be he is not committed to that relationship
so may be he didn't bother to announce in public why are we after him bashing him , praying for his ill health why ? he didn't mess our lives, he didn't harm us then why so much of bashing
as vaishu said media is not leaving even their own kids but we believe or not it's upto you
they are accountable to only their families that's it he always gave us a good portrayal of Shaan he never failed then just stick to that just my pov nothing against anyone
thanks

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sweetsute

saaaz IF-Dazzler
saaaz
saaaz

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 1:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Tora

Hey guys just one q's what crime he did he lied thats it may be he is not committed to that relationship
so may be he didn't bother to announce in public why are we after him bashing him , praying for his ill health why ? he didn't mess our lives, he didn't harm us then why so much of bashing
as vaishu said media is not leaving even their own kids but we believe or not it's upto you
they are accountable to only their families that's it he always gave us a good portrayal of Shaan he never failed then just stick to that just my pov nothing against anyone
thanks
hey Tora...

I honestly don;t think this post has anything to do with the lead actor's any one particular action ... at least how I understand it is it is a series of events that have happened for past so many months by actors, media, fans, actors friends, co stars etc...which has culminated into this discussion...which in my opinion has been extremely enriching and shall I add eyeopening...

A few of us have got into personal aspects of the lead actor, however I think we have been warned not to...like you have said, your OP is that they are accountable only to families and not anyone else...while some others think it is not that black and white...

hence the discussion...

Edited by saaaz - 18 May 2011 at 1:08pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

dr.dsrvaish_123Tora

dr.dsr Senior Member
dr.dsr
dr.dsr

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 1:05pm | IP Logged

A sincere request to all...

Since the multiple discussions on this thread have already been summarized, request you all to post something new, only if it is a definite value-add...

There is no point in repeating the same stuff differently!

Thanks in advance for your co-operation!!

Edited by dr.dsr - 18 May 2011 at 1:11pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

vaish_123saaaz

saaaz IF-Dazzler
saaaz
saaaz

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 1:15pm | IP Logged
I agree DocD...
Guys, the summary is on Page 13..
DocD..you may want to add that on the title and front page post...the Page number of the well done summaryBig smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

dr.dsr

vaish_123 Goldie
vaish_123
vaish_123

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 1:16pm | IP Logged
DocD!

There is a saying in sanskrit

"Satyam bhruyat priyam bhruyat
Na bhruyaat satyamapriyam

Priyamcha naanrutham bhruyaat 
esha dharma sanatanaha"

Means  Talk truth and be straight forward as long as you don't hurt others and changes their life.

But don't say truth  bluntly which effects others.

Talk a lie  if it doesn't effect others.
This is dharma.

As long as anybody's lies do not effect drastically , means changes your life you can say lies. 

Hug

So we will leave it to their wisdom what to talk and what not to talk.

Just want to say this.

Your posts are brain storming .Really. My hubby and kids are badly effected since yesterdayLOL

Edited by rbofan1 - 18 May 2011 at 1:22pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

saaazkubareSPN_JD_Addicted

Go to top