Rang Badalti Odhani

India-Forums

Rang Badalti Odhani
Rang Badalti Odhani

Accountability!! DTNOTE13 SUMMARY PAGE 13 (Page 13)

-Veena- IF-Stunnerz
-Veena-
-Veena-

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 8:08am | IP Logged

Last DT Note:

This one last time... I am going to repeat myself!  

Lets not forget the point of discussion of this topic.. Most are doing it right.. but I have specifically asked.
--DO NOT mention actors names.
--DO NOT mention their personal situations.
--Keep the discussion on the point of topic without getting references of actors or actresses and strong words toward them. That is not the intent of this topic. 

If I get one more report on this thread or I feel there is unneeded discussion repeating the same comments over and over again, sarcasm, unrest between members. I will be closing this topic down.

Then you can't blame me for not giving you guys a fair chance because 12 pages with three DT notes is a fair chance!

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

SHANAKFANsweetsutedishbhan-mesmerised-Torasaaaz-YasharanArshi-destinylove-Manita-aditeerooj-iThe_May_Rose

dishbhan Goldie
dishbhan
dishbhan

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 8:12am | IP Logged
You know what ... Today this forum has opened my eyes to something ... And I will have to think about it very much in detail now ... and its after effects!

If I am seen with some of my friends in the snap collections that I have ... I guess all will feel that I have an affair with my then best friend, because we have these faltu pics that we are standing close, clinging, holding hands, fighting, pulling each others leg ... giving rose to each other ... and
what not ... but there was never an affair ... really!!!!!!

Friend's wife/sister was taking the snaps because it was TP!!!!!

My current bestest, closest friend is also a guy and we have great long calls, so many lunches together without anyone else, and we talk all the nonsense in the world ... tho kya hum lunch date par hain ... I hit him, he does all bakwas with me ... and I am sure his wife also knows that he is with me ... tho kya affair ho gaya????? come on ... I like his wife, she is a very good soul and she knows me very well ...

Yaar ye kya hain... this is on those pics that we are judging ... hey bhagwan!!!!!

I was thinking there is confirmed news of an affair ...

aaye haaye, tum logon ne mujhe itna dara diya hain, I will never go anywhere alone with him now, uska pata nahi, mera figure bhi tarnish ho raha hain, hain na???

~Cheers,
Dish

Edited by dishbhan - 18 May 2011 at 8:25am

SHANAKFANAnu80vaish_123Torasweetsute-Manita-destinylove-YasharanArshi-SPN_JD_AddictedThe_May_Rosekubare-Veena-

The_May_Rose IF-Sizzlerz
The_May_Rose
The_May_Rose

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 8:12am | IP Logged
Okay, I admit I have not read every post on this thread...And with all due respect to everyone, I don't want too...

Call me stupid but I still fail to understand what the big deal is...Lots of assumptions are made and it's as if some awful crime was commented...I can't understand why we are still discussing this...

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

SHANAKFANvaish_123sweetsuteShanak_Fan-Manita-destinylove-YasharanArshi-SPN_JD_Addictedkubare-Veena-

-Veena- IF-Stunnerz
-Veena-
-Veena-

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 8:20am | IP Logged

May' Dish..

We have agreed from the very beginning about this.

I think it started with some assumptions and more so expectations.. and now I am guessing that it has turned to a blanket discussion over all.

At the end of day .. I still stand by what I had said before..

No actor is accountable of this personal life to his fans.. Period. This is IMO.. please don't jump on this statement of mine.

I know you all think differently! But I think I am much a happier place when I enjoy what an artist gets on screen to entertain me vs what he does behind closed doors.

Edited by -Veena- - 18 May 2011 at 8:25am

SHANAKFANvaish_123Shanak_Fank.krithikaTora-YasharanArshi-destinylove-Manita-SPN_JD_AddictedThe_May_Rosekubarerooj-i

-mesmerised- Goldie
-mesmerised-
-mesmerised-

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 8:28am | IP Logged
Thanks for appreciating Rooj, Vaish and Smitha.

And rooj, i wouldn't say i'm neutral because i love the actors as much as the rest of you, but i do feel what's lacking here is objectivity hence the post.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Shanak_Fank.krithikavaish_123-YasharanArshi--Manita-SPN_JD_Addictedrooj-i

-Tulips- IF-Sizzlerz
-Tulips-
-Tulips-

Captain Kalaunji

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 8:44am | IP Logged
I agree wid may and veena.what's so big deal abt it?why r we giving so much importance 2 it?how is it going 2 affect us?we still love our shaan and bas,dat's it.woh apne personal life mein kuch bhi kare,humein isse kya?  

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

SHANAKFANToraShanak_Fandestinylove-Manita-kubare-Veena-

SachDJ Goldie
SachDJ
SachDJ

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 9:46am | IP Logged
I have been a silent reader of the forum forever now, I just joined recently. And I joined cause this is one of the best forums I have come across, you gals rock it. I don't think there is another forum, where this kind of topic can be discussed openly with everyone contributing their thoughts and opinions. Hats off to the mods for making possible.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

dr.dsrShanak_Fan-Ray-tvrasikadestinylove-Manita-

dr.dsr Senior Member
dr.dsr
dr.dsr

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 12:31pm | IP Logged
Ok!! Seems like this thread has been extremely 'grey-cell' stimulating! Has even gotten some silent members to speak their mind...
Makes me feel really good about my 'extra curricular' activities!! LOL

So, Summary Times now...

1. The Actor-Fan Dynamics: Each incomplete without the other, and hence necessary for the other! An actor is not in the chosen profession for the sheer love of the craft alone...adulation is a heady concoction! Likewise, adulation of a fan for an actor is not based on craft or on-screen persona alone...it is an amalgamation of multiple factors, of which, IMO, integrity of character, loosely translated as accountability is of paramount importance!!!!
Just as fans are accountable to their actors by placing their belief in them, actors are equally accountable to fans by believing in their fans' intellect!! As Yumna very aptly said "A two way street!"
No actor is bound by law LOL  to disclose any details of his/her personal life to anybody outside his/her personal space, fans included!!!
But every actor, just like every one of us here is accountable for what he/she knowingly says/does!! Nobody, and I reiterate nobody is above that!!!
Will try and draw a simple analogy from my profession...even if my work deserves it, my boss during my appraisal is not bound to give me an EE (Exceeding Expectations)...he/she can very well grade me with an AE (According to Expectations)! But if I am lead on to believe that I am worthy of an EE, my increment letter had better reflect it!! Pray why???
'Cos he/she is b------ ACCOUNTABLE to me!!!
It works the same way in any eqauation, actor-fan-actor included!!!

2. The Role of the Media: Vaish articulated it nicely...a 'double edged sword' really!
Again the media-actor relationship...a symbiotic one! Both thrive on each other, for their own gains and losses LOL (sometimes)!
Agreed, that the print media can always be taken with a pinch of salt...the benefit of the doubt of the 'unknown factor' always persists...
But what about the electronic media, wherein there is no scope for ambiguity whatsoever??!!
My only gripe...leave alone an insuination as serious as dishonesty...even if an individual is in a state of nothingness regarding his/her personal equations (eg relationship status), is it asking for too much really for the person concerned to maintain a "No Comments" stance!!!
Is it so absolutely necessary to play to the galleries for the sake of the gratification of a "I, Me, Myself" jingoism???!!!
Again, boils down, IMO, to the simple core issue of ACCOUNTABILTY!!!

3. The Connectivity Factor: A large number of posts in this thread seem to be debating on the connectivity that we as fans have with celebrities, in this case, actors!
It is definitely oh-so -easy to state that our 'relationship' and thereby connectivity with an actor begins and ends with our TV Sets!!
My simple question...why do their completely off-screen personas featuring interviews with their dogs and cats run into countless pages??!!!
Why do we pine for the actor (and not the character he/she is portraying) to come up with a single sound byte on his/her fanpage??!!
Why should it matter to us that our favorite actor should wish us for our exams...why should we celebrate his/her birthday with as much (or probably even more gusto) as the actor himself/herself??!!
The journey, IMO, definitely starts from our TV Sets but encompasses much more...
The 'connectivity' is just not to the character, it is definitely also to the actor...hence the birthday celebrations of the actor and not the character!!!
And, hence the ACCOUNTABILTY!!!

4. Ideology in the not-so-ideal world: Aditi summed this up beautifully..."Good character is the foundation of a good human being"
And honesty and integrity of character are definitely signs of not just good, but great character!!
Nobody on the face of this earth is bound to tell the truth, but there is absolutely no need to knowingly misrepresent facts either!
Morals and values need not only grace our Moral Science classes; a simple "My personal space is mine...would really appreciate if you could respect it...In case there is anything that I would want to make public, I shall definitely make it known when the time is appropriate" seems so much better!!
No more questions asked...no more 'answers' necessary!!
ACCOUNTABILTY, lead by example!!!
A potential role model created!!!!

5. Brand Building and Image Management: All credits, courtesy Saazy!
When an actor is random and behaves arbitrarily with his/her image..everyday a new story, everytime a non chalant explanation, and whats more it almost seems like you are loving the craziness that ensues from it all..and that too from your very own fans...Fans do not want to date you...Fans do not want to sleep with you..if thats what you think it is then there is no difference between you and  the creep that eve teases them on the way to college!!
Not caring what the media writes about you...or portraying a non care attitude is ALL ABOUT CREATING THAT VERY image of yourself... 
Actors especially TV actors that play certain characters for a long time on television have a responsibility towards the brand they portray...your behaviour both professionally and personally (unfortunately) impacts it...becos you set it up that way...your life is out there on public online spaces ..you appear there and post messages...those messages are interpreted, for gods sake analysed and revisited by scores of fans...be responsible towards that...and yes, you shall be ACCOUNTED for it...

In conclusion, would like to say, have had an overwhelming experience, really to such an overwhelming response...
Lots of ideas exchanged, insights created!!
Accountabilty and its myriad connotations indeed!!

PS: Since the multiple topics of discussion on this thread have now been summarized, request you all to post something new, only if it is a definite value-add...

Edited by dr.dsr - 18 May 2011 at 10:09pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

roadsidejunkeypoo_j-Tulips-lghosh

Go to top