Rang Badalti Odhani

India-Forums

Rang Badalti Odhani
Rang Badalti Odhani

Accountability!! DTNOTE13 SUMMARY PAGE 13 (Page 11)

-Manita- IF-Rockerz
-Manita-
-Manita-

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 1:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SPN_JD_Addicted

Amidst all this,I never was angry with Karan.I was angry with myself cos I wanted something to happen and that something might not be a possibility any more and its my fault I hoped for that.What's there in the image?I used to follow two American sitcoms,the leading ladies are charming,beautiful,sensitive,sensible and every other positive quality that makes you fall in love with them.Off screen,both had problems with drugs,booze,affairs etc.That didn't stop me from watching their serials nor did diminish their fan following.We at the heat of the moment say something and time heals and we forget.Wasn't that what we did in Feb?Surprisingly I was more angry then and at that time was I loved only the characters and karan being away would ruin the much-awaited Dhulwadi track!

The thing that helped me,I realised Karan is no Shantanu since the very beginning and I hold myself accountable for mixing on screen characters and off screen actors.

Exactly my views about Image...the bubble bursts only ONCE...there are numerous amazing actors, cricketers, celebrities with pathetic personal choices, decisions, actions and poor PR skills...
It feels bad when the Image gets destroyed by carelessness on their part !!

But, dear friends, we should understand that they possess all human vices and virtues...the only difference is that they are under constant scrutiny ...

At the end of the day - if you stop expecting and start accepting the truth and then take a decision whether you want to continue or not...things will become much easier !!
it holds true for everything in life !!!

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

roadsidejunkeySairaaaavaish_123dishbhanTora-YasharanArshi-kubareSPN_JD_Addicted

SPN_JD_Addicted IF-Sizzlerz
SPN_JD_Addicted
SPN_JD_Addicted

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 3:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by dr.dsr

Originally posted by SPN_JD_Addicted

Not going to mention whys and whats and by whom(i loved this actually)

If Karan stressed on being single and had these kind of pics taken with YM,leading us to believe that these two are more than friends,would we be this angry?And demand an explanation?Just curious!

Seems like my last will not be my last!! LOL

Ok! Smi, this one's specially for you...

We are again mixing issues and losing sight of the main issue!

The issue here is not about 'dreams' being shattered...those dreams were anyway a figment of imagination...something that viewers believed/imagined/hoped from the characters on screen; not reality that they were in all soundness of mind LOL led to believe by the person behind the character...

Isnt there a HUGE difference between the two??!!!

The former...an actor is not in any way accountable to his/her fans for...
The latter...ENTIRELY, so!!

Now, coming to the question per say...does the yardstick change if dreams turn into reality?/

The question, brilliant...the answer, tricky!

Lets just say...the person stills qualifies to be an oppurtunist...for having twisted his/her versions to suit his/her convenience...
The image of the person still takes a beating...every statement of the person concerned will therefore, always be taken with a pinch of salt...
The only thing that might possibly be different is the intensity of the sense of betrayal with respect to values, will be that much lesser...

On a lighter note, the person still remains a liar, but a liar with a purpose!! LOL

Pink-I said to Krish abt that yesterday.Now comes the dilemma of what's truth,what's not,should we believe,shouldn't we etc.

At least give the guy a chance to explain and clear all this!

Edited by SPN_JD_Addicted - 18 May 2011 at 5:47am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Tora

tvrasika IF-Rockerz
tvrasika
tvrasika

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 4:55am | IP Logged
Veena, forgot to thank you, for keeping this thread open! Shows why so many of us regard you as a great mod!

One request to all my friends here- please kindly do not let your emotions, for or against the topic, come in the way of talking about it. It should be possible to agree or disagree without getting angry.

My personal view is that this discussion is good, bcos it brings out various views on what should be an actor's/celebrity's responsibility to fans, and vice versa... That is good na... hope to have more discussions on this. Thanks.

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

k.krithikaroadsidejunkeynk.mailSairaaaavaish_123dishbhanToraSachDJ-YasharanArshi-destinylove-Manita-rooj-i-Veena-

vaish_123 Goldie
vaish_123
vaish_123

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 6:39am | IP Logged
After reading all the thought provoking opinions , just want to add my two cents here.

'Image is a double edged sword'  quoted by a south indian famous actor whose niece happened to be my roommate when I was doing my Masters in India.

This is long back when no facebook, no twitter or any other social networking site existed.

I met him few times and got to know how difficult is to maintain an image.

That time every other telugu news paper wrote about his affairs and in real life those were very much untrue.

Today celebrities are literally living with cameras in their bedrooms. Media is not leaving their kids also.

I am just talking with actor's perspective in mind.

Some protect their image throughout and in that process they sacrifice so many things.

Some don't care about their image and want to live life as they want. We have examples like SalmanKhan.
But that doesn't reduce his fan following or star image.

I watch his movie if it is good and don't care about his personnel image.

My relation with him is those three hours of the movie. After that I have my life to think about.

Strictly my POV. I am not contradicting anybody's opinion here.

To balance an image and personal life is hard.

It takes time and experience to do that.

Same thing happened here. He couldn't balance it.

I don't want to judge him by seeing for 30 minutes everyday. I don't like to judge people unless I have an interaction with them.

And about their  career and image , they know very well than us since they are in that field.

Nobody is greater than life. We are giving larger than life images to them and when that bubble bursts we are feeling bad.

After all they are human beings and  they tend to do mistakes.

The choices they make show  how true they are to themselves and to their fans.

Making a good choice comes with experience, I believe

And media what to say they can make Superstar Rajinikanth very sick in oneday, make Aishwarya Rai pregnant in one day, make a happily married couple to divorced couple  in one day.(  Veena, sorry for mentioning names)

Pregnancy is a personal issue for any woman ,including actresses. The so called media makes it public. 

Superstar is suffering from bronchitis and media made such a big issue , his wife  had to give  a statement in all the news papers  saying he is fine. What a pity!.

Yesterday one regional paper wrote that one of telugu star is divorced and his wife had to come in front of media to tell that she is away to visit her parents.

I am not again blaming the entire media. Today 'yellow journalism ' is an integral part of media .

So , at the end of the day it is me to decide whether to believe that news or not.

Edited by rbofan1 - 18 May 2011 at 12:26pm

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

k.krithikasweetsutenk.maildishbhanToraSachDJ-YasharanArshi-SPN_JD_Addictedrooj-ilghosh-Veena-

SPN_JD_Addicted
SPN_JD_Addicted

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 7:02am | IP Logged
The last line from Doc's post

On a lighter note, the person still remains a liar, but a liar with a purpose!! LOL

I am almost sure Doc,that if all that happened in the last few days were to our advantage,we wouldn't be having this discussion at all.We would have said he might have his reasons,they might need some more time to come out and announce in public etc and as for the 'lying' and 'accountability' part we wouldn't be thinking of it,that would be for others whose dream must have shattered.

Edited by SPN_JD_Addicted - 18 May 2011 at 7:03am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sweetsutevaish_123-YasharanArshi-

SPN_JD_Addicted
SPN_JD_Addicted

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 7:15am | IP Logged
Vaish-loved what you said.Thanks for everything really!!!Hug

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sweetsutevaish_123

rooj-i IF-Sizzlerz
rooj-i
rooj-i

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 7:19am | IP Logged
@Vaishu,

I love what you have written!

You are bang on right about it!

I read a book on all this...stardom and interaction with fans!

It is a good read, very debatable and hard to change views because this is a debatable topic. 

but i love your take!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

k.krithikasweetsutevaish_123-YasharanArshi-

SPN_JD_Addicted
SPN_JD_Addicted

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 7:31am | IP Logged
Journalism part Vaish-Bingo!

Unless it comes out of the horse's mouth,better not to believe I guess!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Torak.krithikavaish_123-YasharanArshi-rooj-i

Go to top