Rang Badalti Odhani

Accountability!! DTNOTE13 SUMMARY PAGE 13 - Page 9

-Manita- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
This content was originally posted by: SPN_JD_Addicted

Amidst all this,I never was angry with Karan.I was angry with myself cos I wanted something to happen and that something might not be a possibility any more and its my fault I hoped for that.What's there in the image?I used to follow two American sitcoms,the leading ladies are charming,beautiful,sensitive,sensible and every other positive quality that makes you fall in love with them.Off screen,both had problems with drugs,booze,affairs etc.That didn't stop me from watching their serials nor did diminish their fan following.We at the heat of the moment say something and time heals and we forget.Wasn't that what we did in Feb?Surprisingly I was more angry then and at that time was I loved only the characters and karan being away would ruin the much-awaited Dhulwadi track!

The thing that helped me,I realised Karan is no Shantanu since the very beginning and I hold myself accountable for mixing on screen characters and off screen actors.

Exactly my views about Image...the bubble bursts only ONCE...there are numerous amazing actors, cricketers, celebrities with pathetic personal choices, decisions, actions and poor PR skills...
It feels bad when the Image gets destroyed by carelessness on their part !!

But, dear friends, we should understand that they possess all human vices and virtues...the only difference is that they are under constant scrutiny ...

At the end of the day - if you stop expecting and start accepting the truth and then take a decision whether you want to continue or not...things will become much easier !!
it holds true for everything in life !!!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SPN_JD_Addicted thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: dr.dsr

Seems like my last will not be my last!! 😆

Ok! Smi, this one's specially for you...

We are again mixing issues and losing sight of the main issue!

The issue here is not about 'dreams' being shattered...those dreams were anyway a figment of imagination...something that viewers believed/imagined/hoped from the characters on screen; not reality that they were in all soundness of mind 😆 led to believe by the person behind the character...

Isnt there a HUGE difference between the two??!!!

The former...an actor is not in any way accountable to his/her fans for...
The latter...ENTIRELY, so!!

Now, coming to the question per say...does the yardstick change if dreams turn into reality?/

The question, brilliant...the answer, tricky!

Lets just say...the person stills qualifies to be an oppurtunist...for having twisted his/her versions to suit his/her convenience...
The image of the person still takes a beating...every statement of the person concerned will therefore, always be taken with a pinch of salt...
The only thing that might possibly be different is the intensity of the sense of betrayal with respect to values, will be that much lesser...

On a lighter note, the person still remains a liar, but a liar with a purpose!! 😆

Pink-I said to Krish abt that yesterday.Now comes the dilemma of what's truth,what's not,should we believe,shouldn't we etc.

At least give the guy a chance to explain and clear all this!
Edited by SPN_JD_Addicted - 12 years ago
tvrasika thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Veena, forgot to thank you, for keeping this thread open! Shows why so many of us regard you as a great mod!

One request to all my friends here- please kindly do not let your emotions, for or against the topic, come in the way of talking about it. It should be possible to agree or disagree without getting angry.

My personal view is that this discussion is good, bcos it brings out various views on what should be an actor's/celebrity's responsibility to fans, and vice versa... That is good na... hope to have more discussions on this. Thanks.

vaish_123 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
After reading all the thought provoking opinions , just want to add my two cents here.

'Image is a double edged sword'  quoted by a south indian famous actor whose niece happened to be my roommate when I was doing my Masters in India.

This is long back when no facebook, no twitter or any other social networking site existed.

I met him few times and got to know how difficult is to maintain an image.

That time every other telugu news paper wrote about his affairs and in real life those were very much untrue.

Today celebrities are literally living with cameras in their bedrooms. Media is not leaving their kids also.

I am just talking with actor's perspective in mind.

Some protect their image throughout and in that process they sacrifice so many things.

Some don't care about their image and want to live life as they want. We have examples like SalmanKhan.
But that doesn't reduce his fan following or star image.

I watch his movie if it is good and don't care about his personnel image.

My relation with him is those three hours of the movie. After that I have my life to think about.

Strictly my POV. I am not contradicting anybody's opinion here.

To balance an image and personal life is hard.

It takes time and experience to do that.

Same thing happened here. He couldn't balance it.

I don't want to judge him by seeing for 30 minutes everyday. I don't like to judge people unless I have an interaction with them.

And about their  career and image , they know very well than us since they are in that field.

Nobody is greater than life. We are giving larger than life images to them and when that bubble bursts we are feeling bad.

After all they are human beings and  they tend to do mistakes.

The choices they make show  how true they are to themselves and to their fans.

Making a good choice comes with experience, I believe

And media what to say they can make Superstar Rajinikanth very sick in oneday, make Aishwarya Rai pregnant in one day, make a happily married couple to divorced couple  in one day.(  Veena, sorry for mentioning names)

Pregnancy is a personal issue for any woman ,including actresses. The so called media makes it public. 

Superstar is suffering from bronchitis and media made such a big issue , his wife  had to give  a statement in all the news papers  saying he is fine. What a pity!.

Yesterday one regional paper wrote that one of telugu star is divorced and his wife had to come in front of media to tell that she is away to visit her parents.

I am not again blaming the entire media. Today 'yellow journalism ' is an integral part of media .

So , at the end of the day it is me to decide whether to believe that news or not.

Edited by rbofan1 - 12 years ago
The last line from Doc's post

On a lighter note, the person still remains a liar, but a liar with a purpose!! 😆

I am almost sure Doc,that if all that happened in the last few days were to our advantage,we wouldn't be having this discussion at all.We would have said he might have his reasons,they might need some more time to come out and announce in public etc and as for the 'lying' and 'accountability' part we wouldn't be thinking of it,that would be for others whose dream must have shattered.
Edited by SPN_JD_Addicted - 12 years ago
Vaish-loved what you said.Thanks for everything really!!!🤗
rooj-i thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
@Vaishu,

I love what you have written!

You are bang on right about it!

I read a book on all this...stardom and interaction with fans!

It is a good read, very debatable and hard to change views because this is a debatable topic. 

but i love your take!
Journalism part Vaish-Bingo!

Unless it comes out of the horse's mouth,better not to believe I guess!
-mesmerised- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

OMG! OK I really don't want to sound like I'm preaching, and if any of you feel like I'm out of line just say so, but why are some members personally attacking others again?! Be it straight-up or in the guise of sarcasm. Agreed this is a public forum and there is such a thing as freedom of speech, but should that really transcend the boundaries of the friendships that we have built here?! And that too based on mere speculation?!

I personally don't feel there is anything wrong with opening a topic of this nature (hats off to you Dyo for doing so) as it encourages healthy debate... I'm sure looking at some of the replies here you will all agree! And I must say that some of you have put forward some very strong points, both for and against the topic in question.

I don't have a way with words like many of you here, but would just like to say this:

A relationship between an actor and their fan is like any other; sensitive, dynamic and subject to human emotion - which varies greatly from person to person – and something that is subjective can't be wrong. Everybody will react to a piece of news differently; it's what makes us individuals! Please be a little more tolerant of others views.

Secondly, we don't actually know what the real story is here. This isn't the first time that the media have played with fans emotions, and it certainly won't be the last! And in actual fact, they have permission to publish whatever they want in the name of 'gossip' as long as the article contains a few key words. Granted we all come to conclusions based on what is laid before us, but that doesn't mean that our conclusion is the reality! It's better to just stick to the facts.

Lastly, a person can only fall from grace if you put them on a pedestal. Are actors really worthy of such a place? My personal opinion is no they are not. I would much rather judge a person on their merits, what they have achieved in life, their morals and their integrity! None of us know the actors on a personal level, and thus are in no position to question whether they are lying or not.

An actor can only be accountable for what they say and do (no doubt about that), but don't you think in this profession there are many factors that are outside of their control? It comes down to one basic thing when such a topic arises; objectivity. I urge you all to take a step back and think about this objectively, you might realise that amidst all the craziness in thread, there are a few simple facts that we are forgetting...

I sincerely hope nobody is offended by what I have written here, but it's only because of my love for this place and the members here that I felt the need to say this. Apologies if anybody feels I was out of line.

rooj-i thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
@ Mommy,

You are bang on right about media...It doesn't matter who it is but when media gets involved in personal life of a human being, everything goes out of control. 

I am loving your posts...

r u in media too? 

@ayesha:

you are again right! valid reasons of a neutral person.