Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Manita- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago

Went through the other posts in the thread and couldn't stop myself from commenting about a few things that I have been observing since this thread started--

1. First of all...Thanks Veenz for allowing a relevant discussion which has led to spilling of feelings and sharing of thoughts that is important for a healthy forum. Thanks for not closing down the topic ...it was a mature decision on your part and whenever it goes out of hand...you can shut it but I am proud of the fact that we can discuss so effectively keeping our POVs without being afraid.

2. Secondly, the way forum behaved in this issue has been fairly mature...barring a few anecdotes here n there...others have been quite well behaved, mature and moved on...

3. Coming to discussion, I agree with Saaaz and Gaayu that IMAGE plays a huge role in a person's career...be it actor's , doctor's or any other profession. It is the integrity that counts and is finally the speaker and plays an important role no matter how talented a person professionally is.

4. But, I completely refute an actor's accountability or responsibilty to us. May be I am not able to explain myself in correct words. I'll try --

The Image that we are talking about is CREATED...there is a separate profile for people who do this professionally for Stars, Cricketers and politicians...
they scan reports being published about their clients...make a study through all TV channels and print media...have connections everywhere and thus Project an Image that an actor or celebrity is comfortable with...
But all of them are human too and their actions break that image at various occasions
I have sufficient proofs that this is done by big time celebrities...
I have no idea that TV actors have that knowledge or privilege...if at all !!!

Character and Morals are Each to his own...I always believe in this. I was taught to have a strong character, always be truthful and be upfront and not misuse other's sensibilities for my own gain...
but it is not important that others are also taught the same. I follow this strictly with best friends too.
If I find something not matching my frequencies...I simply move ahead...
But I don't stop back to hurl insults or lash bad omens to someone who was intellectually weaker than me...( this is just a general statement, not against someone specifically)

Coming back to the Image part...it keeps getting broken and bubbles keep bursting due to the acts of these people which are sometimes avoidable ...

I take it like this...
If I don't like anyone's acting ...I simply switch channel...instead of asking him to improve. If I am a die- hard fan or a well wisher...I go a step ahead and will ask to improve...
even if he doesn't or a show doesn't keep to my standards...story wise or content wise...We should simply move on...instead of lashing and bashing !!!

Same goes for personal life which should be our last concern...Yes, a person with strong character and great personal attributes is a huge turn on...but if he doesn't match to those standards...abusing him is no solution. He will remain what he is in all probability.

why will an actor not say that he's single??
Salman Khan has been saying that for past 20 years and he has not owned even a single girlfriend of his. While Hrithik went ahead and told about his girlfriend even before his first movie released... both have uncountable fans and amazingly crazy following !!

It is again Each to his own...and is our responsibilty to understand the contrast.

please understand - Images are not Real !!!! they are created !!!

Not only in this case...but everywhere, when bubble's burst and Images get broken...I turn back and reflect on myself...and ask -

Why did I ignore the signals which had been there since so many months?
why did I chose to believe him? ...Isn't it my fault?
why is 'he' accountable?... Am I not foolish enough to accept what he is saying?
why should he be ashamed? He is doing something according to his sensibilities...

We Chose to believe him...even if he lied...are we so naive and gullible to believe whatever we hear the actors say and act...???
why are we so upset??

Whatever celebrities speak is all scripted...well thought of... and presented... and very very smart and calculating ...that only benefits them!!
their interviews and public appearances are all scripted !!
If we fall for that...we are innocent ...not they at fault !!

people like Salman have a bad public image because they act as they feel...don't get scripted everytime.

same mistake was done by our lead actor with poor PR skills...he didn't hire someone for making a 'IMAGE' for himself and did not get a proper counselling on how to maintain it and THUS acted differently at onscreen interviews and off screen action !!!...That's it !!!!
so What???

I consider him Immature and childish for this act and may be he should have been careful !!!
but if he wasn't...his life !!!! Big deal !!!

But I don't expect any explanations, because it doesn't matter !!!
Now, it is upto us to keep following him or move on !!

4. Yes, someone rightly pointed out in earlier posts that --
Tiger Woods is Tiger Woods and Sachin Tendulkar is Sachin Tendulkar  !!!
I completely agree
but then so are
Salman and Hrithik
Ranbir Kapoor and Imran Khan
Yuvraj Singh and Gautam Gambhir

the firsts have poor reputation and image and second ones have impeccable image...it is upto Us to follow them, love them, like them, adore them or accept them as our muse but they did not come to us to ask us to follow them !!

5. Lastly, to wish someone ill health and hurling insults is completely disgraceful, however big the crime !! It is not our culture and I believe that as a human being...it is extremely disgusting to rob someone off his dignity just because he didn't live upto your expectations !!!

Edited by -Manita- - 12 years ago
SPN_JD_Addicted thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Lastly, to wish someone ill health and hurling insults is completely disgraceful, however big the crime !! It is not our culture and I believe that as a human being...it is extremely disgusting to rob someone off his dignity just because he didn't live upto your expectations !!!

Manita,very well said!

Edited by SPN_JD_Addicted - 12 years ago
roadsidejunkey thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@Souma,I completely AGREE wid each and Every Word u jst Quoted!!MISLEADING dat too via Electronic media is a BIGGER CRIME...
Not going to mention whys and whats and by whom(i loved this actually)

If Karan stressed on being single and had these kind of pics taken with YM,leading us to believe that these two are more than friends,would we be this angry?And demand an explanation?Just curious!
Amidst all this,I never was angry with Karan.I was angry with myself cos I wanted something to happen and that something might not be a possibility any more and its my fault I hoped for that.What's there in the image?I used to follow two American sitcoms,the leading ladies are charming,beautiful,sensitive,sensible and every other positive quality that makes you fall in love with them.Off screen,both had problems with drugs,booze,affairs etc.That didn't stop me from watching their serials nor did diminish their fan following.We at the heat of the moment say something and time heals and we forget.Wasn't that what we did in Feb?Surprisingly I was more angry then and at that time was I loved only the characters and karan being away would ruin the much-awaited Dhulwadi track!

The thing that helped me,I realised Karan is no Shantanu since the very beginning and I hold myself accountable for mixing on screen characters and off screen actors.
destinylove thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: SPN_JD_Addicted

If Karan stressed on being single and had these kind of pics taken with YM,leading us to believe that these two are more than friends,would we be this angry?And demand an explanation?Just curious!

smitha I did nto expect this from U...I object to this..

This Talk is no way connected to yashashri masurkar ..and why to take her name even for your curiosity 😭

This is not right and in line with fairness ...Keep this talk strictly  to the  concerned people.. 

Edited by sshriyaa84 - 12 years ago
Shriya-sorry I didn't live up to ur expectations lol but no one made any allegations or assumptions or whatever.I know you love YM and we all do too,just wanted to know what this is all abt really?For no YashAran or for not living up to certain standards?

If  Veenz find it inapt,please she would delete or warn me,after all she is the MOD right?
dr.dsr thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Seems like my last will not be my last!! 😆

Ok! Smi, this one's specially for you...

We are again mixing issues and losing sight of the main issue!

The issue here is not about 'dreams' being shattered...those dreams were anyway a figment of imagination...something that viewers believed/imagined/hoped from the characters on screen; not reality that they were in all soundness of mind 😆 led to believe by the person behind the character...

Isnt there a HUGE difference between the two??!!!

The former...an actor is not in any way accountable to his/her fans for...
The latter...ENTIRELY, so!!

Now, coming to the question per say...does the yardstick change if dreams turn into reality?/

The question, brilliant...the answer, tricky!

Lets just say...the person stills qualifies to be an oppurtunist...for having twisted his/her versions to suit his/her convenience...
The image of the person still takes a beating...every statement of the person concerned will therefore, always be taken with a pinch of salt...
The only thing that might possibly be different is the intensity of the sense of betrayal with respect to values, will be that much lesser...

On a lighter note, the person still remains a liar, but a liar with a purpose!! 😆

Edited by dr.dsr - 12 years ago
iluvmanar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
pls guys...hum yaha pe ku lar rahe hai..pls guys..request 2 u all..yehi pe end karo...though i hv no right 2 tell u guys what u should do or what not...but it's just a request...according 2 me...after satying in this forum 4 a long tym..we hv bcum frnds..so why 2 destry our frndship or our connection and the peace of this forum 4 the sake of the actors...
destinylove thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Shriya-sorry I didn't live up to ur expectations lol but no one made any allegations or assumptions or whatever.I know you love YM and we all do too,just wanted to know what this is all abt really?For no YashAran or for not living up to certain standards?

If  Veenz find it inapt,please she would delete or warn me,after all she is the MOD right?

sorry smitha .This is not a question of loving a person or not loving.

.I am not saying this because I love her etc.

, Even if it were someone else and he/she were unrelated and not even in the article I would have raised an objection

We should never attempt to take things out of context..lt may set a bad example for others to follow

i think every fan likes a certain pair and has their own fantasy about them Even I have it though i dont say it

That does not mean it should be discussed with unrelated matters..  sorry if that hurt u

i really dont like mixing issues like this one and our own fantasies.

and as per naveens(iluvmanar) request I am ending this No more comments from me on this
Edited by sshriyaa84 - 12 years ago