Accountability!! DTNOTE13 SUMMARY PAGE 13 - Page 5

Posted: 12 years ago
I'm not even going to bother with the whole post except for the main one...

I'm just going to say this one:

I was just told yesterday that he is just another star, who will not interact with his fans and who will come and go in a spur of a moment.

I was told that this his personal life and that I should just leave him alone. 

Well why are we all after him? Why? We all believed him once and this time instead of saying something he has not said a thing? Why? Is it coz he is keeping his mouth closed coz he had no idea of what was going on till someone pointed out to him? Why is he still quite you ask?

I can sit here and give thousands of explanations of why his mouth is still closed and he won't open it. The guy is gonna be bashed regardless of what he does. Why? coz we all had build too much hope and believed in a dream (which I still do and I have full faith in him than the other person). To me it is how people speak with their eyes and their expressions that tells me how much a truth a person is speaking and not their body language or their interaction with someone we hardly know.

To me the reason he is quite is probably even he has no clue on how to handle or maybe something happened to him since many openly abused him. Or maybe he was busy doing the show or maybe he was busy trying to contact the main person in question and can't get a hold of her.

Forget what he said, tell me one thing: if you are girl and you are from a show where we have already seen your actions, where you seem to be the possessive types and make a big deal out of small things, where you posed like that with everyone you know, where you have no self-respect and is announcing to the world that u've been cheated on and where u just put pictures of urselves with ur ex and so on and so forth. Why wud u do that? I can come up with 2 reasons why a girl wud do something like that to a guy she knows has many fans: 1) publicity stunt and has no self respect what-so-ever and 2) you got rejected and want revenge (which you showed the same signs before). 

I tell you, guys are much simpler than gals when it comes to these things and girls are bitchier than guys in regards to all. Guys are more confused about such stuff when they find themselves in such situations and don't know how to get out of it and instead of say anything on the situation, they say nothing coz they don't know how to react to it.

The last thing is...this is his life, we are not married to him and have no obligations to him just like he has none to us. He only has obligations to his friends and family, not to fans as far as his personal life is concerned. Yes his image is damage but if he doesn't care then why shud we? R we mad at him for not clearing or are we mad at him for being too much involved with the guy? 

I for one is very much believing him and have no problem with him. No matter what he does, he doesn't owe me an explanation coz im not close to him. Till he truly says that he is involved, I will not say a thing. He has a right to privacy like we all do. I wud deny it when people wud pester me too!

Simple!

No hard feelings to anyone!

Ermm, once again.. 🤔

Doc D: You know I like you but there's something I dint get.. 😳 Im confused at one side you say we are not asking him to tell us abt his personal life and clarify himself and at the other hand you made a topic saying 'accountability and dot dot..' 😕

@All: As far as I understand many here are demanding him to actually come in public and confess it.. WHY? Who are you all to ask him to clarify? Someone close? Do I sound rude? Im sorry if I am.. But why do we forget that we all are just 'fans'.. And as few here said an actor is only accountable to us for his acting! And nothing else! Its like May rightly said if a normal person becomes an Actor does he lose his private life kya? Agreed that he's in the limelight and will remain so as far as he is an Actor! But does this mean that he has to come and clarify every single news that comes out against him? If he's not giving any proper explanation then have we ever thought that maybe he himself doesnt know how to handle the situation? Or maybe it was ON and over now? Or maybe some other explanation as Rooj mentioned..

Also abt many saying that we are dedicated fans and hence require an answer.. Really? Are we this dedicated towards him? If so then why are we even bothered abt his personal life? We are his fans for portraying Shantanu at the bestest possibility and nothing more! So if there is something that goes wrong with Shaan or KT refuses to play Shaan anymore then we would be really concerned and would owe an answer from him.. BUT WHY NOW? Why is Karan accountable for his personal life to "Shaan's" Fans?

Also abt 'no comments' comment.. Are you all really sure that if he has had said that you all would have been chilled? Really? Like REALLY? That would have actually made you all much more hyped up! Also if he had come out and said it publicly nah then also all those who wants to puke at him for not saying the truth would actually come in public and puke at him just for dating someone they dont like! Its like I said previously too, seems like many seems to support an actor only if he/she would date their specific actress? Does an actor not have the right to choose to do what he wants and likes? Why should we bound them with our desires and wishes? As an actor he is fulfilling all our demands but as a person does he really have to oblige to us and confess? So why is he accountable to US? What are we to him, just fans nah? We are here at one moment and the moment we dont like Shaan's character we are not there for KT! And still we ask him to come out and give us an answer? WHY? Also like Veena said 'what difference is it going to make if he does or doesnot confess?'

Btw I just realised one thing.. Many here are asking him to clarify himself.. He always does that.. Whenever he is asked abt all this recently he has said 'There is nothing as such and I am single'.. He has said it guys so what more do you all demand? Further clarification as to why is he single? Why should he clarify that? Or why should he say he is dating someone when he actually might not be? You all want an answer, an honest answer and that is what he has said.. Cant we all believe him kya? Why take this matter to such a height where we are fighting amongst ourselves?

I feel so much for KT right now.. He might be reading all this and how shocked he might be.. Neways I not only love Shaan but love KT more! As I said in my other post, I dont think Karan had commited a crime or done anything wrong and I dont think anyone would go and try to ruin their life themselves and hence he himself wouldnt too! I again say Im proud of KT for portraying Shaan to the bestest possibility and making us or rather ME falling in love with KT himself! And hence I support him wherever he goes and whatever he does! Like Rooj too I would believe what he says rather than believing on any other article!

Im not sure what was the purpose of this topic as all this has been discussed before in the other thread too.. It seems to be the same as the previous one, just some little changes.. I really dont wanna say anything else here.. Im sure this convo will lead to nothing but the topic being closed and then another topic being opened with some other title and the whole same convo would start again.. And the same cycle would keep going on but no one would try to look at different angles!!

Hence I again say Karan did not do anything wrong! An actor is surely not accountable to US for his personal/private life and hence he does not need to clarify himself at all! Its his life, let him live it! Im out of here now..

Doc D,

Some of us will go on a vanvaas when we dont like the story

Some of us will express our disappointment about certain behavior of certain human beings.

To each of us, our reasons and our logic seem justified!

To some quitting the Forum when the story goes haywire may seem ridiculous

To some expecting character integrity may seem ridiculous

We all have our tipping points

We all have tempers and disappointments.

Most are human enough to show it, "some" dont! 
We  cannot expect everyone to react to everything how ever we react.

The world is not a homogenous place.

If the world was a homogenous place we would not have what is called "stories"😊

There would be no RBO!

That would be a the worst tragedy in my opinion

For some taking vanvaas when the story is not progressing to their liking is the right thing to do

For some inappropriate human behavior brings out hurt and pain

I dont think people should be rationalizing on others behalf.

What is OK behavior for one may not be OK behavior for some one else!

I am totally with you Doc D.

Please continue expressing your opinions and disappointments

Some of us do think alike thankfully for me

This is a free Forum

And Veena has been kind to let us air our disappointments

So I am thankful for that!

If we dont speak we cannot bring about change

Even if we dont bring about change, we should be allowed to say what went wrong!

We cannot all think or act like one person

The world does not function that way!

Good character is the basic foundation of a human being

If we can let that pass in life

We can let anything pass

I am speaking generally

Thanks for keeping this topic open Veena!

Edited by aditee - 12 years ago

The following comments do not  refer to any actor or  public figure  This is all my personally generalised views on publlic figures..and actors with no reference to any particular one..

very much agree to the last  comments of aditee   That character is very important.

...it is the foundation   and those who are saying an actor  is not accountable  

It is strange that One takes media people to cover every nook and corner of their house  whole history their dog with DOB as though it is the most important information... under the name of extra talents t sing averagely and harass people in TV.

and also as if keeping privacy  shun interaction with fans who repeatedly plead  for one post on FB for weeks..trouble reporters without giving interviews on time that too in connection with characters of the show..

But when it is  question of individual crisis sit  over Fb and try to impress people wishing birthday/ exams/ press like button for thanking on wishing birthdays ..and as if nothin is wrong innocently ask for weather info

still to post something on that matter which fans have been discussing with troubled minds
and especailly when a married womna is involved  

This is cunningness selfishness and I dont know what not?Defintely it is very clear fans have been taken for a ride..

i wish to pin point one thing

He need not reveal th truth but he need not lie  either  and mislead young teenagers and  young females  (  that is my personal opinion)repeatedly in each and every interview This is arrogance and attitude but disguised as innocence and humbleness

already we hear so much of young girls all cheated easily over online...So does he not feel he should never mislead anyone at any point of time  just to retain their droolings and attention

.Dont say they dont look into teelvison actors for role models... I have seen so many young sters putting the names of televsion actor in the column people who inspire u in their face book

Once u are a public figure whetehr t u like it or not u definitely owe ur  reponsible answers to the public 

If at all u dont want to reveal ur privacy better say "i dont discuss my private life"

but Why u keep on misleading   After an holiday when umpteen fans  aked about dating why do u lie????Why do u give preachings on being true indian traditons consciene etc., Where is the need for a lie when u feel there is no need  for the truth

I would say they enjoy the adulation name and fame from the fans and so definitley they do owe a responsible answer...They need not reveal things but definitley no lies at any cost..
Edited by sshriyaa84 - 12 years ago
Shriya when you an I agree on something
Then its the best day ever!

It happens so rarely
I truly relish it!

The joys of critiquing and debating Indian shows

I absolutely love every minute of it!

Agreeing to disagree is the basic rule of democracy!

I am happy Shriya we found a topic to agree on

More power to us

More power to Desi TV

It brings so many on the same page!

Thanks again Veena for keeping this open!

Originally posted by lghosh

LOVED, LOVED your post, Lana!

You've covered the dynamics of actor-fan-actor amazingly well!! 👏👏👏

Shotti, Khoob bhalo legeche! 😳

Thanks a ton, coming from u it is a big compliment! Like every1 else here I am also awestruck by ur choice or words & the fluent effortless way u write! Love ur style.
Akdam sotti aar amar khub bhalo legechhe je tumi eta niye likhechho. 😊
[/QUOTE]
What?

Two of my most favorite people in life talking in a beautiful Indian language?

How could I have missed it!

Love you two!

You will absolutely love each other

I can guarantee it!

See!

This is exactly why I love India and Indian shows

It brought two of my friends together!ClapClap

India and Bongs, two of my worldd fave things!ClapClap

I cant wait for you two to start a friendship

I will forever be indebted to today Doc D

Smiles and Hugs to you both!

Love
A
Please take note :

Just because this topic is still open don't mean that any member can harp on the same comments over and over again. If you have stated your comment once.. keep it to that!
Again do not get sarcastic and pass snide remarks to your fellow members. Be sensitive.
Even if you don't direct it to a specific person or a group .. doesn't mean that we don't understand who it is aimed against.
Lets not do something that don't make us look good regardless of the comment.

There is a reason this topic is open.
Make use of it with healthy discussions.

If I feel that the comments are going overboard with sarcasm and unneeded discussion. This topic will be closed without any closing comment from DT!

Edited by -Veena- - 12 years ago
Guys !

He is just a kid in the industry with Weak Public Relations skills ... log tho kya kya karke maaf ho jatey hain ...it was just an affair ... baksh do isko ... pls

~Cheers,
Dish
Edited by dishbhan - 12 years ago
Trying not add more to this debate.

However from a girl POV, if my BF keeps insisting out there that he is single, or keeps asking me to change my DP cause his fans don't like it, would make me pretty mad as his GF, I mean if a guy does not have guts to accept a relationship, it definitely would not be worth continuing.

Think of it that way too...I think it would be awful to be in such a relationship. However much you care about your fans or PR.

I imagine if you are in real relationship and serious about it there would be no qualms to accept anyway, no matter what.
So I am flitting through the forum after a really looong time...and lo and behold come across a post created by dear DocD..who in my books shall remain one of the most sincere fans of Shanak ... and what a post?!! ..one that tingles my brain cells..another rarity on the forum ...

Well, it seems like there has been quite a heated discussion and points raised already..all valid and whatever may be the motivations behind the various replies, (un)fortunately I am not privy to...but I thought shall put in my two bit..the line that stayed with me the most is what I shall attempt to address...

"actors are accountable to their fans with respect to their craft...but the million dollar question is whether it is just that or more??!!!"

In my opinion, the fact of the matter is that there is only one thing that shall carry actors forward in guaranteeing shelf life...and that factor is 'IMAGE'...in the make-believe world of entertainment image is everything...when a fan spends hours on a forum discussing the show, reading and writing fiction based on characters from the show.. as fans, all we are doing is responding to the image that has been created...that image stays with us, it lets us dream, it tells us to hold on, it manifests into new fantasies and it gives a lot of us a high and the exhilaration livens up our hum drum lives...in fact even for the most impersonal and clinical viewer, image plays a huge role in wanting to see the actor again..and again ...

As an actor, the IMAGE is important because without it, there is no audience who shall be willing to invest in the make believe...and as an actor, a huge part of your responsibility is being true towards that very image you help create...either on your own or through the varying characters you portray... and this time and age of instant infotainment - FB, Twitter, Blogs etc..it is inevitable that your personal life shall overlap with your professional one...which often actors use to their advantage to enhance their image and being honest and responsible towards that very image is key in increasing your fans and maintaining your current fan base..

The day an actor shows irresponsibility towards the image..either by personal actions or behavior, no matter how great an actor on screen, for a fan, the image is broken..the dream shattered and the fan rudely awoken...and for all actors out there with limited shelf life... dudes...the day the fans wake up, it is your final day...

For all of us who think that personal behavior does not impact professional life, we could not be more wrong.. if one of the most dynamic US presidents that the world has seen in the past several decades was impeached on basis of a personal affair... what is a mere TV actor???...

Image and branding is everything...and being responsible towards that image is key to your survival in a profession where you rely on the public for your growth...after all, in the world of fluff TV shows, four people watching for sake of content can only take you so far...umm..or lets say not very far!!..

Edited by saaaz - 12 years ago