Accountability!! DTNOTE13 SUMMARY PAGE 13 - Page 4

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by lghosh

Doc D fantastic post!
All one needs is simple 2 words, 'no comments', that is it! The media, the fans, the world will get the gist that the actor or the person wants privacy as far as his personal life is concerned. No tresspassing in that arena! They will back off or even if something gets flashed later they will know the actor wanted to keep it private!
But lying openly kind of diminishes the respect which the fans were bestowing. Again a public figure doesn't necessarily need to make his life public, he is entitled to his privacy & we as fans should respect it as well but here we r talking about openly lying, which almost accounts to taking the fans for a ride, that is not acceptable!
Again I feel to each the standards or the morals one adheres to is different from another, so maybe being 'in an open relationship' accounts to being 'single, ready to mingle' officially! I am just voicing my thoughts, not necessarily commenting about any1 in particular with authority, just trying to analyse the situation.
And last but not the least we as responsible fans ought to keep our adulation to a limit as well. We should restrict ourselves to the characters of the show rather than extending it to the actors as well. The moment we merge the characters & the actors the bubble bursts! We should be accountable to ourselves as well as to not put them up on a pedestal & worship like they r some larger than life figures who ought to be looked up as role models.
I agree with Aditee very few can be Amitabh Bachchan or SRK, not only their works speaks for themselves but their self discipline & also respect for their fans says a lot about why they r what they r today! One in showbiz ought to learn this from the legends.
Loved the post, like always.

LOVED, LOVED your post, Lana!

You've covered the dynamics of actor-fan-actor amazingly well!! 👏👏👏

Shotti, Khoob bhalo legeche! 😳

@di..completely agree wid u.. A simple statement as in No Comments wud hv gven us the picture and mre over earned him Sme Respect bt the countless tyms one goes arnd stating his status (which i guess is kinda of personnel )and den gives in a false cue is certainly nt dne wid...NO ONE here is stupid enough to intermix   Reel Real...wat irks are the HIGHLY irresponsible statements one makes on d social networking sites questioning our Intellectual level!its my Pov hope i made it clear..
Originally posted by -Manita-

I just logged in to give my 2 cents in this thread !!

Thanks for the post DocD...you always write well !!

I will speak strictly for my POV...and what I feel ...I don't know about others !!

Actors are just other human beings but in some profession that directly connects to us !! We connect to them through their characters...
Not because they are so n so human beings !!!
If I talk of accountability...No they are not accountable to us for anything...

Talking of personal issues is far fetched...I don't even hold them responsible or accountable for their acting abilities...because if they are acting...then, even I have a remote in my hand...I can switch channels when something doesn't connects...

I really don't think that an actor's... that too a relatively new television actor's... achievement is so high to be considered him as a role model...
He should be considered what he does best - entertainment and that's all...

My own transition from 'Reel' to 'Real' happens only when I happen to be so impressed that I reach out to that actor to extend support or tell him that he is doing a fine job and should continue...
if that person, who is another human being , by the way, responds... well n good ...if he doesn't ...hardly makes a difference in my life.

The interaction...the adulation...the responsibilty ends here !!!

expecting him to share details of his girlfriends is naive or innocence on our part...none of his fault if he doesn't

I am not defending anyone...
but morals ...principles...strength of character are subject to individuals...Each to his Own !!!
We cannot hold even our close friends accountable to personal details !!!
he is nothing but a character played by a person...who we hardly know and in all probability... will never know !!!!

why bash someone who we don't know at all !!!!
and make him feel accountable just because other actors are doing it... let him do whatever he wants to do with his life !!!
I am sure if tomorrow he wakes up and declares at every forum and website...it will still not make any difference !!

Thanks Maani, Veena,

I was thinking I am the only one here, whos gonna be having a different opinion and standing out.

I understood maybe some level of lie has been indicated or said somewhere, but how does that make them a better or worst actor/actresses.

As fans we just judge them for their acting and not what they do in their spare time. Some level of maturity is needed for people to grow in public relations which will come over time and such experiences ... I wish people see them thru their profession only, we are fans of their acting, and cannot take anything related to their personal life away from them.

All boys and girls have flings, which are just knowing periods, not that they are permanent relations, (I dont believe in such flings, but they are the reality of today, we cannot deny it). GF is a step ahead of this flings and involves much more commitment, may be the actors are not yet committed and hence do not declare it! period.

Fans ko batane ka jaisa kya hain ... ki main date kar raha hoon kisiko but GF nahi hain, nothing serious aisa bolne ka ... how much sense does that make?

If u r a true fan of a particular person, then u could have seen all the snaps and a particular girl being beside him all the while in most photos as well, but u chose to ignore it ... why, because he did not tell... come on!!!

Anyways, my condolences to the girls whose hearts were broken. And I just wanna say, pls look at a person as a human being, not as a god or idol!!

Take a chill-pill ... let the guy be ... Request you all not to say or pray anything bad for anyone, don't make yourself repent in the future for saying bad about someone. Think positive and say something good about all !!!!! Thats what makes us a better person.

"Bhagwan sabka bhala kare aur sab ko sadhbuddhi de!"

~Cheers,
Dish
Edited by dishbhan - 12 years ago
Dish
I really liked your post may be he is just dating with her as a friend may be it's nothing serious then why he has to declare those kind if stuff which even he don't know about the relationship
and as long as he is giving us good portrayal of Shaan we should appreciate his work not just to bash him for his personal life and they are not oblige to us for talking out truth
and why are we comparing him with Srk , and spreading negativity in the forum
pls one request dont make it too negative that people stop coming here
I just joined month ago so I have no right to say much things but one last that we are matured enough to have a difference between reel life and real life
if he lied so what he did not do a big crime that we start using some harsh words

As a forum member everyone I think has a right to voice their opinion...

And all I can say is this reporter Neha Maheshwari was the same person who wrote KT and YM can't stand each other.. and atleast such distaste towards each other would  have been very evident when our friends from the forum visited them.. which was not the case... they seem to be good friends atleast...

And now this thing about him splitting from his so called GF... well what if he is not dating her.. what if she is as sweet a person as anyone else on this planet.. what if she is just his good friend...  and what if he calls himself  "single"...  he is human after all... what if every word of this article has no meaning!!

May be this comes across really rude.. but how many of us here in this forum actually know the real name and status of co-member... and we call ourselves RBO family... not that it should be known.. we want to maintain a certain level of privacy... and there is nothing wrong in it... even if we lie no one is going to know... and we needn't even justify it to anyone...  then why an actor...

Relax guys..

May be this doesn't fit this post here perfectly and maybe I am not supposed to post this here but I was really moved by this blog by Gurmeet Chowdry where he was dissappointed with his fans who started deciding what is right and wrong for him...

I think at a young age they be it KT or YM are working hard to achieve something in life.. even to impersonate someone else needs an effort... and they are still learning the art of being in Page 3!!

So I think before judging anyone we need to just place ourselves in their shoes and see what it is to be under constant scrutiny of the media... even though we can say it is they who chose this path!!

Anu cometely agree
even neha wrote something bad about ankita too they need something to earn trps
may be they are really good buddies and after all this us his personal life
he lied or not we dont know yet and we don't know anything inside out for the actors
I agree we give actors popularity but it doesn't mean that they are oblige to anything
we give them popularity because of their on screen acting off screen we don't know any actors inside out

Edited by Tora - 12 years ago
Heads up:
If anyone gets the article and people names into this discussion.. This topic shuts down. I don't want the same discussion that happened in the other topic!!
Edited by -Veena- - 12 years ago
LOVED, LOVED your post, Lana!

You've covered the dynamics of actor-fan-actor amazingly well!! 👏👏👏

Shotti, Khoob bhalo legeche! 😳

[/QUOTE]

Thanks a ton, coming from u it is a big compliment! Like every1 else here I am also awestruck by ur choice or words & the fluent effortless way u write! Love ur style.
Akdam sotti aar amar khub bhalo legechhe je tumi eta niye likhechho. 😊

Glad I am not the only one that felt the way I did.

Mani'

I agree with your comments.

Dish:

Completely agree with you when you say "Wish people see them thru their profession"  Sadly sometimes we expect more! Human nature I would say!

May:

Dear you don't need to be afraid to say what you feel (within IF rules..haha) this is an open forum!

Dyo:

Thanks for your response dear.

After reading .. I actually thought too that I had missed some kind of a media release or I was totally oblivious to the happenings around as I really don't watch any SBS or SBB vdo's regularly hence would have been an easy miss!😆 Anyways...

My heart goes out to all you that were hurt. What I would suggest is give the guy a break and keep expectations only to the show level.. what they do in their personal life is theirs.

Edited by -Veena- - 12 years ago
hey doc awesomest post ... hats off dear ...

word to word agree with u ...hugs*

luv zara