Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jparker thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Mishti Dyo...

Salutaions... for such a beautiful and meaningful post...

In life each person is accountable. Befitting is every question.

-SYS- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Ah.I love debates on Morals.Thank you Doc D for this post.Am now going to take this opportunity to think out loud πŸ˜ƒ

First let us start by questioning who exactly are we questionable to?In the normal course of our lives?Is every human only questionable to God alone or to people that he interacts with too?I ask this because I refuse to put an actor above us mere mortals in any way.
At the end of the day it is not who we are but what we are that makes us superior or inferior to others.It is not by virtue of our status in life or the glamorous quotient of our jobs that determine our station here, even though that seems to sadly have become the norm everywhere.
In my opinion while at the end of the day each of us are accountable to God alone, it is our interactions with other humans in our lives that we live and walk amongst that will be questioned.

Moving on, who then is an actor accountable to and what is he accountable for?
Answering the latter question first, as Doc D said, an actor is answerable for his craft to his fans.This cannot be denied.
However, is he also culpable for his personal life?If I am not accountable for my personal life to anyone, then I do not see why someone who is incidentally an 'actor' needs to answer to me for his life. Agreed that it is by virtue of his fans that an actor gets his fame and fortune, however at the same time is a fan not a selfish creature too?It is for his own enjoyment that the fan is watching said actor on the TV.The actor gets the fame and the fortune, the fan gets to while away a few hours absorbed in what is being shown on screen, an escape, as we say, from his or her life, from the seriousness and the harsh realities of life.In my opinion, it is a two way benefit. A win-win situation indeed (Or in some cases, a loss-loss situationπŸ˜†)

Despite all this, there also comes the question of integrity. While I feel that actors are in no way obliged to divulge any personal information, unless they want to, at the same time they must accept the truth as it is. And we as fans must look within ourselves and ask if it is for the craft or the person that we are a 'fan'? If it is the craft then in no way will it make a difference to us what the actor is doing in his actual life, how he is choosing to live.And the actor must realize this, trust his fans and make statements accordingly.
Let us not forget that it is a two-way street after all.

Love
-Y

nk.mail thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Doc D 

πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

Here's a big big hug to u! πŸ€— πŸ˜³

Very well said! You know, the  world is changin fast, people have become intelligent and smart but what still amuses is Human Behaviour. 

I was thinkin after all the revelations like what was the need to mislead? I mean, come on, today no body cares about an actors relationship status! (Best ex bein Gurmeet Chaudhry)

Everybody understands that actors need their personal space but lying is a total let down..

Then read Aditee's post and got a gist

Thanx for the awesome post!! 

Shanaksansar thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

I echo everyone's sentiments here. Have been observing for a while quite a few inconsistencies in what was said earlier. Tend to ignore since we are all humans and can be forgetful.

But this recent incident has been very disturbing. Especially the casual attitude abt weather really de-means our existence. To assume we are brainless morons and moreover not a hint of remorse...DISGUSTING

Hope justice prevails and we see it fast. Do feel bad for the co-stars though.Edited by Shanaksansar - 12 years ago
destinylove thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
@rocking neha 

why Gurmeet(i like him too for this quality of him he is very straight forward calling spade a spade )

even my all time favourite  KSG /Karan kundra./karan mehra/vvian

dsena/avinash(of choti bahu)/sushant(of pavithra rishta)/maryada lead(forgot his

name)/jay bhanushali( i am getting only these names in memory  but there are many)  ..

.among females /kritika kamra/mahi vij/sanjeedha sheikh., achanaa lokhande/pooja

gor/parul chauhan( of d bidaai fame) . so many are there  

who have cleared it all since beginning

All are young all play leads and nothing has affected the in big way due to revealing  of their

status

..Infact they have become more respectable in fans eyes for not hidng things at the first instance

but the question is after so many lies even if one admits what respect will he have in mature peoples...minds..

.Once  respect an integrity is lost it is forever...and no one even cares for th fact that things need to be cleared immediately since a married woman name is also there

(BTW I have not taken any persons names and all the above comments are not referring to anyone ..)
nk.mail thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: sshriyaa84

@rocking neha 

why Gurmeet(i like him too for this quality of him he is very straight forward calling spade a spade )

even my all time favourite  KSG /Karan kundra./karan mehra/vvian

dsena/avinash(of choti bahu)/sushant(of pavithra rishta)/maryada lead(forgot his

name)/jay bhanushali( i am getting only these names in memory  but there are many)  ..

.among females /kritika kamra/mahi vij/sanjeedha sheikh., achanaa lokhande/pooja

gor/parul chauhan( of d bidaai fame) . so many are there  

who have cleared it all since beginning

All are young all play leads and nothing has affected the in big way due to revealing  of their

status

..Infact they have become more respectable in fans eyes for not hidng things at the first instance

but the question is after so many lies even if one admits what respect will he have in mature peoples...minds..

.Once  respect an integrity is lost it is forever...and no one even cares for th fact that things need to be cleared immediately since a married woman name is also there

(BTW I have not taken any persons names and all the above comments are not referring to anyone ..)

His name popped in my mind 1st πŸ˜³

He represented all the people u mentioned i meant to say 
iluvmanar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
accountability...i must say perfect word u hv choosen...i think evry1 is accountable 2 certain person in a certain phase of his/her lyf...but what is most important is that when u r ruining sum1 others lyf 2..u must cum frwrd 2 clarify...but here i guess what we see in the name of accountability is wishing 4 bdays & xam and weather analysis...
dr.dsr thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: aditee

Accountability according to my definition Doc is thinking

your fans are fools

It is taking them for a royal ride

It is smirking and poking fun at them

It is sc----with them

It is lying, cheating and deception

It is fooling yourself into believeing nothing can hurt you

It is living in a delusional world of being a "superstar"

It is stepping for the first time into s---- that will eventually swallow you

It displays lack of character

It displays lack of conviction

It displays poor quality upbringing in humans in general

It displays a mocking joy of  "living for the moment"

It displays losing hindreds and thousands of people that adore you

It displays hunger for things other than "work"
It displays immaturity

It displays an arrogance that says "This is who I am, I know you will continue to suck it all up and eat off my hands".

It displays unbelievably low self esteem and complete total lack of integrity!

It displays a narcissistic trait

It displays a "I am better than everybody" atitude

SRK did not become like this overnite

He worked his butt off

He put in a good 20 years before he started claiming he is the best

He is!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Copying him on screen and "living his statements" off screen has not made any body a super star leave alone a respectable human being!

Arrogance and hubris has killed many  (television) careers
This will be another one!

I guarantee it!

Barely two pages of responses for a CV request is an indication of how well things are.

Well said, Aditi!! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

SRK and Sallu impersonations cannot a superstar make!!!

A wannabe...definitely, yes!

Honing the craft can come later...lets get started with some basic integrity, first!!!πŸ˜ƒ

lghosh thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Doc D fantastic post!
All one needs is simple 2 words, 'no comments', that is it! The media, the fans, the world will get the gist that the actor or the person wants privacy as far as his personal life is concerned. No tresspassing in that arena! They will back off or even if something gets flashed later they will know the actor wanted to keep it private!
But lying openly kind of diminishes the respect which the fans were bestowing. Again a public figure doesn't necessarily need to make his life public, he is entitled to his privacy & we as fans should respect it as well but here we r talking about openly lying, which almost accounts to taking the fans for a ride, that is not acceptable!
Again I feel to each the standards or the morals one adheres to is different from another, so maybe being 'in an open relationship' accounts to being 'single, ready to mingle' officially! I am just voicing my thoughts, not necessarily commenting about any1 in particular with authority, just trying to analyse the situation.
And last but not the least we as responsible fans ought to keep our adulation to a limit as well. We should restrict ourselves to the characters of the show rather than extending it to the actors as well. The moment we merge the characters & the actors the bubble bursts! We should be accountable to ourselves as well as to not put them up on a pedestal & worship like they r some larger than life figures who ought to be looked up as role models.
I agree with Aditee very few can be Amitabh Bachchan or SRK, not only their works speaks for themselves but their self discipline & also respect for their fans says a lot about why they r what they r today! One in showbiz ought to learn this from the legends.
Loved the post, like always.
dr.dsr thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Aditi,

@bold: Of course, its not!!

In fact, its bloody hard earned!!
And, definitely is two-way traffic!!!

We, as fans, give our 'blood, sweat, tears' in equal measure...

We hope, we pray...we CONNECT!

Almost as if a commitment of sorts!!!

And the sheer mockery in return...as if smirking at our passion...our integrity!

@blue: What a fall from grace!😑
What a complete disgrace!! 🀒