Accountability!! DTNOTE13 SUMMARY PAGE 13

dr.dsr thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Would like to clarify at the outset that this post is not meant to ignite passions...

The sole purpose of this post is to address a much more serious issue!

Will start with the basics first...
As per definition, ACCOUNTABILTY is the quality or state of being accountable; especially an obligation or willingness to accept responsibility or to account for one's actions.

Each one us exhibits this attribute as part of our daily lives 'cos it is an integral part of our fabric...our value system! We are accountable to our families, friends, colleagues, professions, etc...the common thread in all of this, is that at the end of the day, we are accountable to ourselves by our actions!

Moving on to the core issue...the issue under discussion...celebrities and their sense of accountability!

Undoubtedly, actors are accountable to their fans with respect to their craft...but the million dollar question is whether it is just that or more??!!!

The most popular actor on the face of this earth is zilch without his/her fan-following!
It is the unrelenting, never-ending, heart-felt love and adulation that mere mortals (read fans/well-wishers) have for an actor that enables him/her to find his/her spot under the sun!
In simple words, an actor's career depends hugely on the support of fans...in this fiercely competitive world, actors are selected based on their market value which depends heavily on their fan-following!

Hence, being a die-hard, passionate fan myself, would like to raise a very pertinent question...

Does the sense of accountability of an actor not include the basic requirement of having respect for fans and their intelligence, no matter what their age or type on actors' fanpages, forums, etc...or even those countless, nameless, faceless fans who simply switch on their TV sets diligently day after day, unconditionally, just to view their fav actor??!! (am citing the television industry here for easy recall! πŸ˜›)

Agreed, that actors too, like everybody else have a right to privacy! But if that private space seems intruded, what would be the more accountable thing to do??
Ensure that the private space remains private or completely disregard and disrespect the very identity called 'FANS', by making a complete mockery of their intellect??!!
Is it asking for too much, for actor(s) to simply be firm in interviews by saying that they do not want to discuss their personal life??!! πŸ˜•
Simply put, one's life need not be an open book, but is it ethically right that the book is actually a "Mills & Boons", but is presented by the author as the next best thing to happen to the literary world after "Pride and Prejudice"??!!! 🀣

Does it not amount to taking the fans' sentiments for a complete ride??!!

Does it not amount to underestimating the fans' basic mind power??!!

Does it not amount to in a sense, ridiculing the fans' unstinting support...their neverending love...and most importantly, their sense of unshakeable belief??!!!

Are fans so gullible so as to not be able to spot the huge discrepancies between what is said and what actually happens...is it right, and more importantly ethical,  for fans to be taken for granted??!!
Isn't it time that actors recognised that fans are intelligent beings, and are fully capable of appreciating an actor irrespective of his/her personal status...
Is there really any need to misrepresent facts and mislead in the process??!!

In conclusion, will sum up my post by bringing to the fore a very simple fact...

We are all mere mortals...if some mere mortals cease to be mere, and become celebrities instead, the fans' unconditional love, support, adulation, and most importantly belief has a HUGE role to play in the same...

It is high time that actors don't just recognise it, acknowledge it...but respect it too!!😊

Cheers!!

Dyotona

PS: Summary of the thread posted on page number 13

Edited by dr.dsr - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aditee thumbnail
Accountability according to my definition Doc is thinking

your fans are fools

It is taking them for a royal ride

It is smirking and poking fun at them

It is sc----with them

It is lying, cheating and deception

It is fooling yourself into believeing nothing can hurt you

It is living in a delusional world of being a "superstar"

It is stepping for the first time into s---- that will eventually swallow you

It displays lack of character

It displays lack of conviction

It displays poor quality upbringing in humans in general

It displays a mocking joy of  "living for the moment"

It displays losing hindreds and thousands of people that adore you

It displays hunger for things other than "work"
It displays immaturity

It displays an arrogance that says "This is who I am, I know you will continue to suck it all up and eat off my hands".

It displays unbelievably low self esteem and complete total lack of integrity!

It displays a narcissistic trait

It displays a "I am better than everybody" atitude

SRK did not become like this overnite

He worked his butt off

He put in a good 20 years before he started claiming he is the best

He is!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Copying him on screen and "living his statements" off screen has not made any body a super star leave alone a respectable human being!

Arrogance and hubris has killed many  (television) careers
This will be another one!

I guarantee it!

Barely two pages of responses for a CV request is an indication of how well things are.

Edited by aditee - 12 years ago
aditee thumbnail
Originally posted by: dr.dsr

Would like to clarify at the outset that this post is not meant to ignite passions...

The sole purpose of this post is to address a much more serious issue!

Will start with the basics first...
As per definition, ACCOUNTABILTY is the quality or state of being accountable; especially an obligation or willingness to accept responsibility or to account for one's actions.

Each one us exhibits this attribute as part of our daily lives 'cos it is an integral part of our fabric...our value system! We are accountable to our families, friends, colleagues, professions, etc...the common thread in all of this, is that at the end of the day, we are accountable to ourselves by our actions!

Moving on to the core issue...the issue under discussion...celebrities and their sense of accountability!

Undoubtedly, actors are accountable to their fans with respect to their craft...but the million dollar question is whether it is just that or more??!!!

The most popular actor on the face of this earth is zilch without his/her fan-following! It is the unrelenting, never-ending, heart-felt love and adulation that mere mortals (read fans/well-wishers) have for an actor that enable him/her to find his/her spot under the sun!
In simple words, an actor's career depends hugely on the support of fans...in this fiercely competitive world, actors are selected based on their market value which depends heavily on their fan-following!

Hence, being a die-hard, passionate fan myself, would like to raise a very pertinent question...

Does the sense of accountability of an actor not include the basic requirement of having respect for fans and their intelligence, no matter what their age or type on actors' fanpages, forums, etc...or even those countless, nameless, faceless fans who simply switch on their TV sets diligently day after day, unconditionally, just to view their fav actor/actress ??!! (am citing the television industry here for easy recall! πŸ˜›)

Agreed, that actors too, like everybody else have a right to privacy! But if that private space seems intruded, what would be the more accountable thing to do??
Ensure that the private space remains private or completely disregard and disrespect the very identity called 'FANS', by making a complete mockery of their intellect??!!
Is it asking for too much, for an actor to simply be firm in interviews by saying that they do not want to discuss their personal life??!! πŸ˜•
Simply put, one's life need not be an open book, but is it ethically right that the book is actually a "Mills & Boons", but is presented by the author as the next best thing to happen to the literary world after "Pride and Prejudice"??!!! 🀣

Does it not amount to taking the fans' sentiments for a complete ride??!!

Does it not amount to underestimating the fans' mind-boggling mind power??!!

Does it not amount to in a sense, ridiculing the fans' unstinting support...their neverending love...and most importantly, their sense of unshakeable belief??!!!

Are fans so gullible so as to not be able to spot the huge discrepancies between what is said and what actually happens...is it right, and more importantly ethical,  for fans to be taken for granted??!!
Isn't it time that actors recognised that fans are intelligent beings, and are fully capable of appreciating an actor irrespective of his/her personal status...
Is there really any need to misrepresent facts and mislead in the process??!!

In conclusion, will sum up my post by bringing to the fore a very simple fact...

We are all mere mortals...if some mere mortals cease to be mere, and become celebrities instead, the fans' unconditional love, support, adulation, and most importantly belief has a HUGE role to play in the same...

It is high time that actors not just recognise it, acknowledge it...but respect it too!!😊

Cheers!!

Dyotona

Thank you for demanding accountability

And not sweeping it under the carpet

Adulation is not unconditional

Nobody is that exceptional

they can fool themselves all they want

What a shame!

what a let down!

Hoping and parying for a swift crash landing!

rkklover thumbnail
dear dr dsr I am not a regular member here..I am  on and off at all forums once in a blue moon..
i am basically rati/karan kundra/kritika kamra fan.(rkk). But i do follow all  th young male actors closely in all starone shows.

But i have seen u making posts and i have been following the stars for a while

appreciate ur very good writing
u said it all.πŸ‘

and @Aditee hats off dear cant say it any betterπŸ‘

.All characters in the following comments and  purely fictious

i have always wanted to say this

My heartfelt symphaties to those young teenagers and Young

females who inspite of all this cheatings lack of integrity..super fat lies.,

super frauds.,  thinking cheap of fans like ...as a good looking person I   

can  talk anything and at the end of the day show my  bare chest..

shirtless  pass some flirty remarks blow kisses and cover them all and

say I love u all  """ chose to stay with such actors and say we trust u we belive u..we are with u

i wish I bang my heads 

when  required become active all of a sudden in social network post

birthday wishes ...weather reports., wishing good luck for exams  

but at  the same time retaining only supporting comments.,

favourable photos and deleting whatever is felt itrouble some

Talking on tall order about conscience., parents..love.. Indian

upbringing single status., please give contact number I am hard

working etc and just behind after ...saying having a beer bottle posing

compromisngly with some girl  enjoyingπŸ˜†How cool is that taking fans

emotions for a ride..Even the greatest of super stars lack this off

screen talents poor guys end up telling the truth

Buying reporters using friends and anonymously paying the

reporters money to popularise the GF-BF  pair giving spicy chatpata

news on dating and rejections(rejection for sympathy)..., acting as 

though totally ignorantπŸ˜†

not even concerned about giving an apology since a married woman

has been involved..

knowing very well the Girl friend is going to post photos online but

again acting so innocently as though it all came unknown

still telling single after so many questions asked repeatedly on a holiday

removing the conscience  and keeping in the locker

Calulating wrongly tht at the end of the day all can be covered by false charms..fair skins and few dashing and stylish activities

Wait and see time will answer all this

Because Never in the  long history of man kind  has dishonesty/cheating/fraud/lied/lackof character/lack of integrity has risen to great heights

never...has straight forwardness /honesty and truth was kept in the dark for long..

The  success  for dishonesty may come ...But it will definitley be temporaryand wil not last for long..

once your reputation is lost which is the case now 

No amount of any damn thing can ever bring it back..Thi  is the hard core truth  whether u are going to accept it or not

Edited by rkklover - 12 years ago
roadsidejunkey thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@Di..too gud apt timing indeed...the DEBACLE is yet to Follow!Will be waiting for it...the creatives cn throw in Sme bed scene or Shower scene which wud lead into sme 25,000 odd fan following bt RESPECT will be a Distant Dream!!
SachDJ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Nice observations Doc. Aditee,  Well written indeed!! :)
SPN_JD_Addicted thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: deepa_01

@Di..too gud apt timing indeed...the DEBACLE is yet to Follow!Will be waiting for it...the creatives cn throw in Sme bed scene or Shower scene which wud lead into sme 25,000 odd fan following bt RESPECT will be a Distant Dream!!

Bold-lol.Will look for differences lol

Let's wait for him to clarify though how he is going to do it after this much damage is yet to be seen!

Actors can't say its 'private' when the need arises.They lose their privacy when they decide to enter into an entertainment industry!Hope he understands that and say something soon!I

Edited by SPN_JD_Addicted - 12 years ago
vaish_123 thumbnail
Just want to add my two cents.

I agree actors do have a personal life. But at some point the personal and professional life merges and the actor needs to be accountable .Strictly my POV.

Regarding damage  to any actor's image , God has given a beautiful trait for humans - forgetting .

People forget things and life moves on.

To be accountable or unaccountable is actor's choice.

The choice, the actor makes shows how true he is to himself and to his fans.

@Doc D 

Thanks for the nice post.πŸ‘

Edited by rbofan1 - 12 years ago
roadsidejunkey thumbnail
@Smitha di...ur comment brought a smile to my Face thanx!!doesn't the one EXCELS in all dat... Offscreen practice..aur kya!!lmao
-YasharanArshi- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Nice Post ... As Always !!!
Lets Wait and Watch !!!!

Doc - Your English Is Mindblowing ... Jai Ho !
Edited by rbo_d_best - 12 years ago