Rang Badalti Odhani

Sudama to enter Khandelwal House

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Sudama to enter the Khandelwal house

Veteran actor and director Anant Mahadevan will soon make an entry in Rang Badalti Odhani on STAR One as Sudama, Sunil's friend from their village.

Sudama calls Sunil Krishna. Sudama is an average villager, and proud to be one. He doesn't like the city life, but is very attached to Sunil. Sudama, with his uncouth manners, expressive views, and orthodox attitude will create havoc in the Khandelwal family. In a tete-a-tete, Anant reveals his reasons for taking up the show and coming back to television.

What is the purpose of your visit to your friend's house?

Well, that is a secret. However, I can tell you that Sudama's entry in Krishna's [Sunil] house will create trouble and turn their lives topsy turvy. But later, the true reason for his visit will be revealed. He wants what is best for Krishna.

What is the importance of friendship in life?

Friendship in life is like water to a plant. It is essential. I feel there is no life without friends. But, alas, when life moves on, we take our friends for granted. That creates distance.

Does friendship change with status?

At times, it does. I feel it also depends from person to person. But then, every relationship changes over time - be it between a parent and child, wife and husband or siblings. It basically boils down to how much value your friend holds in your life.

Do you think money affects friendship?

Yes, it does, unfortunately. In this materialistic world, it is impossible to keep the two apart. You might want to simply buy an expensive gift or treat your friend to a fancy restaurant, and if he is unable to afford the same, the gesture will leave him feeling lacking than cherished as friend.

Do you think money is the cause of many divides?

Yes. Money is invariably is a hot cause of many divides, but again, money can come between two people only if you let it. Other people, their perspective and opinions also affect relationships.

What changes have you found in your friend, Sunil Khandelwal?

He is the same [smiles], and I am glad to meet him after such a long time. In fact, he still loves and cherishes his friendship with Sudama, but Sudama is a bit envious of him for amassing so much wealth. We all have our flaws. While Sudama's envy will lead him to doing something, Krishna's ego will egg him on to a different path in the show.

What do you think of the friendship of Lord Krishna and Sudama?

It is a classic tale of love and friendship. It is a lesson we should all learn about friendship and what it really means. Krishna never meets Sudama, but gives him the respect of his equal because he is his friend and not because of his financial condition. That is what true friendship means.

Why did you choose to do the role of Sudama?

I wanted to be back on television, and this was a good opportunity for me. This two-episode role was not only interesting, but also helped me continue with my record. Since I began acting 26 years ago, I have worked every year on television. Even when I began focusing on films in the last ten years, I ensured that I did at least one show a year.

What do you think of the show Rang Badalti Odhani?

The show was extremely popular in the drama-comedy format. Now that it is turning into a sit-com, I hope it continues with the success.

What kind of look are you sporting in the show?

I start with a simple village look, with a kurta-pyjama and shawl. Later, I try out T-shirts, jeans, and even a suit.

Did you have to do any special preparation for the role?

Not really. It was fun playing a villager and getting into the character.

How is it working with the team?

The team is quite dedicated and hard working. I enjoyed working with them.

What lesson do you, as Anant, learn from the Sudama- Krishna story?

To look at friends for their personality and their value in your life, and not be friends with them for their bank balance.

How has television changed over the years?

It has changed a lot. Earlier, there were show makers who were passionate about telling stories. We had serials by famous directors like Basu Chatterjee, Sai Paranjpe and Anand Mahendroo, but today, it is a corporate world where the episode is shot during the day and aired in the evening. I hope good, talented storytellers return to television.

Which current television actor you find very promising? Why?

That is tough to answer, as today, TV stars don't have much life. While their show is on, they bask in the popularity and enjoy success, but once the show is off air, they are on the back burner. After two shows, most of these new faces disappear. From the earlier lot, talented actors like Rakesh Bedi and Satish Shah are still around and doing well. How many actors from today's lot will be acting 20 years later? The last set of actors I worked with - Sumeet Raghavan, Jayati Bhatia, Swapnil Joshi and Ali Asgar - are all excellent actors, and I see hope for them.

Kavita Awaasthi /Hill Road Media
Monday, May 16, 2011

http://www.starone.in/news/1739/sudama-to-enter-the-khandelwal-house.aspx
Edited by Armu4eva - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

The_May_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for the article Tanu...

Looking forward to tonight's episode😊...
-mesmerised- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for the article. :)

Liked his answers, he sounds like a level-headed person.
Armu4eva thumbnail
Hoping its an interesting entry..
NinjaInPyjamas thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for the article Tanu di...

I hope its as enjoyable as Sasha😳
Prernarbofan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
enjoyed his answers he seems fun cant wait for tonight to see him