Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: akanna

Yes, I am also watching the DID1 finale while posting on IF!! 😃 I wish they had mentioned it was DID1 finale, so I could have recorded it from the start! Now I missed the first part but still watched a bunch of TL and TKT preformances, including Mayu's Dil Se, Jai-Vrushu Hai Rama, TL's special act, Alisha's act, Alisha-Salman duet, etc!!! 😃

Yes, Terence and Vrushali have wonderful eye expressions!! They both are equal in that!!! During DID1, Terence used to talk to his team dancers through his eyes, esp when they were scared, nervous, and feeling low... He used to reassure them and shows his support without saying any words to them.. It was WONDERFUL to watch all that!!! 😳 😃

I saw Alisha-Salman also! I loved that duet..fantastic choreography by Terence :D I missed Alisha's solo and Mayu's Dil se 😭 Anyways I think the best part of the finale is over...😆 I saw Jai's elimination too 😭 I HATED how when they eliminated him, he was all alone on stage. I'm so glad they fixed that in DID2. Terence didn't expect Jai to get out..it was obvious and he was really upset

Agreed..Terence's bond with his contestants was very endearing. I remember after Vrush's Salaam-E-Ishq, he just spoke through his eyes..about how much the performances meant to him and she got it. Ahh I want him back :( He is the jaan of DID.
akanna thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: chocolover89

I saw Alisha-Salman also! I loved that duet..fantastic choreography by Terence :D I missed Alisha's solo and Mayu's Dil se 😭 Anyways I think the best part of the finale is over...😆 I saw Jai's elimination too 😭 I HATED how when they eliminated him, he was all alone on stage. I'm so glad they fixed that in DID2. Terence didn't expect Jai to get out..it was obvious and he was really upset

Agreed..Terence's bond with his contestants was very endearing. I remember after Vrush's Salaam-E-Ishq, he just spoke through his eyes..about how much the performances meant to him and she got it. Ahh I want him back :( He is the jaan of DID.

Yes, Terence's GREAT choreo for that duet!!! Also one of my most fav duet in DID1 is Salman-Alisha Masakali act, which was also choreographed by Terence!!! ⭐️ 👏 😃

Yes, Jai's elimination as 4th was a shocker, and it still is when I watch it again!! I am pretty sure he wasnt 4th because he was leading as #1 the week before... Even with all the fans of other three voting like crazy, Jai's fans would have voted like crazy for him as well... He should have been second at least... Well it's past now, and cannot be changed...

Yes, when Vrushali was in kasauti, and when Alisha was in kasauti, they looked at Terence with so much sadness in their eyes, and he reassured them everything will be okay, through his eyes!!! And they nodded at him as their acknowledgment!! Wow, I still remember those moments - some very precious unforgettable moments for me!! 😃
gilmores thumbnail
Salman-Alisha Masakali act was great. That was one of my most fav duets from Salman. :D Terence 😍

Akanna, all reality shows are scripted..nobody ever knows if the actual winner was the winner on his/her own without hampering by the channel. All we can do is accept it and be happy for them I guess. Anyways winning isn't everything :) The show can only give you a platform to showcase your talent..the real battle begins when you leave the show.

Yeah I remember quite a few small but poignant moments like these from DID1 as well :)
akanna thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: chocolover89

Salman-Alisha Masakali act was great. That was one of my most fav duets from Salman. :D Terence 😍

Akanna, all reality shows are scripted..nobody ever knows if the actual winner was the winner on his/her own without hampering by the channel. All we can do is accept it and be happy for them I guess. Anyways winning isn't everything :) The show can only give you a platform to showcase your talent..the real battle begins when you leave the show.

Yeah I remember quite a few small but poignant moments like these from DID1 as well :)

I agree with ya, Choco... But the result bothers me due to some other reasons... Anyway, those are my personal thoughts... So yeah, the show only gives them all a platform to display their talent and gain popularity so that they will get more chances to expand their career as well... 😃
gilmores thumbnail

Originally posted by: akanna

I agree with ya, Choco... But the result bothers me due to some other reasons... Anyway, those are my personal thoughts... So yeah, the show only gives them all a platform to display their talent and gain popularity so that they will get more chances to expand their career as well... 😃

Akanna I know what you mean. When the result was announced, I was soo upset. No doubt all 4 dancers in the finale were amazing dancers but I really thought Jai got the short end of the stick after proving himself WAY more than the others. I wish the result was different..heck I wish some others like Mayuresh, Bhavna, Vrushali didn't get out when they did..but all of them are doing well in their own careers..and at the end of the day that's what matters:)
JilyPotter thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
This is completely my opinion...So no offence...

I dont believe that Amar should be at fault here. Jai was reasonable in his stance to a certain point till he cracked it. Yes, you can be jumbled after realizing that is the wrong song and your mind is hectic and scared (has happened to me before) but you dont stop in a performance you continue (which is exactly what i did, improv) and no one even figures it out because its a solo until you and Amar compete it out together. It was compeletly unreasonable.

And after the judges have given you another chance you dont perform weaker you go stronger. I clearly saw that when Amar and Jai were having the actually takkar that Jai wasnt given all the energy that Amar was actually giving. If you have just annoyed the judges a little and you want to make the performance a hundred times better so you dont leave room for them to criticize, because in the end they judge your DANCING. 

And Amar to me deserved his 10's. He was clean and neat and extremely precise, and he gave that energy which was lost. And he played his part throughout the entire performance, never breaking character, and that's exactly what makes a performance worth watching. 

And all the extra fighting. It wasnt as if the two teams started just because someone had to start. I thought it was Siddesh who spoke out first. But as he was trying to defend his own teammate, it was okay. Which lead Jalwa to yell back. And Amrita yelling is no surprise to me. She has always been loud and open-minded about facts. Whether they are positive or negative. It doesnt matter. Kruti for me came as a shock, but she was trying to defend her teammate as well and it came at the price at yelling at Jai, which was kind of going far. But everyone isnt perfect, they have there days.  

Anger comes to everyone. And Jalwa would have the right to be mad that their teammate is affected by what is happening. And Josh has the right because their teammate is already affected, or rather caused, due to circumstances. 

After the round Jai acted extremely immature. Being rude to the judges, i really cant stand that. Okay you are a little frazzled that doesnt mean your manners go down the drain for you seniors. And Geeta was right, you dont even know the scores and you are telling the judges to make them lose and he wants to quit. that is the limit. Judges give everything on dancing and presentation and execution and the CD thing wasnt your fault completely than what would make you think that they are going to purposely make you lose. You can hold your comments and concerns till after the score are announced. It wasnt his day. I am grateful that he asked for forgiveness. And both teams consoled him. Which is true sportsmanship. Esp. Dharmesh. 

He even hugged Siddesh after his performance to Geeta Ma when Siddesh was crying. He is just amazing. 

And i respect the judges decision to cancel the scores but i felt sorry for Amar who worked hard to earn his 10s.

And last thing. The whole DID1 made the house but DID 2 the palace thing. If DID 1 didnt stretch this thing so far than DID 2 would have never come back with a remark. But the remark they came up with is correct.

DID 1 made it a home with standard and expectations and created the whole surrounding. And DID 2 came a lived to those standards, expectations and created bigger ones. Isnt that what it is. Making the foundation of house bigger that it become a palace. And that is exactly what they did. 
But in the end your adding to the ground roots that are based off of dancing. And who knows that DID 3 makes it swarg.  

Sorry for my rambling. Hope it made sense. 

"EDIT"

forgot to talk about Kishore. Who this topic is about. I have always loved Kishore. From the beginning. He is truly humble and takes his mistakes to the heart and improve on them whole-heartedly. He is very sweet and kind and i love him for that. And yes it was great that he didnt react to the situation. It truly increased my respect for him  
Edited by PurplePetal - 12 years ago