Laagi Tujhse Lagan

India-Forums

Laagi Tujhse Lagan
Laagi Tujhse Lagan

Tweeting celebrities risk boring fans: Survey (Page 2)

TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 1:38am | IP Logged
@Meenaxi: There should be a balance between maintaining one's own privacy and intrigue vs connecting with fans. Big B thruout his heydays never did a single endorsement. In fact at one time he didnt speak to the media for 5 years! Salman too had banned the media at one point. But those days are gone...and perhaps only huge superstars like Big B and Salman can carry it off.
Overall I prefer Aamir's policy who comes to the limelight only when he has to talk abt his work that too he does judiciously. Rest of the time he prefers to disappear and lets the media do as they please.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Fatima82-Roopa-mnx12Pooja_219ivy_11-Carrie-Hamlet53

Pooja_219 IF-Dazzler
Pooja_219
Pooja_219

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 2:07am | IP Logged
Thanks Shreya for sharing this article.Thumbs Up
I have always believed that it is wrong of fans wanting to know about the star's personal life.I would rather love to read or discuss about their work.

MR does have mystery around him & that is what always keeps his fans guessing about his next move,which in a way is good.
But,like Ritz said he should not disappear for longer periodLOL

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

Fatima82pbtghosh-Roopa-mnx12ivy_11-Carrie--Ritz-Hamlet53TheRager

Wanderbug IF-Dazzler
Wanderbug
Wanderbug

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 2:42am | IP Logged
I agree...i would like to read about what my favorite actors are working on, how they are preparing to get into the skin of character rather than hearing what they did last night or whom they are dating...

As a matter of fact i loved the articles where Amitabh shared his experience about talking with mine workers in Chota Nagpur plateau for shooting "kala pattar" and then his 6-8 hrs makeup routine for "paa"...shows how much they invested to intrigue us viewers..that makes me feel special...bcoz that person, that artist is doing it to please me..the audience..this shows that they know we are not foolish to tolerate crap on such sensitive issues and they want to make our viewing experience that much more real and authentic..

I read on net that Daniel day Lewis wanted to portray the paralyzed artist so truthfully for his movie "MY left Foot" that he started living in that acute posture day and night for 6-7 months, employing special people to take care of him...infact he harmed his natural posture so badly that he bent his left ribs by unnatural continuous bend...it took him physiotherapy to get back in shape after movie was released so that he can participate in screening ceremonies...late Heath Ledger went into exile for 6 months to without TV,newspaper,mobile and stellite...away from girlfriend and partner and his kid to get into the psych of homicidal killer Joker for "The dark knight".

And Mishal...he once said that he watched Amitabh's deewar, Agnipath and Al Pachino's Scarface, the godfather,Goodfellas to get into the skin of his character as Dutta Bhau...even his neck jerking is  reminiscence of Tony Montana...his quick silver anger destructive rage and daredevil steak was so bad boyish and attractive...and that's what caught me to the show...even his getting swotted to shoot for the first wedding sequence showed that much commitment.

And that's why I respect the guy...why should i care if he is not so perfect in real life..none of us are...are we? I would rather have them be perfect in what they do for us and what they are being paid for..rest as they say is behind their closed doors!

Edited by shilpita87 - 16 May 2011 at 4:23am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

-Roopa-mnx12Pooja_219ivy_11-Carrie-Hamlet53TheRager

-Carrie- IF-Rockerz
-Carrie-
-Carrie-

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 3:24am | IP Logged
Hi ShreyaSmile

Apt article & true in every sense. Thanks for sharing. This is the exact reason the only movies I watched in the last three years are the Harry Potter series. I see so much of these "stars" on TV that I do not feel up to go watch them in their movies again.No offence to Ranbir Kapoor fans but I saw a lot of his off screen footage which has put me off his movies so much that I haven't seen his single film. He may be a good actor but I couldn't appreciate the type of person he comes across due to so much over exposure. Whereas in Mishal's case its only & only through his work that we know him & hence love him so much that its unbearable to hear even a word against him. I'm totally loving this reserve about him.And it is not a calculated move on his part I feel. Else we would surely have seen some strategically placed interviews or news about him often. 
The man never ceases to amaze me.Now seeing Mishal conduct himself this way I too feel I shouldn't have been shouting from the IF rooftop about my love for DSPLOL

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Fatima82pbtghosh-Roopa-mnx12WanderbugPooja_219-Ritz-TheRager

Ashima_Mishal Goldie
Ashima_Mishal
Ashima_Mishal

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 5:37am | IP Logged
Hey roopa beautiful profile pic! Wow how lovely
ivy_11 IF-Rockerz
ivy_11
ivy_11

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 7:52am | IP Logged
The Mishal mystery and exclusiveness adds to the magic of MR. But I would certainly appreciate some info/news regarding his professional life..once in a while.
His personal life is no concern of mine.

Thanks for sharing ShreyaSmile
-Swasti- IF-Dazzler
-Swasti-
-Swasti-

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 9:01am | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing it. Hug
Yah, i too agree with it. As far as Mishal's popularity is concerned, if he begins to respond to his fans, OMG i wonder he would not get the time to even go to Washroom LOL. Its better to keep a low profile. I personally sent him over 20 messages on FB but i never expected a reply from him. Bcoz i knew he wouldn't. And i'm okay with it. Just to write him some words is enough. He surely has an idea about how we feel for him and how we're feeling after his departure from the show.

I don't want to offend anyone, but some FB/tweet users really are the limit. I wonder how much time they spend in chasing the celebrities. Confused

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

TheRager

TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 9:38am | IP Logged
Most fans are rude on the internet. SRK had stopped tweeting becuz he was hurt by the constant insults on twitter.

Go to top