India-Forums

Laagi Tujhse Lagan
Laagi Tujhse Lagan

Tweeting celebrities risk boring fans: Survey

TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 10:40pm | IP Logged
A few days back there was a controversal thread on Mishal's ego. The topic starter thought MR should interact with fans regularly thru social networking sites. Whereas some felt MR is better off retaining his mystique. I found yesterday an interesting survey done on the phenomena of stars interacting with fans thru social networking site. I sharing the article with you.

Tweeting celebrities risk boring fans: survey

' Fri May 13, 9:26 am ET

LONDON (Reuters) ' Celebrities who bombard fans with Twitter updates are likely to have shorter careers than those who maintain an aura of mystique, according to a survey.

Easy access to stars through social networking websites has made them less appealing and increases the likelihood of followers getting bored, music consumer research by publishers Bauer Media said.

"In this social media age, it's all too easy to follow your musical icons on a minute-by-minute basis. There's a consensus within the industry that this ease of access is leading to artists losing appeal more quickly," the Phoenix IV report said.

The music industry is starting to consider restricting access to certain types of artists in an attempt to boost their staying power in popular culture and lengthen their careers, it added.

Although younger fans surveyed said they were thrilled by the idea of 24-hour access to their favorite stars, older respondents said their interest was tempered by a hankering for the days when stars were "more special."

"Meeting bands isn't about waiting for 10 hours outside a gig these days -- you can buy a day out with your favorite band. But separation can be good -- knowing too much can kill off rock stars," said Nichola Browne, former editor of music magazine Kerrang!

Many celebrities have embraced Twitter as a way of communicating day-to-day musings as well promotional material with fans.

Tweets on singer Katy Perry's page include: "What does it mean when you see the number 33 all the time? For instance, I've seen it over 7 times today."

While actress Demi Moore, one of Twitter's most prolific celebrity users with over 3.5 million followers, wrote on Friday: "Kind of digging soft curls with a side part. A good change from straight with a middle part?"

(Reporting by Nia Williams; Editing by Steve Addison)

Link:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110513/od_nm/us_twitter_celebrities_odd

Want to stay sexy? Don't tweet!

International survey says stars should avoid giving out intimate details to maintain their aura of mystique

Ismat Tahseen

Internationally it has been a trend for years for celebs to connect with their fans on Twitter. Singer Katy Perry uses the social networking site to give fans a peek into her behind-thescenes concert look, popstar Miley Cyrus talks about "radiating love" and Britney Spears about how she's about to make "homemade sweet tea" on each of their virtual spaces. In India, 2010 saw the entry of the creamy layer of celebrities making their presence felt on the micro-blogging site. Actors use the microblogging site to tweet their thoughts and share pictures of their upcoming movies. But can such a 'constant connect' make the stars lose their sex appeal? A new music consumer research seems to suggest so. Bollywood clears the air...

Just a peek-a-boo?

That's the mantra for actress Divya Dutta. "I woudn't tweet constantly and say 'getting into a car' and 'now on the highway', but I feel just a peek-a-boo or an insight into one's life is always nice. Like, I recently cut my hair and said that on the site and the response was great," she reveals. And does Dutta feel too much of such parley removes that aura of mystique that celebs are associated with. "No, I disagree. In today's times, with reality TV, anyway stars are right in your front rooms."

It does help

Abhishek Bachchan says he likes to tweet non-stop sometimes and sometimes he won't say much at all, which is typical of his zodiac sign. Gul Panag, who tweets several times a day, says it cuts both ways. "There is a degree of merit in the theory. The more you know of someone or something, the less enigmatic it is. However, getting to know more about someone can always be a revelation, sometimes positive. In any case, these are not Greta Garbo times of reclusive solitude."

Times are changing

Says Dia Mirza, "I believe that in a changing world, the traditional perception of "the aura of mystery" around an actor is fast changing. The site brings actors closer to their fans and audiences. It is also a platform that raises awareness for social causes, social and political opinion. In today's times it goes a great distance in building what I would call "the aura" of the individual." Adds photographer Atul Kasbekar, "If you put every nauseating detail, no-one would be interested but giving out fun stuff might be a good thing."

Source: TOI Mumbai, May 18

Edited by kshreya2002 - 17 May 2011 at 6:16pm

The following 20 member(s) liked the above post:

Fatima82pbtghoshneets_ltlyoyo2-Roopa-mnx12Pooja_219sub_rosadivy609Ani_La_IamWarda.ivy_11-Carrie--Ritz-ShuVin-Azy-Hamlet53Prinsesse.SuviMoon_LoversKhushix29

Ashima_Mishal Goldie
Ashima_Mishal
Ashima_Mishal

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 10:58pm | IP Logged
Hey shreya thanks for sharing it :D I too saw that thread and i agree mishal must maintain that mystique ;) im first lol to reply yipeee

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Fatima82ShuVinTheRager

-Ritz- IF-Rockerz
-Ritz-
-Ritz-

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 11:46pm | IP Logged
yes yes I agree with this article. DancingThat mystery/mystique nature of an actor amazes me. MR has mystery written all over him. LOL but he should not just completely disappear like he did after Love story. itni badi mystery bhi nehi chahiye. LOL
Thanks for sharing shreya. Hug

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

Fatima82pbtghoshyoyo2-Roopa-Pooja_219ShuVin-Carrie-Prinsesse.SuviTheRager

-Roopa- Goldie
-Roopa-
-Roopa-

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 11:55pm | IP Logged

Thanks Ksh for sharing..
It is very true...there must be a good balance between interacting with the fans and keeping that mystique nature about oneself...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Pooja_219-Carrie-TheRager

mnx12 Moderator
mnx12
mnx12

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 12:22am | IP Logged

Thanks for sharing, there should be a mystery, to maintain their privacy & to retain interest about the actor. Too much exposure, kills the interest of viewers, & they start  feeling, there is nothing more for that actor to offer. Smile

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Fatima82pbtghoshivy_11-Carrie-

TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 1:00am | IP Logged
@Meenaxi: These days I feel the same abt my favorite SRK. Though I still enjoy his work. But I'd rather read, see or hear less about him. Some other celebs like Katrina, Priyanka, Deepika are over-exposed too.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

mnx12-Carrie-

kiran255 IF-Dazzler
kiran255
kiran255

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 1:21am | IP Logged
Shreya 
this is what i call !

Enth ka jawan pathar say !

I like the way Mishal is !

and i really like teh article,

thanks for sharing !

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Fatima82mnx12ivy_11-Carrie-Hamlet53TheRager

mnx12 Moderator
mnx12
mnx12

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 1:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kshreya2002

@Meenaxi: These days I feel the same abt my favorite SRK. Though I still enjoy his work. But I'd rather read, see or hear less about him. Some other celebs like Katrina, Priyanka, Deepika are over-exposed too.
This new trend of promoting films at every possible event , tv shows & speaking about their character, story, many times works against them, as viewers make up their mind based on these promotions about watching or not watching the film. Reasulting in many films being declared as flop on 1st or 2nd day. Earlier due to less promotion atleast someone would go to theaters to watch. Dharmendra had said before YPG, today every star is a hawker, wanting to sell their movie.Smile 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Pooja_219ivy_11-Carrie-TheRager

Go to top