Navya

May 13th: Things I liked (Page 2)

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 6:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by slmu

Nice analysis as usual.

I just watched a repeat of the episode nd have to agree with ur point about it being well written. At the hands of more seasoned actors, it would have perhaps worked better.

Have not said anything about Soumya's acting before now bcos I did not want to offend any fans, but she should invest in some acting classes. Shaheer is better, but not in the last scene and hug.

All in all, this does not bode well for romantic scenes in the near future. Hope Im proved wrong.

Thanks :-) And I agree with you about Soumya's acting (she could do with some voice modulation classes I'd say) and Shaheer's as well is patchy and OTT sometimes...he did well in the epi otherwise but the last bit with the hug fell flat.

And didn't anyone else just HATE that "pehla pyaaar"song?? Seriously damn useless song...the earlier bits had the instrumental version of their usual song so that was much better.

At this point, the romantic chemistry b/w AN can't come out if Soumya will only give her standard scared /grossed out expression, I agree...so either they put off the romance development for a while or she needs to fix that overnightLOL

The epi and especially the last scene with Navya awkwardly explaining her feelings would have turned out MUCH better at the hands of a more seasoned actor no doubt.

Edited by nureat01 - 16 May 2011 at 7:02am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Peace67sajni786

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 6:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by laddoo598

Very well written post..Agree with you totally..
Actually I liked the whole confession part a lot..It wasn't your typical confession scene shown in every other serial..The subtlety of the dialogues impressed me and I was all warm and gooey inside..Anant's proclamation that she is the one who is making him do all this..And Navya saying that she likes to be with him, talk with him..and doesn't know why she is behaving out of her character just for him..Much better than saying "I love you"..Besides IMO they still dont know each other enough to be In Love..The confession scene for me established that they both have feelings for each other and they are now ready to move their relationship to the dating phase..The episode was very well written..After a long time I saw Anant back to his usual self..He was calm, quiet, sensible which was a nice change from the "high on candy" Anant..@Bold: Ditto...completely agree with all these points...that is why I liked the scene as well...it wasn't a typical ILU type confession but a simple verbalizing of their new feelings as they know them at this point...an ILU would be jarring...I agree with your point that they don't even know each other well enough to be really in love at this point...so what they verbalized for now makes sense...but I don't know if either of them is ready to move to the dating phase either...well actually I guess they in a sense have been "dating" informally seeing his insistence on wanting to spend time with her...but now it would be more of an "awareness" so to speak of WHY they want to spend time with each other?

I am completely overlooking the hug as I still think it did not fit into the flow of the episode..Maybe we all would have liked it better if the actors did not look so terribly uncomfortable with each other..LOL I'm also overlooking the hug for now cuz it does not fit into the flow of the epi IMO either...but then I guess the hug is now going to be the next drama issue b/w them so it can't be ignored in a sense eitherOuchLOL...if he tries to kiss her pretty soon per the promo, THAT will be very out of character for Anant I feelConfused...also yes the comfort factor b/w the two actors really needs to be built up much better before any of these kind of romantic scenes can even be attempted or it's going to look even more awkwardConfused
Peace67 IF-Sizzlerz
Peace67
Peace67

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 6:59am | IP Logged
I prefer the instrumental version of the usual song better as well. Pehla pyaar is irritating.

Forgot to say that I agree with you about Renuka. So far her character is far more believable than any of Anant's family.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AreYaar

TheFaerieQueen IF-Rockerz
TheFaerieQueen
TheFaerieQueen

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 7:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

Originally posted by sajni786

I wanna add here...I have seen many ppl complain here in the forum that she is jealous of Navya...but honestly...its not jealousy...its rather her helplessness to give her life the direction she wants...its her self pity that she never got the opportunity or rather never took the courage to detour her singlehood days despite the strict regulations at home...and like I mentioned above...its her built over the time frustration for being deprived from many things she wud have want to do in life!!!
Exactly...this is her helplessness, self-pity which has developed over time into extreme frustration and bitterness...I find it very very human...she isn't jealous...she just feels so helpless when it comes to her own life and she doesn't know what to do...so she lashes out at her own ppl from time to time...but I don't doubt her love and concern for Navya...why does everyone forget that SHE was the one who helped Navya leave the house that day to go for the engagement in the first place?? She is just being a protective older sister...and the only thing she envies Navya for is managing to be able to make her own decisions which she never got the chance to make...she doesn't HATE Navya for that...it's sad that ppl make Renu so one-dimensional when she's not.

..U hit the bulls eye here!!!...Yes even I felt that ...liked I mentioned above...Navya's truth to him gave him the sudden jolt that something is brewing within Navya...he  became intrigued...n he became intrigued more coz somewhere he realized that Navya's doings for him are closely matching his doings n intentions for her as well...and he needed to get answers...for her n for him self...and he knew from his past experiences with her...that wateva happens but Navya will have to give in to him n his demands...and thus he imposed himself on her!! I still wouldn't say he imposed himself on her in that moment...he genuinely just tried to get answers out of her...insisting even if she tried to side-step his questions or lie to him...but he persisted because those questions had become crucial for both him and her and it was time for answers straight up...lol...I think I'd use the word persisted more than imposed at that point...haan the hug can be called more of an imposed momentLOL

True dat!!!...Navya was being honest...she was speaking her true emotions n sentiments to him...wat however I cudnt comprehend with this scene was the timing in which she unfolded it...I  mean...Knowing Navya ...who otherwise takes centuries to take permision for picnic from her dad...who had to bare all of Anant tantrums n dhamkis to finally give in to him ...both during nimisha's engagement n submitting picnic forms...gave in so easily to blurt out her true feelings to Anant...Its a huge thing considering her BG...and lets say even if we say that she is naive to her feelings...still for her to blurt out the feelings in 1 try of Anant without him having to do any tantrums...is not jelling well with me...thisis where I began to see the rush of the track!!.. You know I don't find this bit to be rushed actually...and I'll tell you why...yes Navya is otherwise a ridiculous slowpoke who takes a century to get to the point of anything...but in that moment for her to express her feelings was not rushed...she did try to avoid it as much as she could...but if you look at the past history of AN's convos...they do end up telling each other what they feel in a sense without fully being able to understand what those feelings are...what Navya said to him in that bit was actually a very Navya like set of things to say...the way she haltingly mentioned how she's started to lie so much to everyone now and she doesn't know why...then mentioning that she likes talking to him, being around him...this was said in a totally innocent/guileless manner without any intention of a "confession" so to speak...Anant basically pulled it out of her but she's mused about it to herself many times before...and when it comes to Anant, Navya has surprisingly taken initiative in the past one other time as well...getting his number during the Sonia fiascoLOL...he insisted that she be honest and those little touches in that scene were believable to me...the way he asks her and somehow she gathers the courage to tell him...the scene didn't need tantrums...Anant was so insistent and firm...but not in an OTT manner...he asked her nicely I'd say.

What's interesting about this scene to me is that it did build up on AN's past interactions in some sense...there's been a lot of subtle undercurrents to many of their scenes that they are both aware of but haven't discussed upfront before...but given how much their impulsiveness has been growing out of control recently...especially in Anant's case *rolls eyes*...things had to come to a head in a sense...that Navya went through all this effort to get off the bus...lie for that...that he went through so much effort just cuz he wanted to go with her and that's all he knew...these questions needed answers there and Navya held out as long as she could but ultimately had to answer those questions...somehow it did seem credible to me personally.

Once again...I agree...yes...if u see the scene a few times...U can see the change of expressions on Anant's face the moment he recollects the words "tum paas hote ho toh acha lagta hai"...its like an expression of sudden realization ...and he immediately turns around n runs n hugs Navya...But I must say...this part was not executed well by Shaheer...in that...that change of expression was not so clear n evident which shud have been to make the hug look more convincing...The worst bit of execution was honestly the turn around and RUN part of it...LOL...it just ended up looking sooo hilariousLOL...that's the bit where Shaheer and honestly the director as well should have watched out for how this is coming out visuallyConfusedLOL

.If u re watch the epi a few times...then only 1 can understand that the episode was about both Anant n Navya speaking...evaluting n then realizing their emotions and the changes that these emotions are bringing in them...its WASNT a confession epi...it was simply coming to terms of their feelings Exactly...I completely agree...it's only after watching the whole epi and the last scene again that I could reach this conclusion as well...this was an epi for evaluation of the changes that have been happening for a while...a realization of those...not a proper confession so to speak.

...and being put in the right track of thots to enable them to confess their love for each other...and this is where the lack of acting skills of actors...the sincerity of the director and the cleverness of the cameraman failed to deliver!!!
Yes, the director did fail on some major counts I'd say...firstly he REALLY needs to pay closer attention to Soumya's acting and reduce the focus on her shifty eyed, over scared expressions...secondly, the hug was an epic fail and they could honestly have put in something else instead of the hug...maybe just left it at Anant being thoughtful and they could have waited to show their comfort level developing some more before going for the hug.

@italics seriously the only awkward part i found from Anant was the turnaround and the cross between run and walk LOL and soumya's expressions other wise i dont think there is anything to complain about. 
without-fathom IF-Rockerz
without-fathom
without-fathom

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 7:34am | IP Logged
You're not the worst case Nur - I only just got around to watching the episode. To be honest, the extended talks of the hug and whatnot scenes all over the forum sort of set a prejudiced stage for me, and I just didn't feel upto catching the Friday deal. 

Finally I did give in now, since the next episode will air in a few hours - and can I just say I agree with mostly everything you've penned down here. It's as accurate as the analysis can get - if I was the one giving it too - so we're kind of on the same page. 

Not an outright disappointment - certainly not as bad as I was hearing it to be, and some definite scope of surprisingly sound script - minus the hug, or at least the execution of it as such, the episode could have actually gone down for a great Friday close of the week. 

Hoping this Monday will be another like the one just before!

xx
JZee

Peace67AreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 7:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by JZephyr

You're not the worst case Nur - I only just got around to watching the episode. To be honest, the extended talks of the hug and whatnot scenes all over the forum sort of set a prejudiced stage for me, and I just didn't feel upto catching the Friday deal. 

Finally I did give in now, since the next episode will air in a few hours - and can I just say I agree with mostly everything you've penned down here. It's as accurate as the analysis can get - if I was the one giving it too - so we're kind of on the same page. 

Not an outright disappointment - certainly not as bad as I was hearing it to be, and some definite scope of surprisingly sound script - minus the hug, or at least the execution of it as such, the episode could have actually gone down for a great Friday close of the week. 

Hoping this Monday will be another like the one just before!

xx
JZee

Hey JZ...lol I also didn't have much motivation to watch the epi at first since by all descriptions it sounded like it was quite a comedyfest and there wasn't anything redeeming in it...but I finally got some time last night so watched it on a whim and was surprised that I didn't dislike it and rather actually found bits that I liked...lol...so had to make this post to get it out of my systemLOL

Your friend actually got it right I'd say...the one who texted you...we should've listened to herLOL

Yes most definitely it wasn't AS bad as I was reading as well...so I was quite surprised...actually after two days of watching hyper Anant in the most cringe-inducing of avatars, this epi was a welcome relief in many ways (barring the last hug)...I felt they built up the flow to the final conversation well.

But I don't know where this will head from this point...hmmmLOL Let's see what this new week and this Monday brings for us.

without-fathomPeace67

LadyMcbeth IF-Sizzlerz
LadyMcbeth
LadyMcbeth

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 8:04am | IP Logged
Yay! Party My favorite person's post in this forum. What more could I want? Honestly, this post just made my day. Call me a pile on or an opportunist or plain lazy ...*cheeky grin* But I like to piggyback my views on your posts Anu dearie ... simply because you analyze so well. Ab yeh baat alag hai that I may or may not agree on certain points ...LOL But here goes my 2 cents on whatever was weighing on my mind for the past three days:

After watching the episode once again with a much open mind, I must admit that I actually liked the episode up until the "hug" part.

I liked Renuka's outburst and her apparent jealousy with Navya's situation. I liked her mother trying to soothe her ruffled feathers, only to be rebuked and asked to keep quiet. It was such a typical mother-daughter scene that we find in all households. I feel so sorry for Renuka already.

I really liked AN's "bus chudd waa di" conversation and Anant's matter of fact way of telling Navya that he doesn't know why he's acting so weird lately. Even I LOL'ed when Navya said that now she'll have to go back home... Anant's quick thinking for taking the taxi was very masculine (for a lack of a better word). I even liked it that he didn't bother to pick up her luggage like a chivalrous coolie and run towards the taxi. The taxi conversation was very nice, with Anant trying to take the lead for a normal conversation and Navya being awkward despite the fact. It was in many ways symbolic of that traffic crossing scene where Anant takes the onus for leading Navya through the difficult times in their lives. I liked it when Navya innocently lets it slip that she left the bus for him and his curiosity getting piqued to know the reason. Very, very natural scene. I liked it when he asked her to get off the taxi and tell him why she did what she did. I even liked Navya's haltingly admitting that she doesn't know why she's changing either ... At this point, I wish the makers had left the open question hanging in cosmic void ...

Things I did not like:

1) Not only did I not like Navya's mechanical delivery of the 3 dialogues, I personally did not care much for them. I was cringing as she went through her dialogues because I felt that it is too soon for a timid and introvert girl like Navya to "confess" her feelings so soon, unless her life depended on it. You may disagree with this bit, but being an introvert person myself, I know just how difficult it is to talk about your feelings to someone you like. I know she likes Anant. Even then IMHO it was out of character for her to blurt out those 3 dialogues

2) Anant's tubelight like realization and the consequent hug

3) Their expressions as a result of the hug

Like I said in some other post, the fact that they went from liking each other's company to being madly in love in 3 seconds flat made me cringe.

Other than that - I actually liked the episode.

sajni786AreYaar

Dimdim. IF-Rockerz
Dimdim.
Dimdim.

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 8:26am | IP Logged
I am a silent reader. Love the Serial. Enjoyed watching the confession. Excellent dialogues..:) It makes one want to be young again.
@ Thanks for the lovely post. You have analyzed the episode very well. Looking forward to reading more of  your post..
btw, do you remember me? Nureat

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AreYaar

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Navya Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index