Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Peace67 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
I prefer the instrumental version of the usual song better as well. Pehla pyaar is irritating.

Forgot to say that I agree with you about Renuka. So far her character is far more believable than any of Anant's family.
TheFaerieQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

@italics seriously the only awkward part i found from Anant was the turnaround and the cross between run and walk 😆 and soumya's expressions other wise i dont think there is anything to complain about. 
without-fathom thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
You're not the worst case Nur - I only just got around to watching the episode. To be honest, the extended talks of the hug and whatnot scenes all over the forum sort of set a prejudiced stage for me, and I just didn't feel upto catching the Friday deal. 

Finally I did give in now, since the next episode will air in a few hours - and can I just say I agree with mostly everything you've penned down here. It's as accurate as the analysis can get - if I was the one giving it too - so we're kind of on the same page. 

Not an outright disappointment - certainly not as bad as I was hearing it to be, and some definite scope of surprisingly sound script - minus the hug, or at least the execution of it as such, the episode could have actually gone down for a great Friday close of the week. 

Hoping this Monday will be another like the one just before!

xx
JZee
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: JZephyr

You're not the worst case Nur - I only just got around to watching the episode. To be honest, the extended talks of the hug and whatnot scenes all over the forum sort of set a prejudiced stage for me, and I just didn't feel upto catching the Friday deal. 

Finally I did give in now, since the next episode will air in a few hours - and can I just say I agree with mostly everything you've penned down here. It's as accurate as the analysis can get - if I was the one giving it too - so we're kind of on the same page. 

Not an outright disappointment - certainly not as bad as I was hearing it to be, and some definite scope of surprisingly sound script - minus the hug, or at least the execution of it as such, the episode could have actually gone down for a great Friday close of the week. 

Hoping this Monday will be another like the one just before!

xx
JZee

Hey JZ...lol I also didn't have much motivation to watch the epi at first since by all descriptions it sounded like it was quite a comedyfest and there wasn't anything redeeming in it...but I finally got some time last night so watched it on a whim and was surprised that I didn't dislike it and rather actually found bits that I liked...lol...so had to make this post to get it out of my system😆

Your friend actually got it right I'd say...the one who texted you...we should've listened to her😆

Yes most definitely it wasn't AS bad as I was reading as well...so I was quite surprised...actually after two days of watching hyper Anant in the most cringe-inducing of avatars, this epi was a welcome relief in many ways (barring the last hug)...I felt they built up the flow to the final conversation well.

But I don't know where this will head from this point...hmmm😆 Let's see what this new week and this Monday brings for us.
LadyMcbeth thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Yay! 🥳 My favorite person's post in this forum. What more could I want? Honestly, this post just made my day. Call me a pile on or an opportunist or plain lazy ...*cheeky grin* But I like to piggyback my views on your posts Anu dearie ... simply because you analyze so well. Ab yeh baat alag hai that I may or may not agree on certain points ...😆 But here goes my 2 cents on whatever was weighing on my mind for the past three days:

After watching the episode once again with a much open mind, I must admit that I actually liked the episode up until the "hug" part.

I liked Renuka's outburst and her apparent jealousy with Navya's situation. I liked her mother trying to soothe her ruffled feathers, only to be rebuked and asked to keep quiet. It was such a typical mother-daughter scene that we find in all households. I feel so sorry for Renuka already.

I really liked AN's "bus chudd waa di" conversation and Anant's matter of fact way of telling Navya that he doesn't know why he's acting so weird lately. Even I LOL'ed when Navya said that now she'll have to go back home... Anant's quick thinking for taking the taxi was very masculine (for a lack of a better word). I even liked it that he didn't bother to pick up her luggage like a chivalrous coolie and run towards the taxi. The taxi conversation was very nice, with Anant trying to take the lead for a normal conversation and Navya being awkward despite the fact. It was in many ways symbolic of that traffic crossing scene where Anant takes the onus for leading Navya through the difficult times in their lives. I liked it when Navya innocently lets it slip that she left the bus for him and his curiosity getting piqued to know the reason. Very, very natural scene. I liked it when he asked her to get off the taxi and tell him why she did what she did. I even liked Navya's haltingly admitting that she doesn't know why she's changing either ... At this point, I wish the makers had left the open question hanging in cosmic void ...

Things I did not like:

1) Not only did I not like Navya's mechanical delivery of the 3 dialogues, I personally did not care much for them. I was cringing as she went through her dialogues because I felt that it is too soon for a timid and introvert girl like Navya to "confess" her feelings so soon, unless her life depended on it. You may disagree with this bit, but being an introvert person myself, I know just how difficult it is to talk about your feelings to someone you like. I know she likes Anant. Even then IMHO it was out of character for her to blurt out those 3 dialogues

2) Anant's tubelight like realization and the consequent hug

3) Their expressions as a result of the hug

Like I said in some other post, the fact that they went from liking each other's company to being madly in love in 3 seconds flat made me cringe.

Other than that - I actually liked the episode.

Dimdim thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I am a silent reader. Love the Serial. Enjoyed watching the confession. Excellent dialogues..:) It makes one want to be young again.
@ Thanks for the lovely post. You have analyzed the episode very well. Looking forward to reading more of  your post..
btw, do you remember me? Nureat
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: LadyMcbeth

Yay! 🥳 My favorite person's post in this forum. What more could I want? Honestly, this post just made my day. Call me a pile on or an opportunist or plain lazy ...*cheeky grin* But I like to piggyback my views on your posts Anu dearie ... simply because you analyze so well. Ab yeh baat alag hai that I may or may not agree on certain points ...😆 But here goes my 2 cents on whatever was weighing on my mind for the past three days: LOL LadyM, you are cute🤗😆

Things I did not like:

1) Not only did I not like Navya's mechanical delivery of the 3 dialogues, I personally did not care much for them. I was cringing as she went through her dialogues because I felt that it is too soon for a timid and introvert girl like Navya to "confess" her feelings so soon, unless her life depended on it. You may disagree with this bit, but being an introvert person myself, I know just how difficult it is to talk about your feelings to someone you like. I know she likes Anant. Even then IMHO it was out of character for her to blurt out those 3 dialogues Hmmm...honestly I still did not find it out of character...cuz she did not say a cliched "I love you"...she verbalized her feelings and not even in a romantic fashion...but in this extremely confused/naive fashion...I think no matter how much of an introvert a person is, they have shown a gradual bond develop b/w AN...if she wouldn't say this to him at this point, who else would she tell...in a sense it's THEIR "secret" so to speak? On many levels there has been an unspoken understanding of what has been growing b/w them...they are both aware of it but don't speak of it even though the way they look at each other makes them both quite aware that KUCH toh hai...it was that KUCH that Navya verbalized there and on Anant's insistence...it's not like she was JUMPING to say it...THAT would have gone against her introvert character basis

Like I said in some other post, the fact that they went from liking each other's company to being madly in love in 3 seconds flat made me cringe. I don't know about "madly in love" but this had anyways escalated from just liking being in each  other's company when Anant was doing all kinds of crazy impulsive things landing up at her house and her ending up missing the bus on purpose to stay back for him...this had anyways elevated it from 'just liking each other's company' level I guess😆...the hug is the off bit I'd say...that's what was not needed...otherwise the flow was going fine.

Other than that - I actually liked the episode. Me too :-)

AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: KripaRajput

I am a silent reader. Love the Serial. Enjoyed watching the confession. Excellent dialogues..:) It makes one want to be young again.
@ Thanks for the lovely post. You have analyzed the episode very well. Looking forward to reading more of  your post..
btw, do you remember me? Nureat

Hey thanks! :-) Thank you for your reply and hope to read more of your views as well...Ahhh I'm trying to remember😳...did you change your username?
madhu_sridhar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
oh finally anu😊..i thought u meant it when u said u might stop posting  TIL ...phew, sigh of relief...glad u are back to writing it...

ok, now i literally steam-rollered the show and the epi in another thread... but i guess i need someone like u to knock some sense into me...maybe, its just the hug that really dint go down well with me and i sort of got carried away...i'm not taking back all that I've said so far though...coz, even now i feel, some parts of the epi dint live up to my expectations...

for me, the best part of the episode was definitely anant going back to his previous self somewhat ( minus the hug)...the calmness, the composure...it was back again...it was very much evident in the scenes he questioned navya...and yeah the expressions...the ones that he wore on his face as soon as navya blurted out her feelings...pondering as well as serious, they were...if only, the hug hadn't happened, the epi would have actually looked better...i would have preffered anant's silence over the hug in that situation...

ermmm...i'm still undecided on things...things are still moving a bit too fast in my opinion..what i am worried about is that, how much this track will go on to affect the plot as a whole...but as i always keep saying, i'm just way too attached to this show...will continue to love it despite its flaws...

i'm not done yet...coz i have an alternate theory for this rush-up...again i'm more or less copy- pasting my post in another thread...okiez, my guess is that, the creatives are trying to focus on today's relationships...after all, in reality, relationships are instant in today's world ( like u mentioned earlier, two minute noodles)..teenagers are a bit immature these days when it comes to handling relationships...mistaking infatuation for love and all that .. this rush up could have been intentional and genuine by all means...its possible that anant and navya might realise that they have rushed into things and there might be a twist here...a break-up perhaps...following this, they might direct their efforts into understanding each other...and finally, fall in love again, this time with more passion, love and intensity...

i know its pretty lame, but i couldn't stop myself from posting...

Edited by madhu_sridhar - 12 years ago
Crazzmatazz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Apart from the whole 'Pehlaaa' BG, after analysing it for two days, the epi makes a l'le more sense.

But the scene was certainly better edited in the promo. The timimg of the Bekaboo track was Perfect!