Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Omar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Kareena should attend she gives entertainment, Katrina shouldnt go all she's not a natural dancer on stage & expressionless , salman?? is ok on stage but hardly has any impact most of the time 
sheee thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Good. Sit at home and eat pizza.
wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Action Alliance

Sallu, Kat, Bebo May Skip Toronto Awards
Monday, May 16, 2011 (Mumbai)
  Print | A+   A-

In a sudden decision taken last week, Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif and Kareena Kapoor have been ruled out of appearing and performing at an international awards event at Toronto next month.

The change in stance has left award organisers Wizcraft stunned and is believed to be the result of a tussle of power between Salman's brother Sohail and the elder Khan's business manager.

Says an insider, "The award organisers intend to make the Toronto event the biggest spectacle ever.

Since Sal, Kat and Bebo's performances are all handled by Khan's business manager, the backing out is attributed to the fact that the commitment was made to Wizcraft by Sohail's event management company.

The family feud has Sallu's sis Alvira and her husband Atul Agnihotri backing his manager on one side and brothers Sohail and Arbaaz on the other.

"Sallu's business manager and Alvira are very close friends and they didn't like the fact that Sohail made the deal himself," adds the insider.

The official reason given by the three stars is work commitments. Salman and Kareena are shooting for Alvira and Atul's Bodyguard and apparently, there's bound to be a date clash.

The Toronto event is expected to have the likes of Shah Rukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan, Akshay Kumar, Priyanka Chopra, Anushka Sharma, Ranveer Singh, the Deol men, Ranbir, Rishi, Randhir Kapoor and Anil Kapoor and his daughters Sonam and Rhea.

A spokesperson from Wizcraft doesn't deny the story but adds, "We don't comment about the stars and their itineraries. It's a case of work-in-progress."

Salman Khan and his business manager remained unavailable for comment.

Read more at: http://movies.ndtv.com/movie_story.aspx?section=Movies&Id=ENTEN20110175699&keyword=bollywood&subcatg=MOVIESINDIA&nid=106121&cp
wat_up thumbnail

Action Alliance

Was hoping to see Sal-Kat I mean together. I guess they are busy with work😊Edited by wat_up - 12 years ago
Isn't there trouble brewing between the producer brothers too? Sohail and Arbaaz both wanted Salman to start their film but the star picked Sohail.
Katalicious thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
If no Kat, then I won't watch the awards probs. IF Kat, then I won't watch it till August :(
-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Doing it for chillar

Contrary to rumours, Salman Khan will attend the prestigious Indian awards in Toronto in June to promote his first home production

Kunal M Shah

Posted On Saturday, May 28, 2011 at 03:15:55 AM

How far can you go for your first home production? Salman Khan can go half way across the globe to Toronto, Canada.

utting all speculations to rest, the Dabangg man has now declared that he will be attending a prestigious Indian awards ceremony in June, the invite to which he had earlier rumoured to have declined. What's more, the star won't just attend the award function, but also premiere his first home productions' film Chillar Party at the ceremony.

Having taken the marketing reins in his own hands, Khan has been on a promotional overdrive of late. First, we heard of him writing an entire section of the promo.

More recently, we heard him trying to force his Ready director Anees Bazmee to attach the first trailer of Chillar Party to his film. Now, it's Toronto's turn, it seems.

Our source revealed, "There have been reports of the actor not attending the awards function owing to certain decisions made by his brother Sohail Khan, who had given the go ahead to the event organisers without consulting Salman.

However, now Salman has decided to go for the event and support his film at its premiere on the 24th of June. The entire cast and crew of the film will be present including the co-producers UTV Spotboy," added the source.

When contacted, Vikas Bahl, the co-director of the film said, "We are premiring the film at the award ceremony. It will be the first time a movie of this scale is being showcased at the function contrary to big budget and multistarrers."

When asked specifically about Salman being present, Bahl diplomatically answeres, "I won't be the right person to comment on this but he is bound to attend."

wat_up thumbnail

Action Alliance

I just saw this now and posted it as well. Yay! now can stalk him. I was talking on another thread how it would be great were he to come over seas!  Hope Kat comes with him too. want to see my SAL-KAT😊

Edited by wat_up - 12 years ago
wat_up thumbnail

Action Alliance

Whose going to see the show?
Katalicious thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Not me. was going to but change of plans...are you?