India-Forums

MTV Roadies 9 : Everything or Nothing
MTV Roadies 9 : Everything or Nothing

Outrage over Roadies stripping task

Myer IF-Stunnerz
Myer
Myer

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 4:09am | IP Logged
Reality TV show MTV Roadies has  left viewers livid after an episode showed contestants stripping in full public view. On the episode, which aired last Saturday, three male contestants 'Mohit Saggar, 20, Suraj Chinnadore, 26, and Suchit Vikram Singh, 20 were asked to do a full monty 
in front of a live audience in Brazil. 

Though the task would have earned his team Rs1 lakh, Suraj refused. The others who went ahead with it were visibly uncomfortable, even more so as there was an artist who sketched their naked bodies and members of the audience recorded videos on their phones, cracking lewd jokes. 

Suchit, who cringed while stripping, later said, "I just had one thing on my mind ' what will my parents think? I only hope the videos don't find their way to You tube." 

SuchitThe act has drawn flak from right-wingers and fans. "This is totally against our morality. It's very offensive, and they are not setting a good example," says Rahul, spokesperson, youth wing, Shiv Sena. "The nude act was immoral. Cheap tactics will not help TRPs," says Priyanka Sethi, 23.

While the channel refused to comment, Raghu, the show's producer and host, feels they've done nothing wrong. "We helped them overcome one of the biggest fears in life ' going naked in public. Nothing we showed was offensive; all private parts were blurred with black strips," he says.

Psychiatrist Deepak Raheja says the humiliation associated with the task could have a life-long impact on the boys. "They did it on the spur of the moment; once they are back to reality, they will realise what they did. Sometimes, these kinds of things can lead to serious mental disorders such as anxiety, depression and post traumatic problems," he says.

Other controversies
In April, the show's anchors  were booed out of Pune by by Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) activists

In 2009, contestant Sufi Malhotra, who broke his leg during a task said there wasn't adequate safety

In the same year, Palak aka Gurmeet Kaur said she was asked to swear for TRPs.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Outrage-over-Roadies-stripping-task/Article1-697029.aspx

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-Mink-yipee-x-Reshu-x--Believe-fire_gun

fire_gun IF-Stunnerz
fire_gun
fire_gun

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 8:32am | IP Logged
raghu should say sorry for it

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

papiaMyer-Believe-

yipee IF-Sizzlerz
yipee
yipee

Posted: 20 May 2011 at 11:56pm | IP Logged
seriously it was the most disgusting task of roadies...I understand that they were in Brazil where it wasnt a big deal but ultimately we are Indians and for us its a big deal, and like the psychiatrist said that these things can have strong impact in one's life negatively...hats off to mohit n suchit for doing it but I feel bad for them

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

fire_gunMyer

papia Goldie
papia
papia

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 10:28am | IP Logged

While the channel refused to comment, Raghu, the show's producer and host, feels they've done nothing wrong. "We helped them overcome one of the biggest fears in life ' going naked in public. Nothing we showed was offensive; all private parts were blurred with black strips," he says.

I want to ask Raghu is this task is about the matter of fear and you really want to overcome their fair then why did you leave the girl outside from this task. Dont you think that Girls also need to be out of fair?

The truth is that you are worried about your show and thats why you used this cheap trick. You have no shame. You are a real kamina.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

yipee

-MakhanMalaai- IF-Stunnerz
-MakhanMalaai-
-MakhanMalaai-

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 10:30pm | IP Logged
how do we know if they werent wearing naything under the towels..

they were for sure wearing boxers..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

priyankumupal

Myer IF-Stunnerz
Myer
Myer

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 2:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Pulwasha

Errmm ... Sorry i don't think so !!
-MakhanMalaai- IF-Stunnerz
-MakhanMalaai-
-MakhanMalaai-

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 2:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Arine_123

Originally posted by Pulwasha

Errmm ... Sorry i don't think so !!

im very sure they werent totally nude..and roadies is scripted..
Myer IF-Stunnerz
Myer
Myer

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 2:38am | IP Logged
^^ Okay  , If you are so sure then i must say , the editing panel did a good job and Suchit and Mohit as well  !! Lolz

Go to top