Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Filmy melodrama unfolds on screen

• May 15, 2011 
  • By Nayare Ali 
  • Tube Talk
Karan and Kritika
Karan and Kritika

Unlike the West, the concept of serials taking a break and returning with a fresh season and a better script hasn't caught on.

Ekta Kapoor's Kitni Mohabbat Hai, featuring the lead pair from season one, Karan Kundra and Kritika Kamra is predictably melodramatic and filmy. The two lovers, who begin by hating each other, fall in love and manage to overcome family opposition to get married. So why does the family oppose this relationship?

Cos Arohi's grandfather was responsible for Arjun's mother's death. The truth is still hazy as the plot is yet to be revealed. Arohi, who discovers this information, tries to keep it a secret. But Arjun figures it out

That's when the twist and turns begin. Arohi's dadaji gets shot at a family party in his home.

Now, Arjun did have plans of bumping him off but an intruder quickly enters the home and kills him. Arjun assumes that he had shot dadaji and obviously the family wants him punished.

Arohi, who is madly in love, and was present at the scene of crime, insists that Arjun is innocent. In typical melodramatic fashion, she indulges in lengthy dialogues with each family member trying to convince them of the reality as seen through her eyes.

However, the family is not convinced and she is asked to choose between them and Arjun. No prizes for guessing who Arohi chooses. She walks out of her home, defiant but determined to support the man she loves. Arohi has support though. While the elders may be opposed to Arohi's decision, her cousins stand by her. Now, the extended clan is rather ditsy and dumb.

These assorted cousins can't act for nuts and are prone to mouthing such silly dialogues that you really wish you could ask them to shut up. So, amongst the younger lot, Arohi carries the pressure of performing on behalf of her onscreen cousins. Arjun acts well only when he has to play the besotted lover and this has little to do with his acting abilities. Karan and Kritika have been dating each other for a while and the onscreen chemistry is very evident.

Arohi manages to hire a drunken but brave lawyer who once managed to win a case against her family lawyer. But, a few scenes later, the lawyer is murdered much to the audience's relief. His tiresome drunken act was far from impressive.

Arjun is served a life sentence and Arohi's world is shattered. Surely, there will be more rona, dhona, fights, screams and melodrama to follow. That's what TV soaps are all about today!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pranii thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
again a half-truth, not properly researched and worked on article.More than half of the article is entirely false including the main topic. What to do of these media people :@ when they dont care to know the true facts why do they even care to write about? :@ I m losing trust and interest in articles now.

anyways, thanks for sharing :)
arjuhi4eva thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Thanxx for sharing...
Pranii ditto to wht u said!! Article is nt properly researched!!
aksh4IF thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
agreed pranii.. a very poorly researched article. writer obviously has heard bits n pieces from someone n has assumed the rest.. 

@armu4eva thnx for posting it
Pranii thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
sorry, fot the link myself😳 Edited by Pranii - 12 years ago
kavyasam thumbnail

Looks like the author is confused  😕.   Arjun  did not assume that he has killed ksa,  He knows he has not.  Where can we negate this CRAP article?  they cannot  publish wrong things about KMH.   and the description about the cousins ???  except sanchit no one else is cousin here,  and they are not dumb they actually did the bravest job and successfully  freed arjun.   The writer seriously  needs  reality check.  Baseless and poorly  written  article.  👎🏼

PemaKarpo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing, Armu😊

Coming to the article, I'm rather dissappointed. Most of what has been written in false. I don't understand why these people bother writing about stuff which they really don't care enough to know about

The soap might have a cliched story, but heck, as long as the soap is entertaining, n one is actually bothered about the story as such.

Personally, I do think KMH is very different from other soaps and I just LOVE the dialouge writers of KMH! They are simply THE BEST⭐️

As far as Karan Kundra's acting goes, I beg to differ! I think he acts really well! He has done FULL justice to the role of Arjun Singhania; be it the "besotted lover" or the cool dude or the angry young man or the man with attitude or the sensitive guy who yeanrs for love and care.

Arohi's friends, especially Romit and Shefali are the best! They act really well AND they have been a source of immense comic releif during depressing times👍🏼

Coming to the rona-dhona aspect of this authour's esteemed opinion, the soap wasn't always melodramatic. We have had a LOT of light moments which will always be cherished!

And lastly, we audience are not stupid to be such huge fans of a soap that is as as stupid as the writer makes it sound🤢
Anupa28 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
The faults in the article has been already pointed out ..

"Arjun acts well only when he has to play the besotted lover and this has little to do with his acting abilities. Karan and Kritika have been dating each other for a while and the onscreen chemistry is very evident"..sorry for the laguange but this absolutely "crap".Karan acts really well be it intense scenes, comedy or as an angry young man.

Mr Writer ..you seems to be more dramatic than Indian soaps itself. Please get your facts right before letting your imagination run wild.
chammak_challo thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
thnx for posting...!!! i love kmh😳
..anshita.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
pranii totally agree with u...
@armu4eva- thnx 4 sharing...