Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by Jesmina

What was the incident??? I also have the same mark like her under my eyebrow...I think pilled out my skin while I was threading mine!!!

Aishwarya Rai injured in accident

Bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai was on Wednesday injured when a jeep accidentally hit her during a film shooting near Trimbakeshwar, about 25km from Nashik.

"The actress received a minor fracture in her left foot and is out of danger," according to Keshu Ramsay, producer of the film Khaki, contradicting initial reports that she has suffered serious injuries.

The actress was rehearsing a scene in which a jeep was supposed to come at her and co-star Tusshar Kapoor at high speed and stop 20ft from them.

However, the driver lost control causing the jeep to overshoot the mark and hit the duo, who was sitting on the edge of the road.

They toppled over and fell on some bushes, which prevented them from falling further on some rocks below.

Amitabh Bachchan and Akshay Kumar were also present at the time of the incident. The jeep is believed to have barely missed the former.

The accident occurred at around 1745 IST, sources close to Aishwarya told PTI in Mumbai.

The sources said the entire unit packed up for the day after the mishap.

Rai, a former Miss World, was rushed to a hospital where her condition was described as stable by Dr Vijay Kakatkar, who attended to her.

The actress received ten stitches and would require rest for at least a month.

Police resorted to a mild lathicharge to disperse a fans actress who gathered outside the hospital after hearing the news about the accident, police sources said in Nashik.

Aishwarya was flown to Mumbai in a helicopter late on Wednesday night and admitted to the Hinduja hospital for further treatment.

Amitabh Bachchan, Akshay Kumar, Aishwarya's mother, film producer-director Raj Kumar Santoshi accompanied the actress to Mumbai.

Santoshi is directing Khaki, whose story was inspired from the recent riots in Gujarat. The film depicts riots as seen through the eyes of five police officers.

With inputs from our correspondent in Mumbai

Posted: 12 years ago

@ the topic: ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†

i was wondering that too while watching her Cannes debacle.😉