Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Newdime thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Where is everyone?  What happened?  I thought I'll see we are on Pg 125...
Krishnaluv94 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
I thought you wanted 120?

Btw, I can't see your avatar. I meant to say it before but  I loved the pic of you in the shirt that Maan borrowed πŸ˜Š
Edited by Krishnaluv94 - 12 years ago
pushpi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I'm here! Just went to get some school work done
Newdime thumbnail

Chapter Twenty five

Everyone started to eat and let the newly wedded to themselves, Maan and Geet just stared at the diner in shock that how could they do that to them.  First, they tied them together and now completely ignoring them.  Come on now, aren't they supposed to be the highlight of the day?  Isn't supposed to have their ways and people should tend the bride and groom and look into their needs?  Geet looked at her Di for help but she was too engrossed with Jiju.  She expectantly glanced over to Pinki, her best friend her childhood friend.  She saw Pinki turned her face away from her and hollering over Adi.  Geet pouted over this with open mouth not believing what she seeing.  Why are they doing this to them?  Did they not ask for forgiveness? 

Maan, just stared at his Dadima, the one who loves him unconditionally and she is ignoring him?  He tried to reason with her and she just gave her to-bad-so-sad looks and went off to feed herself but him.  He turned to the side where his best buddies seated; to his disappointment, they followed the party.  Maan and Geet turned to each other for their aid.  It was the most amusing scene ever to the spectator on the table.  Maan glanced at them with his looks to silent them

and turned to Geet to feed her first.  Both Pinki and Ayanna couldn't keep their awestruck moans to themselves.  Geet was melting away with her shyness; Maan seems to be more determined as he accepted the challenge now that it seems to her.  There was no way out of it now, one look of her Man and she was a puddle of warmth and affection.  Maan held her to the spot through his eyes and Geet followed him without blinking.  Geet couldn't take it anymore and she lifted her free hand and brought it to take over the spoon that Maan held for her.  She directed the spoon towards Maan mouth and waited for him to take his first bite.  Maan was taken aback with her sudden taking away the spoon from him; he couldn't make out for the first time what she was trying to do.  She simply gestured him to eat and he guided the spoon in his mouth and smiled.  "Tere chere se najar nahi hutti najare hum kiya dekhe."  They brook from there trance upon hearing Dadima sing a line.  Another loud laughter ran down the table. 

Dadima then announced that it's time for Vidaai and they have to finish the last rituals.  As they were getting up she warned them again not to try to untie them and she will keep an eye on them.  Maan tried to argue again, but all in vain she turned back as if remembering something important and said, "By the way Maan, aapki flight kub ki hai?  When are you leaving again 2 weeks are up in one day?"  She looked at him intently hoping to get back on him again. 

Maan again was speechless, with Dadima throwing her stones at him aim fully.  "Wo..umm..aa'yes I'm still on it."  Everyone looked gasp including Geet.  He paused for a moment then turned to look at Geet.  Squeezing her tied hand softly he said, "But I'm not going alone someone will be accompanying me too this time."  He ended with the wink at Geet.  Everyone laughed and Geet smiled and bowed down again with the shyness.  Dadima came closer and hugged both of them again and she untied them now.  Looking at this, Maan chided Dadima, "Dadima humain koi problem nahi horahi chaltain hain aise hi."  Dadima was surprised to see him in this chirpy mood and slapped gently on his cheek, "Chup badmash ub maza araha hai..aur tub?  Well I won't have a problem with that but Geet need to change and this is the time she would be with her family last time as together." 

She put her palm under her cheek lovingly seeing Geet's moist eyes she hugged her and lead her inside the house tagging everyone along with her.

Vidaai Ceremony

In the Vidaai ceremony, the bride departs from her parental house and bids goodbye to her parents, friends and relatives. Geet changed her wedding attire to the Vidaai joda given by her In-Law.  Hot pink and green crepe silk fishtail lehenga has been heavily embellished with floral work all over.  She looked stunning; her happiness glowed on her face and added the glorious on bridal looks.  For the very first time Geet smiled form her heart.  Now it felt like a real bride, Pinki and Ayanna declared.

Pinki and Ayanna lead her down to the hall where all waited for the Vidaai.  As Geet descended each stair, she felt the sting of losing the part of her body.  She was leaving her parents' home, the home that she was born, raised and grown to a lady.  The anticipation of the awaited future grew as did the pain of leaving her home, with each memory of her home, a tear drop rolled down her cheek. 

She stood next to Maan and both then turned to bend down once again to touch Geet's parents and the rest of the elders in the family. 

Mohinder lal lead his piece of heart, his beloved daughter towards the exit of his home, to send his daughter to her ultimate destination on this earth, her sasural to her husband's home.  Geet couldn't control her emotion and was crying heartedly.  The pain was too much to control and not to show, after all while leaving the home,

Geet throws back handful of puffed rice back at the main exit of her father's home as a token of her father's prosperity and good luck.  As they stopped at the awaited car, Geet turns and hugs her mother and father one more time.   

Edited by Newdime - 12 years ago
Newdime thumbnail

Chapter Twenty Six...

This time Maan turns to get hold of Geet and promises to her parents that he will keep their sweet heart happy and take care of her for the rest of his life and is now his responsibility.  Thereafter, they board a beautifully decorated car

and heads their way towards their, her new home.  Maan all the way kept his eyes on his Geet, who was not stopping shading tears.  He wanted her to stop crying and wanted to assure her that there is no need to feel so upset.  He reached slowly towards her folded hands on her lap, and took her hand in his and caressed gently.  Geet stared his hand that was caressing her hand she gently turned her head towards Maan.  The concern was dripping off his face, the four lines wrinkled on his forehead.  He gestured with a no asking her to stop crying and lifted his other hand to wipe her tears.  "Please Geet; don't cry I cannot see you like this."  Geet nodded gently and put up a smile on her face.  Dadima smiled and said, "Beta from now onwards you are not only my Bahu but you're like my poti.  So don't be afraid that you are going to a strange place."  Then Dadima chatted all the way in teasing and sharing her time of the stories to divert Geet's mind.  Maan smiled on his Dadima's tactics and playful talks to keep Geet out of thoughts.

They reached home finally after such a long journey, Dadima refused to stay back at the arrangements. 

She wanted her bahu to step in her new home early as possible.  She rushed out of the car to go inside the house to welcome her Bahu her Maan's wife.  Pinki and Ayanna were already reached the Khurana Mansion to welcome the new married.  Geet welcomed by her Grandmother-in-law at the entrance of her new home by putting the sarson ka tel (mustard oil) on both the sides of the entrance door.

Then, a traditional aarti of both the bride and the groom is performed once Dadima finished the arti she asked Geet to lift her right foot up to push the cup full of rice

and step into the big platter of red water.

Thereafter, the newly wedded couple goes to the pooja room and seeks the blessings of God.  Dadima forwarded the Kumkum water to Geet and asked to deep her hands and mark her prints on the wall, right next to her mother-in-law's hand prints. 

She willingly followed the elderly advice.  Once the pooja was complete, Dadima, blessed them again and hugged once more.

Dadima took them to the main hall where all the Khurana relatives and friends eagerly waited for the most awaited the only Heir of Khurana Empire's Wife. 

The talk was the bride is the most beautiful that Savitri Devi choose for her only grandson.

Next part is to be continued...

Hope the chapter turns out at the expectation of all...enjoy!

Krishnaluv94 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
RES!!

YES! [does the dance from 5:10- 5:40] [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgNJw_nqYt0[/YOUTUBE]

⭐️Edited⭐️

Two chapters! yay! Ok. I love how you give us visuals for your updates. They really bring your updates to life! Haha, I love how everyone was ignoring them while they were eating so Maan and Geet would feed each other. 😊 I loved the way dadi was reassuring Geet. So sweet! πŸ‘πŸΌ Maan and Geet are finally home! What's next? lol
Edited by Krishnaluv94 - 12 years ago
arabianpaki thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
So this was the writer's block ...!?!? I hope you have many more writer's block... so we could get double updates!! πŸ˜†
Superb update Habibti! These visuals are getting better and better...they fit so amazingly well!
In all the old wedding videos of my uncles and aunts ...there's this one  very sad song that's always  playing in the background...
baharon phool barsaao mera mehboob aaya hai mera mehboob aaya... hai hawaaon ragini gaao mera mehboob aaya hai mera mehboob aaya hai... lol so that's the song in my head now! πŸ˜†
I can't wait for the next update πŸ˜‰

Thanks Habibti!

Edited by arabianpaki - 12 years ago
Limerance thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
[Edited]

My luck is absolutely amazing! I logged in here first and there was an update ready! :)

I loved this part it was wonderful as usual! It was hilarious how all of their friends and Dadi ignored them throughout dinner. The Vidaai was so sad but we all know Maan will keep her happy! I loved his concern in the car when he held her hand and told her not to cry. It was so sweet! 
I know you were having a writers block during this part but it was great and the pictures also fit together so well! Looking forward to the next one!
Edited by Limerance - 12 years ago
Newdime thumbnail
Hello is anybody here?  Itna sunnaatta kion hai bhai?

Newdime thumbnail

Bus aatluj?  Atli kanjoos kem che tu...kiddo?

Thats all you have to say?  You are very stingy...girl...πŸ˜”