Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

arabianpaki thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: Limerance

This is so true nowadays. People are so caught up in having this and that, that they often forget what actually makes happiness last. Yes that new purse is totally going to make you ecstatic for the first few hours or days but in the long run will it truly provide you with long term happiness. 
I think of happiness as being a process that's achieved when one is finally content with what they have in their present life at that time and moment. 

shouldn't one always be content with what they have.. the glass is always half full, isn't it?
when I say always, I don't mean literally wearing a smile on your face..and being joyful,  there times when cannot help but weep or be sad.. but at the end of the day there's always something to be glad or happy about!
Limerance thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: arabianpaki

shouldn't one always be content with what they have.. the glass is always half full, isn't it?
when I say always, I don't mean literally wearing a smile on your face..and being joyful,  there times when cannot help but weep or be sad.. but at the end of the day there's always something to be glad or happy about!

Yes one should always be content but in reality I see it everyday that people usually focus on the negative and always see the glass half empty. I think that for a lot of people happiness is difficult to attain because of this and once they get over this hurdle is when they can truly be satisfied. So I suppose when I wrote this I was thinking from that perspective, but yes you are right one should always be content. 
pushpi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Sorry yaar forgot to press the like button since I was too preoccupied with posting a comment ;-)
Newdime thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

One day...all of a sudden my friend at work popped me a msg on instant messaging.  Giving me the personal news abt an old friend that we no longer are friends or talk.  I thought I was fine with the news and it didn't matter anymore.  The day was over, I left and set in the car...I didn't had my ride that day...don't know what was that, but of course the news started to take over my mind and I turned on my car...speed out of the Garage.  It was a bad evening altogether..the traffic was brutal and breaks,bumper to bumper does not go well with me and it just added the fuel to my mood.  Finally after 3 signals, got my chance to take left turn.  The street is zigzag...and all of a sudden this idiot tried to pull in front of me and ticked me off.  I pulled up the speed...and of course I was no match with him...there was a time that I could have lose my control on my car and done for the rest of my life or THE END.

It hit me so badly...that I was shaking till I reached home.  I set in my garage for 10 mints resting my head on the steering wheel...then came out went inside my house and sat on the sofa with my head rested on my palms...I could not believe what I did...I asked myself...What is this?  This is how you will end up your life for someone who does not even care for you?  Why we stay back in the past and cry over it and never want to come out?  People move on then why I can't?  That was it...I got up freshen up and went to pray my prayers...felt bit calm...cooked my dinner and then rested after that.

Next morning I woke up with a strange but peaceful feeling that I can't explain in my words.  Usually I wake up with soar body or headache or neck ache but that day...nothing...amazingly I slept through for 12 hrs without any interruption in my sleep...I'm very light sleeper.  

It felt like I have born a new life...I completely stepped in a different zone of my life.  It was a push from the past to the present.  After my morning routine I took off for work...it was less traffic morning suiting my mood...It was serene feeling.

Ever since I learned the real reason of Happiness...A new person was born with in me...I started to write...my wisdom become my friends optimism, it encouraged them to look their life in different manner...

I referred as Sunshine...I get msgs popped on my screen as soon as I log in to my PC...GM SS...etc etc...
It's up to us how you want things to affect you...

I have written something on that day...Ajeeb hote hai dil aur dimag ke rishtain...and some more...

Hence Happiness isn't a feeling or an emotion, It's a state of being,

Edited by Newdime - 12 years ago
Newdime thumbnail

Originally posted by: pushpi

Sorry yaar forgot to press the like button since I was too preoccupied with posting a comment ;-)

Pushpi...I feel like giving you a new name..

Hawa ka jhoka...

Kahan gayab hojati hai?
Edited by Newdime - 12 years ago
Newdime thumbnail
Ohh girls I have to tell you something...How many of you read my sour candy?

It was picturized on me first then i turned into Maaneet...

So we got this announcement yesterday that we have a mandatory meeting next thursday from 1-4..there is hussel and bussel around.  Another mail came today for confirming for the meeting and some other news...well I didn't read the whole darn thing..I hate this meetings...😡
Anyways...so my ride was with me today and she asked so whats abt this meeting and who is the guest speaker do you know? 

I turned my head to her in shock...i said what did u say?  a guest speaker...then I started to laugh...OMG leticia what if he is MSK?  I was cracking like an idiot...and I had to remind her of my story...she got excited and started to laugh..then i said...i should make sure I present myself well...I should dress up.  She said but we have a casual week...then I said its this week not next week...the meeting is next week...she said oh yaa...so yes shaheda make sure you are on your best...you never know he could be MSK...

🤣
arabianpaki thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Newdime

One day...all of a sudden my friend at work popped me a msg on instant messaging.  Giving me the personal news abt an old friend that we no longer are friends or talk.  I thought I was fine with the news and it didn't matter anymore.  The day was over, I left and set in the car...I didn't had my ride that day...don't know what was that, but of course the news started to take over my mind and I turned on my car...speed out of the Garage.  It was a bad evening altogether..the traffic was brutal and breaks,bumper to bumper does not go well with me and it just added the fuel to my mood.  Finally after 3 signals, got my chance to take left turn.  The street is zigzag...and all of a sudden this idiot tried to pull in front of me and ticked me off.  I pulled up the speed...and of course I was not match with him...there was a time that I could have lose my balance and done for the rest of my life. 

It hit me so badly...that I was shaking till I reached home.  I set in my garage for 10 mints resting my head on the steering wheels...then came out went inside my house and sat on the sofa with my head rested on my palms...I could not believe what i did...I asked myself...What is this?  This is how you will end up your life for someone who does not even care for you?  Why we stay back in the past and cry over it and never want to come out?  People move on then why I can't?  That was it...i got up freshen up and went to pray my namaaz...felt bit calm...cooked my dinner and then rested after that.

Next morning I woke up with a strange but peaceful feeling that I can't explain in my words.  Usually I wake up with soar body or headache or neck ache but that day...nothing...amazingly I slept through for 12 hrs without any interruption in my sleep...i'm very light sleeper.  
It felt like I have born a new life...I completely stepped in different zone of my life.  It was push from the past to the present.  After my morning routine I took off for work...it was less traffic morning suiting my mood...It was serene feeling.

Ever since I learned the real reason of Happiness...A new person was born with in me...i started to write...my wisdom become my friends optimism it encouraged them to look their life in different manner...
I referred as Sunshine...I get msg is as soon as i log in to my PC...GM SS...etc etc...
It's up to us how you want things to affect you...

⭐️  I'm glad for those moments in life that may not bring happiness that instant, but bring out a better person ..and happier person in you forever!  but we always need a reminder, to be grateful of the happiness in life, so that's why the  bad guys in life show up! but there's an easy solution to that, call them in ..serve some chai, and then smile and say your overstaying your welcome, so good bye, and then you slam the door! Tadaaa- out with the bad, in with the good!

Edited by arabianpaki - 12 years ago
mitzi11 thumbnail
hello lovely ladies
oh guys so fast

Newdime thumbnail

Originally posted by: sharmake11

hello lovely ladies

oh guys so fast

Oh hello Samara...where have you been?

Limerance thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Oh dear that's hilarious. I would just die if I actually met an MSK like person. 
And I vaguely remember sour candy maybe I haven't read it. Can you pm the link to me?