naina thag lenge-mayuresh/kruti

petticoat thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Somewhere down the line when you see a prior performance in DID which won applause everywhere and a song is repeated on it, you always compare

now that i have finished watching the episode, I have to say kruti was good but mayuresh was unbelievable

it was heart in mouth moments for me when he walked up the stairs..and slipped too

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M3-tUCr3LQ[/YOUTUBE]

and the blindfold was real

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Namrata_12 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
completely agree with you. Mayuresh was outstanding in that performance.. wow that performance had left me speechless, so even though kruti was good she can never beat mayuresh. 
luv2dance thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
To me, comparing Kruti and Mayuresh in contemporary isn't fair. Contemporary is Mayuresh's forte and he just owns that style without a doubt πŸ˜Š Yes, Kruti has room for improvement in contemporary and this performance of Mayuresh was beautiful πŸ‘πŸΌ
petticoat thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
ya luv2dance

absolutely

we cannot compare apples and oranges. I dont compare mayuresh and krutis styles or fortes. both are beautiful

as an audience, i felt mayuresh's performance had greater impact on me. i was more into the performance than krutis for this song :).

i remember seeing mayuresh's preparation for dil se re in limelight. awesome guy
Edited by bandicoot - 12 years ago
Natkhatpari thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
thanx for the lovely video badicoot... had not seen this performance of his... superb superb superb... n yeah it is not fair to compare him n kruti... but still mayu is at his best when he does these kinds of dancesπŸ‘
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Mayuresh is one of the best dancers DID has had...He is my most fav of all seasons...Clean lines, graceful, flawless, technically beautiful and good looker πŸ‘...All makes him an eyepleasing dancer-performer...πŸ˜ƒ

Thanks for sharing the link and taking us down the memory lane..

I have not watched today's epi yet so cant tell how Kruti does...But I am sure she will do fine...Their expertise are in diff styles so cant compare...

Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

I was so shocked to hear my hubster getting the whole story what Kruthi performed..

Suicide bomber confused whether to do it or not...Her mental conflict whether to do it or not..Kill innocent people or not...Even thought the tragedy had happened to her family in past...Finally she decided not to go thru with it and break the cycle of hatred and terrorism...That is how he understood it...We both loved her performance..

I think Kruti did fantastic job...Contemporary not being her shaily she was amazing..And her expressions, lines and emotions were amazing..

She deserved 9 if not 10...Remo totally got her performance..

Edited by Dabulls23 - 12 years ago
pigbelly4myfeet thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dabulls23

I was so shocked to hear my hubster getting the whole story what Kruthi performed..

Suicide bomber confused whether to do it or not...Her mental conflict whether to do it or not..Kill innocent people or not...Even thought the tragedy had happened to her family in past...Finally she decided not to go thru it and break the cycle of hatred and terrorism...That is how he understood it...We both loved her performance..

I think Kruti did fantastic job...Contemporary not being her shaily she was amazing..And her expressions, lines and emotions were amazing..

She deserved 9 if not 10...Remo totally got her performance..

Wow, thanks so much for explaining that. I didn't get that either. Wow, what an amazing concept. I need to watch this performance again now. 

At first I also thought that a better song should've been chosen. But the song selection kind of makes sense after I understand the concept, thanks to you. This song is about that conflict only. Of being deceived by your eyes...or your mind I guess in this case. Especially that line that goes, "Bhala manda dekhe na paraya na saga re". Aww that line fits SO well with this concept now that I think about it. 

I thought Kruti was pretty awesome with her expressions without even understanding this concept. She really felt this performance of her's. I mean she was in tears well after finishing her performance. I think that shows how into it she was. Very honestly performed. πŸ‘

I guess the execution of this concept was what was off in this performance. I don't think many people got this concept as a result. I think both Kruti and the choreography could've been better in terms of suiting the song. I think both Kruti and the choreography was more in tune with the concept than the song, you know what I mean? 

Kruti was more emotional about the NOT wanting to do this suicide bombing act than the doing of it. Probably because that's how she personally would feel also. So her emotions were almost one sided I think. I think she needed to go deeper into the suicide bomber character more.That conflict could've been shown better I think. There are also parts in the song that go, "Badalon mein satrangiyan boye"...something like that. So the song is saying that the eyes/mind deceive us with the "good" things as well. It would've been better if the choreography/Kruti's execution had shown this lyrical aspect of the song as well. It would've helped with the connect I think. 

Hope that makes some sense. πŸ˜† But anyways, I think this song just has SO much scope/depth. It's a really hard song to choreograph and perform because of that reason I think. IMO, both Mayuresh and Kruti only scratched the surface of the potential of this song. Though Mayuresh was of course better technique wise since he is trained in this style. And Mayuresh also got certain bits of the conflict in the song better. 

I have yet to see a performance on TV that TOTALLY does justice to the awesomeness of this song though. This song just has TOO much in it. It's hard to perform on it. I guess maybe that's why Mayuresh gave Kruti a hug after she finished also. πŸ˜† Aww. I love these two performers. They're both too awesome in their own ways. πŸ‘πŸΌ