Posted: 12 years ago

Shiney: I am innocent, was framed

May 14, 2011 05:45:04 PM IST
Sreya Basu, IBNS, Glamsham Editorial

Bollywood actor Shiney Ahuja, who was convicted in the rape case of his domestic help in June 2009, said he is innocent.

"I am innocent. I have been framed in the case," said Ahuja, who was recently released on bail.

"I was convicted even before my trial began, my lawyer wasn't even asked to speak in court," the actor said.

view SHINEY AHUJA picture gallery
view SHINEY AHUJA picture gallery

Ahuja was all praises for his wife Anupam for standing by him through the odds.

"I am blessed to have wife for whom I had so much love, but now I have both admiration and love for her and my girl for whom I have to go on," said Ahuja.

On Apr 27, the Bombay High Court granted him bail against a surety of Rs 50,000.

Reacting to Ahuja's bail, his wife Anupam said: "I knew justice will be done. He is innocent."

Ahuja on Apr 19 moved the high court against the Mumbai court sentence.

Ahuja, in his appeal, said the alleged victim has already said she was neither raped nor molested by the actor.

"The judge has inferred that the minor abrasions on Ahuja's wrist must have been caused by the girl. But, the doctor stated that the girl's nail clippings taken for DNA analysis tested negative for Ahuja's DNA," read his appeal.

"The judge has refused to consider the evidence that proves Shiney's innocence and has drawn unwarranted conclusions/ inferences devoid of any legal basis," said Ahuja in his appeal.

A fast-track Sewri court on Mar 30 read out the verdict convicting Ahuja and sentenced him to minimum seven years in jail.

Ahuja, who was present as the verdict was being pronounced, broke down in the court.

He was directly taken to jail from the court.

Ahuja was granted bail by the Mumbai High Court on October 1, 2009, on a surety of Rs 50,000 with a condition that he would stay in Delhi and report to the nearest police station regularly.

The court had ruled that Shiney would be permitted to come to Mumbai only during the trial.

Ahuja was arrested on June 14, 2009, after the maid lodged a complaint with Oshiwara police station alleging that she was raped by the actor in his flat while she was alone.

The fast track court in Sewri, which heard the case, had declared the maid as a hostile witness after she retraced her statement.

However, the trial had continued.

The police had filed a 109-page charge sheet against Ahuja with statements of 12 witnesses, forensic reports and other documentary evidence.

Source: Glamsham.com

Edited by goneforever - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shiney, please go f**k yourself. 

Originally posted by: eraser

Shiney, please go f**k yourself. 

It is highly possible that this is a conspiracy!  What if Shiney is telling the truth?  Do you think we should give him the benefit of the doubt? 
Debo_Afghan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Didnt he got 7 years jail...so why is he now free of jail?
The girl was 17ish. Would she be stupid to bring this all upon herself? what sane girl, that too from such a powerless background do a thing like this? It aint for media attention because she didnt go around whining in front of the media. Do you know how much s**t shaming girls face when they report to the police? not only from them but from family, friends, neighbours etc etc. 

They found his semen on her AND her hymen was ripped apart and the found bruises on her inner thigh. Please read the initial reports. All of a sudden, the media's reports have become strangely biased towards him. She has been threatened for sure which is why she took back her statement and once you take back your statement, you lose all your compensation money (if she got any in the first place). 

My co-worker and I looked into this for filing a petition but we barely have the power to do anything (especially because we're Canadians) because the court itself decided to give Shiney a bail and now that she took back her statement we barely have any solid evidence.  

Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
UnEnding DeBate... wat for... 

This Forum is meant for Bollywood Movies... Boley toh Bindaas Movies...

REAL LIFE INCIDENTs should b discussed in other Forums... 
IHeartDeepika thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Shiney shut the frick up. You took advantage and sexually abused an underage girl. YUCK.
who framed roger rabbit???!!! 🤢

Originally posted by: Debo_afg

Didnt he got 7 years jail...so why is he now free of jail?

i think, some Fudge Making Bhai --who's very sympathetic to this married virgin -- helped him.  

Edited by mogliF21 - 12 years ago
.driftingaway thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
man, is Shiney an A grade a**hole or what. Oh, and he thinks the world is retarded too! Come on Shiney, drop the act. You lawyer wasn't even 'asked to speak' because the DNA evidence/bruises and the rape kit conducted on the victim was enough to clearly deduce what the truth was and what wasn't.

His wife is obviously, a selfish, disillusioned, psycho too.

I shudder to think of what the poor girl must be going through now. She was only an underage girl!! One, that happened to be in a very very vulnerable situation too. I can't believe how sadistic this jaahil janvar is. He has NO remorse. He acts like the whole thing didnt even happen.

This must be a nightmare for her .. a horrible one, that she'll be living in as long as the prick is roaming free. She's been maligned, called a  liar, and I don't want to even think about how she is being treated by family and friends and neighbours right now. Andd, she's been through such a traumatic experience, has she even received any form of therapy or councelling? Surely, she must be completely emotionally effed right now? *sigh* I feel like, ripping this man's ***** off and feeding them to the dogs.

The indian media and the bollywood industry is despicable. I cant believe how quickly Shiney is garnering sympathy by both!
Edited by driftingaway - 12 years ago