The Best Ever Climax Scenes in Hindi Movies

Posted: 12 years ago

** Contain Spoilers ** (Courtesy Naachgaana.com)

Enough of star talks on NG in recent times. Lets have some talk about movies. !!

The climax of any movie is certainly the most exciting and important part of it. It is that sequence which the audience carries when they walk out of theater.…..a dragged dud movie but with a terrific climax can make it worth a watch while solid entertaining scripts could well be ruined with poor climax.….. Although, most bollywood movies belong to the later category, we have witnessed some superb climax scenes as well.

I am listing here some of the best climax ever in Hindi Cinema, of-course my own opinion. I believe it will be unfair to rank these as number one or two,, so no particular order. Also, certainly I will be missing some of the gems,, so please includes those along with your opinions on the listed ones in comments !!

Jaane Bhe Do Yaaron:
One of the best satire and the climax is certainly the most hilarious part of the movie for its sheer madness and fun. Its set at a small theater staging "Draupadi Cheer Haran". The dead body was dressed up as Draupadi, while others take up random parts from Duryodhan, Dushashan, Drupad to Salim and Akbar. Unmatchable comic timing,, I can never forget those dialogues,,, "Shant Gadadhaari Bheem, Shant !!'

Anand:
One of the most haunting climaxes to date. When Rajesh Khanna's voice comes out from the tape recorder, it's as if Anand is speaking through his spirit, and even after death he still continues to live.

Andaaz apana apana
A cult comedy with filled with utter nonsense yet thoroughly enjoyable. The climax is nearly 15 mins of chaos that creates stomach ache with laughter. Aamir's dialoguebaazi, Salmaan's rope action was all damn funny. However,, the most funny line to me was by Paresh Rawal's "Teza main hoon,, mark idhar hai" and "Teza main hoon kyuki mera naam Teza hai'' ?

Sadma:
I believe the film was way ahead of its time and that's why flopped. The climax scene is the best part of the movie and is so touching that its hard for me to explain what I feel about it. Kamal Hasan and Sridevi gave the performances of life. The director must be applauded for handling it so well on-screen.

Rang de Basanti
The most controversial and argued upon ending in the recent times. A few find the climax as a big flaw in the film, but to me it is the USP of the film. I agree that it's not realistic, but as a movie climax, the ending leaves a long-lasting impact on the viewers. In fact, the movie is remembered today primarily for its unusual ending. Bravo Mr. Mehra. "Jo log ucha sunte hai unke liye dhamake ki zaroorat hoti hai"

Krantiveer
Nana Patekar's explosive and fiery speech at climax earned him the Filmfare and The National Award for the Best Actor. What more to say !!

Gumnaam
Okay, today this may not look extraordinary. But, to my believe (correct me if I am wrong ?) Gumnaam was pioneer for good suspense thrillers in India. I seldom get satisfaction with the thriller mostly due to poor climax. But, this movie hooked me up till the end and climax was equally satisfying. Who could have thought that the character already dead is the real culprit.

Do Bigha Zameen
This Bimal Roy classic won the International Prize at the Cannes Film Festival. In the climax, Balraj Sahani returns from the city to find that his farm has been captured by the industrialists. The scene will bring a lump to anyone's throat. Amazing direction and amazing performance.

Main Aazad Hoon
This movie was inspired from Meet John Doe. However, the climax turned out one of the most shocking as Aazad jumps from the building leaving one stunned with is final worlds "Tum Sub Chahte Ho ke aazad mar jaaye. Lekin Aazad nahi marega''. One of Amitabh's finest performances.

Don (New)
The movie was a remake of Amitabh's Don and was completely on predicted track till the climax. No one thought that climax would be any different but the twist in the end saved the movie. A real shock !!

Doli Saja Ke Rakhna
I don't know how many would agree with me on this one. In-fact I doubt that many of you have seen this movie at first place. However, this movie is one among my favorites. The movie is a superb melodrama and the inherent values of all the common relations are presented beautifully. In the climax when Akshay Khanna's family visits Jyotika's home, the uneasiness of all the cast members are very believable. The conversation between Aruna Irani and Mausami Chatterjee was extremely emotive.

Few other honorable mentions
A Wednesday (Twist in the tail elevated this well made movie to a classic status for many)
Black Friday ("Bombay is now known as Mumbai" Waao !!)
Gulaam (The climax fight between Aamir and Sharat Saxena),
Satya (Satya pleading to open and trying to break down the door and his death .. classic)
Vastav (helpless mother kills his gangster son)
Parinda (Jackie Shroff Burns The Entire Room of Nana Patekar with the same lighter that Anil Kapoor Gives Him)
Jallad (The death scene of old Mithun, where instead of crying or being nice, he smiles and says ''Amavas ki Jai.'')
Sholay (Jay's death, Veeru's revenge, Handing over Gabbar to Thakur,,,, perfectly dramatic).

Add your own..

👏👏👏

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Climax scenes eh...

😆

Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: eraser

Climax scenes eh...

😆

🤣

Climax scenes eh...

😆

Are you up to your old tricks again eraser?  🤣
yup..repressed it for too long. Now I cant hold it anymore (excuse my pun) 😆😆
stranger.67 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

yup..repressed it for too long. Now I cant hold it anymore (excuse my pun) 😆😆

Adat se majboor!!!😆

Originally posted by: Jesmina

Adat se majboor!!!😆

exactly what I wanted to say 😆😆
IHeartDeepika thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I had a good one..but then I read the above posts, laughed, and now i foget it! 🤔😆
stranger.67 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

exactly what I wanted to say 😆😆

I know...i know very well...your chupa rustam harqatwin in IF!!! I cant take ur comments serious anymore!!! La petite comique!!!😆😆😆😆
Exactly - if you ever see emoticons like 😆,❤️,😍,🥺, 🤣 then dont take my posts seriously.