India-Forums

Saturday14: some amazing,some not,overall analysis (Page 2)

luv2dance Senior Member
luv2dance
luv2dance

Posted: 14 May 2011 at 4:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Natkhatpari

Originally posted by luv2dance

Kunwar Amar VS Jai Kumar Nair:
I am gonna talk only about their dance as I am sure we will have threads on the other stuff of this face-off. Up until the break I thought Jai was clearly better than Amar. The choreography for Amar was too simple and most of those steps were seen before, on the other hand Jai had an interesting choreography and he did it well. But in the second chance, Amar owned the whole act and Jai was completely lost. I could see they both were disturbed and still made an attempt to perform well. Amar succeded way better in that attempt. 10,10,10 for Amar but definitely not given on dance basis. It wasn't a 10 performance. I am sure there were many other things tied to that score Confused

I like to disagree with this one above  Shocked
@bold, i think you missed the opening section of amar he was fab, his entry, his dance moves... aweee jus loved everything Clap wheras jai had simple entry n familiar steps... i thought Amar was fab throughout... 

I watched it again. I think you are right Natkhatpari. Amar did seem better than Jai. First time when I saw, I felt like I have seen most of those steps Amar did were done by him before, which is true. But in terms of comparison, Amar does appear better than Jai on an overall basis. You are right dear Big smile

dancemania Groupbie
dancemania
dancemania

Posted: 14 May 2011 at 5:34pm | IP Logged
The best part of today's performance were the solos from Josh...especially Mayuresh and Alisha.Both of them totally rocked in their performances. DID1 has been leading in the solo performaces in DKS so far , so DID2  members need to really buckle up on their solo performances.
In the face off, I thought Amar was really good in the beginning , but Jai was much better in the later part.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

berke

ankit_nyc IF-Rockerz
ankit_nyc
ankit_nyc

Posted: 14 May 2011 at 5:36pm | IP Logged

Confused oh that's right...Jai was much better then Amar...so like Jai said, Shaimak, Geeta, and Remo want Jai to lose and that's why they purposely gave him low marks...Confusedbecause you see they all have so much to gain by Jai losing...Confused

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

berke

pigbelly4myfeet IF-Rockerz
pigbelly4myfeet
pigbelly4myfeet

Posted: 14 May 2011 at 10:19pm | IP Logged
Thanks for the thread. I love your thoughts on "what good came out of it". :) Will respond to that bit later in my post. 

About the performances:

Kruti: I thought her performance was very honest. I liked it more when a member of this forum explained the concept too. I thought her expressions were amazing. The choreography could've been better to suit the lyrical aspects of the song more in my opinion. And of course Kruti isn't trained in this style so it's understandable that she wasn't perfect. But still Kruti gets props from me for trying something so emotionally and physically challenging. Man, she was in tears even after her performance! 

Prince: I thought he nailed that MJ style, moves, and poses. Dance wise he was awesome, no doubt about that. The only thing that screwed him up was the song. LOL What a bad experiment. LOL MJ dancing on 'dola re dola'...the girliest song ever? Has disaster written all over it. *shakes head* LOL Prince totally looked like MJ though. MJ in his younger years of course. LOL 

Kishore: I thought he lacked energy actually. The song is too intense and energetic. And Kishore is usually super energetic so I thought he'd be awesome today...but he kind of let me down. Although his end teeth rope move was so stunning! How did he do that?! LOL Never seen anything like that before! I think he got extra marks just for that! LOL

Mayuresh: *sigh* I love this guy. LOL I actually loved his floorwork too. He performed so sweetly...and smilingly. LOL I still think his 'Dil se' performance was better though. Nothing can beat that one. Just the thrill of being the first one on Indian reality tv to do something like that. And the song, Terrence's choreography of course...everything was just too perfect in that performance. The only thing that beat that, was Mayuresh's 'jeena yahan' performance with the Chinese poles. That was just TOO awesome too. Just the depth he brought to that song...and the clown character. O man...too awesome. lol Ok sorry for rambling...but yeah this performance also was too sweet. I simply LOVE Mayuresh! LOL 

Siddesh: Yeah totally filler performance only. LMAO at him succeeding in getting Geeta to cry. LOL As if that's even a hard task though. *rolls eyes* LOL But I still thought Siddesh was entertaining with his nautanki in this performance as Siddesh always is. LOL

Vandana: Vandana just looked confused to me in this performance honestly. Was it jazz, was it mujra? Seriously WTH was that? She needed to make up her mind. She totally messed up both the classical and the jazz styles I thought. Very average. 

Alisha: YAY so awesome to see this girl back with a bang! :D Aww she's too cute, the way she was so genuinely happy with her performance and the compliments after. LOL That's the Alisha I know and love from DID! That confidence was back! Yay! LOL

Ok so about the Amar vs. Jai takkar. My extra points go to Jai actually. Jai was much more creative. His choreography/moves had much more variation. Jai's choreography had much more thought put into it. And honestly, Jai has this ease when he dances. Amar just can't match that for me. 

And after watching the limelight episode, I was put off even more with Amar's performance. He was SO in your face! Seriously, he was totally blocking Jai at one point and making these weird faces! W*F was he doing there?! This show has really put me off with Amar actually. I used to like him so much in DID. I think that stupid D3 show he's doing probably doesn't help. Seriously, I thought it was very rude of him to dance while Jai was doing his solo. And no that has NEVER happened with any other takkar before. Why would you do that?? I fail to understand. 

Amar was just too off putting to me. He was just showing off. And that's just something that puts me off the most with dancing. He did have more energy during the bit both him and Jai were doing the same moves..I'll give him that. But after watching that limelight episode...I'm kind of put off by him actually. 

Anyways, I think in some ways this was scripted also. Just to set the platform to get both the teams to equal scores and then have that grand finale. I have a feeling all this drama was scripted for this purpose. Perhaps the channel people deliberately changed Jai's music or something, who knows. And Geeta's overreacting also seemed scripted to me. I just wish the judges and certain other contestants could've been more compassionate about the situation, that's all. It was an unfortunate situation...very human and it could've happened to anyone actually. As a dancer, I can understand Jai's frustration also. 

Finally, I really like your thoughts on "what good came out of it". I loved the bonding moments we got to see after too. Honestly, I have seen all these guys hugging and stuff after each episode. I think the rivalry is just for the competition/tv's sakes. In reality, I think all these guys are pretty friendly with each other. They're all great performers too at the end of the day. 

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

mahelaloverjeshwinitanya12pavitrianuknaik99LeadNitrategilmores

gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 14 May 2011 at 11:42pm | IP Logged
Kruti: I actually really liked her solo. By far the best solo from DID2 today. Kruti is an exceptionally strong dancer. Contemporary is not her forte and you can kinda tell. The story didn't come across that well though because I didn't get it that much until I read a post that explained it more. She was really into it since she was so emotional after her performance! Marks: 9

Prince:
When he started I was like wow..he looks exactly like MJ. Actually Prince in looks sometimes resembles MJ to me too lol. Prince's moves were clean, effortless and very well done. The song was a total W*F though. Yes Prince is probably the least versatile dancer to have come out of DID but he really is pretty darn amazing in his forte. Marks: 8.5

Kishore: It was okay until the end. Whoa! Who does that? How does anybody do that? I would feel like my teeth would fall off! Marks: 8

Mayuresh: I don't have any words for this guy anymore--I simply love him to bits and pieces. He's so clean, effortless. Marks: 10 Koi shak? LOL

Vandana: It was a trainwreck. Simple as that. What mujra, what jazz? And those knee spins. Thumbs Down Marks: 6.5

Alisha: Wooohooo!! She's BACKKK!! Her confidence, her expressions, latak jhataks..everything amazing! She's FAB. Marks: 10.

Amar vs. Jai: According to the limelight, Jai continued dancing when the audio was wrong until it came to a point where the beats were totally different from what they were supposed to be. In the part they did together, Amar was better. Jai missed steps--probably was too flustered/upset with the song problem by that point. But Amar really was dancing in Jai's solobits..in the middle of the stage, in front of Jai's face which was simply weird. Confused 

Anyways, I liked Amar, Parvez consoling Jai at the end. I'm pretty sure all these guys are friendly with each other and get along fine.

General comment: Jalwa must do something about their solos. They had a 10 point lead on Friday. And Josh not only overcame that difference but also took a 4 point lead. So in total, Josh led by 14 points with the solos. So far they have only given DID1 competition in solos in 1 episode. They should step it up, just like DID1 needs to step up their group dances!

Edited by chocolover89 - 14 May 2011 at 11:49pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

mahelaloverNoor_Ul_Ainpigbelly4myfeet

yipee IF-Sizzlerz
yipee
yipee

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 12:09am | IP Logged

My scores for the performances are:

Kruti - 8.5 - Unlike many I totally thought the song went with the concept, i would request everyone to listen to the lyrics carefully and then relate to the concept...it goes perfectly...I understood the whole dance perfectly well and loved her expressions...The thing I love abt Kruti is that she always gets totally IN to the performance...you can just feel it totally...in terms of execution, she was flexible and did some steps very well...her lines were good but on couple of places, I felt her movements were not as crisp and clear as the requirement of the beat...also I think the choreography of this act though good could be slightly better for a more hard hitting impact considering the kind of concept it was...

Prince - 8 - Ok yes his start was awesome and some of his dancing was superb...however overall the performance was good but didnt appeal to me as much because of few reasons...one reason is what judges also pointed out...yes the song didnt go well with the dance, thats because it wasnt translated well into the choreography...the idea was very good but could have been presented in a more entertaining way thru which everyone would connect to it...Also, some of the steps didnt seem effortless...usually Prince does this style so effortlessly and somehow I felt it all didnt come thru naturally from within him today...

Kishore - 8.5 - Man this guy is fearless and can do just any stunt...Loved some of the portions in his dance, the sword portion esp and the portion which everyone has already talked abt i.e. uske daant ka kamaal:)...Hats off to him for this...however yes thodi gadbad hui with the prop again which everyone saw and mentioned...plus he can work lil more on his transitions...

Mayuresh -  10 - Kuch nahin kehna mujhe iske baare mein...like this guy leaves me speechless with his performances...I can go on and on abt him and the post will never end so I better not write much and my score for him says it all how I loved his performance

Vandana - 6.5 - Really what is wrong with VandanaOuch, i adore her and she is a very good dancer ...I think she has lost the touch and I so hope she gets back in form...The same concept cud have been presented much better and that skirt was really distracting and taking away from her performance...she did show the sparks at some moments but they were scattered...I know she is capable of much more than this so Vandu pull up your socks and rehearse more, you can surely do it and hope to see u give a great performance in the finale

Alisha - 10 - Yaaay Alisha is back with a BANG as Remo said...the confidence, the zeal, the enthusiasm is all back...am so so happy as I had loved her dancing in season 1 so much...and I saw the same Alisha again yesterday...kya faadu dance kiya usne...just loved her jhatkas, matkas and all the nautanki...Go Alisha! now looking forward to another super performance frm her in the finale...

The face off: Well I think there is no point in marking it as after Jai continued he had lost it...as in he was already disturbed and it showed...he also was lagging behind the beat a bit...So Amar was clearly better...

Actually, somewhere I also got disinterested in the face off because of all that happened...Anyways it was unfortunate and hope Jai and everyone else moves on and gets over it...

Siddhesh's dance for Geeta was adorable and cute...esp Hero no. 1 part was enjoyable:)

One more person I wanna applaud today is Manish Paul...I anyways am a fan of his hosting and his comic timing/one liners but today he showed how a host should handle a sensitive situation when there is no script...Kudos to him, Manish - you are now undoubtedly one of my all time fav anchorsClap

Edited by yipee - 15 May 2011 at 12:14am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

pavitrianberkeuknaik99LeadNitrate

LeadNitrate IF-Sizzlerz
LeadNitrate
LeadNitrate

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 2:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ankit_nyc

Confused oh that's right...Jai was much better then Amar...so like Jai said, Shaimak, Geeta, and Remo want Jai to lose and that's why they purposely gave him low marks...Confusedbecause you see they all have so much to gain by Jai losing...Confused

Ankit, its the perception of each people about the DANCE and DANCE only in this topic, regarding behaviour, drama and the controversy, we have countless other topics. saturday witnessed some great performances, please  lets not drown them with other issues, atleast not here.
 and  yes i agree with luv2dance, JAI's opening was really great,it had promise but overall amar was much much better. 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

jeshwinidancemaniapavitrianluv2danceyipeenikitagmc

LeadNitrate IF-Sizzlerz
LeadNitrate
LeadNitrate

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 2:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by pigbelly4myfeet

Prince: I thought he nailed that MJ style, moves, and poses. Dance wise he was awesome, no doubt about that. The only thing that screwed him up was the song. LOL What a bad experiment. LOL MJ dancing on 'dola re dola'...the girliest song ever? Has disaster written all over it. *shakes head* LOL Prince totally looked like MJ though. MJ in his younger years of course. LOL 

Originally posted by chocolover89

really into it since she was so emotional after her performance! Marks: 9

Prince: 
When he started I was like wow..he looks exactly like MJ. Actually Prince in looks sometimes resembles MJ to me too lol. Prince's moves were clean, effortless and very well done. The song was a total W*F though. Yes Prince is probably the least versatile dancer to have come out of DID but he really is pretty darn amazing in his forte. Marks: 8.5

is it just me or do you guys also feel Prince cultivates the MJ look, the way he looks, he keeps his hair, expands his eyes, the postures he keeps, i always have a vibe prince is consciouly trying to act like MJ.maybe thats why his opening was so awesome
silly me.LOL

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

dancemanialuv2danceMrManagementyipeeNisha_90nikitagmc

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Lux Dance ke Superstars Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index