TOI: Akshay Sethi's multitasking

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Akshay Sethi's multi-tasking

Neha Maheshwri, TNN | May 15, 2011, 12.00am IST

Males generally get overshadowed by the fairer sex on TV as it's predominantly a female oriented medium. But there are some exceptions and one of them is Akshay Sethi. 

The lad who is seen in Sasural Genda Phool is one lucky actor as ina show boasting of countless female characters, he is playing not just one but two characters. Sethi is seen in a double role in the show and mind you there is a huge contrast in these two characters both age and personality wise. Akshay's character reminds us of the thespian Amitabh Bachchan's twin role in Aakhri Rastaa. 

As like his Bollywood counterpart, Akshay is also playing father and son in the show. Akshay's as son Deepak hates his father who has raped his mother, played by Saadiya Siddique. Apparently, he is the only guy to do a double role in any TV show. Akshay is twenty six in real life but conveniently plays a seventeen year old young guy as well as fifty five year old of course with a special get up of an old man. The older character Anil Tiwari keeps coming in flashback in the thoughts of son Deepak who hates him. He confirms, "I am fortunate enough to play double role so early in my career. I am reminded of Amitabh's double role in Aakhri Raasta and even triple role film Mahaan besides Kamal Hasaan's in film Hindustani. Most of the people don't even know that the old guy who is being shown in flashback is myself only. I want to shout and tell the world that it's me in double role. I may not be known by name but people surely recognize me as my character Deepak from the show. TV industry is definitely crowded and TV actors are recognized only by character names unlike film actors. But I guess it will change with time." The guy certainly has a long way to go.

Edited by Armu4eva - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mjtruelegend thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Thankyou for sharing Tanu dear. ๐Ÿ˜ƒGlad he's busy, it keeps him out of mischief!!๐Ÿ˜†
GurpreetD thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for Sharing Tanupie...๐Ÿ˜ƒ

And Yes this time article is right in every aspect ๐Ÿ˜†...He is very Good actor Yaar๐Ÿ˜›
He is a very good actor and he is so right!If you dont know the storyline..u will actually fail to recognize him in his dad's get up!He is an asset to the TV industry with respect to male TV actors..!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘..btw..why is he busy now?๐Ÿ˜•isnt that track already over months ago?๐Ÿ˜†

Thanks for sharing family-wala๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜‰
Edited by .sb. - 12 years ago
Diivi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
he is really a great actor๐Ÿ‘..he does every emotions in a unique way,may it anger,helplessness or evn comedy๐Ÿ˜Š...
he has got a looong way to goโญ๏ธโญ๏ธโญ๏ธ...

btw,its givn dat he is 26 yrs old,means he is elder than his bhabhi-suhana, i mean Ragini!!!..๐Ÿ˜‰
iViews thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Thanks Tanu for sharing... He si really good actor ... hope he gets to do more more amazing roles...๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
infinity00 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
He is really the best among all the Male leads at the moment, he may not be all macho types but God he can act , he is RAGNISTICALLY , Fantastic ( Manju invented this word today RAGNISTC , and I love it, Thanks Manju,  it should be added in OXFROD Dictionary for a Mind Blowingly Realistic Acting!!)
bholabear thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Thanks for the article. How come its coming so late? This track was completed long back, na? Anyways, its true he's a super actor.
--sree-- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
thanks for the article
Akshay is a very talented actor and he got a wonderful opportunity to show his talent through the challenging roles SGP
simply.me thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

totally agree...akshay is a good actor especially the way he portrayed the father and son role...thanks for sharing