TOI: Akshay Sethi's multitasking

Armu4eva Coolbie
Armu4eva
Armu4eva

** Super Coolbie **

Posted: 14 May 2011 at 12:41pm | IP Logged

Akshay Sethi's multi-tasking

Neha Maheshwri, TNN | May 15, 2011, 12.00am IST

Males generally get overshadowed by the fairer sex on TV as it's predominantly a female oriented medium. But there are some exceptions and one of them is Akshay Sethi

The lad who is seen in Sasural Genda Phool is one lucky actor as ina show boasting of countless female characters, he is playing not just one but two characters. Sethi is seen in a double role in the show and mind you there is a huge contrast in these two characters both age and personality wise. Akshay's character reminds us of the thespian Amitabh Bachchan's twin role in Aakhri Rastaa. 

As like his Bollywood counterpart, Akshay is also playing father and son in the show. Akshay's as son Deepak hates his father who has raped his mother, played by Saadiya Siddique. Apparently, he is the only guy to do a double role in any TV show. Akshay is twenty six in real life but conveniently plays a seventeen year old young guy as well as fifty five year old of course with a special get up of an old man. The older character Anil Tiwari keeps coming in flashback in the thoughts of son Deepak who hates him. He confirms, "I am fortunate enough to play double role so early in my career. I am reminded of Amitabh's double role in Aakhri Raasta and even triple role film Mahaan besides Kamal Hasaan's in film Hindustani. Most of the people don't even know that the old guy who is being shown in flashback is myself only. I want to shout and tell the world that it's me in double role. I may not be known by name but people surely recognize me as my character Deepak from the show. TV industry is definitely crowded and TV actors are recognized only by character names unlike film actors. But I guess it will change with time." The guy certainly has a long way to go.

Edited by Armu4eva - 14 May 2011 at 12:41pm

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

dent4uradpat25Diivi--sree--mjtruelegendKeenu.G_ProcrastinatorcrysindGurpreetDSiddhi_YusBeeShwets1502

mjtruelegend IF-Rockerz
mjtruelegend
mjtruelegend

Posted: 14 May 2011 at 12:43pm | IP Logged
Thankyou for sharing Tanu dear. Big smileGlad he's busy, it keeps him out of mischief!!LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Armu4evaYusBee

GurpreetD IF-Sizzlerz
GurpreetD
GurpreetD

Posted: 14 May 2011 at 1:11pm | IP Logged
Thanks for Sharing Tanupie...Big smile

And Yes this time article is right in every aspect LOL...He is very Good actor YaarTongue

Armu4evaYusBee

YusBee IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 14 May 2011 at 1:17pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

radpat25Armu4evaGurpreetD

Diivi Senior Member
Diivi
Diivi

Posted: 14 May 2011 at 1:34pm | IP Logged
he is really a great actorClap..he does every emotions in a unique way,may it anger,helplessness or evn comedySmile...
he has got a looong way to goStarStarStar...

btw,its givn dat he is 26 yrs old,means he is elder than his bhabhi-suhana, i mean Ragini!!!..Wink

Armu4evaGurpreetD

iViews IF-Sizzlerz
iViews
iViews

Posted: 14 May 2011 at 2:03pm | IP Logged
Thanks Tanu for sharing... He si really good actor ... hope he gets to do more more amazing roles...Thumbs Up

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

GurpreetD

infinity00 IF-Rockerz
infinity00
infinity00

Posted: 14 May 2011 at 4:55pm | IP Logged
He is really the best among all the Male leads at the moment, he may not be all macho types but God he can act , he is RAGNISTICALLY , Fantastic ( Manju invented this word today RAGNISTC , and I love it, Thanks Manju,  it should be added in OXFROD Dictionary for a Mind Blowingly Realistic Acting!!)

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

radpat25YusBeeiViewsGurpreetD

bholabear IF-Rockerz
bholabear
bholabear

Posted: 14 May 2011 at 7:39pm | IP Logged
Thanks for the article. How come its coming so late? This track was completed long back, na? Anyways, its true he's a super actor.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

YusBee

Go to top