Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by eraser

I was giving a lecture as you put it, on members labelling women as some kinda evil golddiggers or fame-hungry monsters who suck on their boyfriends blood to survive in bollywood. Yes, I can give a lecture on that because I may "bash" celebs but I dont accuse Katrina,Deepika or any other actress of being a golddigger or evil oppurtunist. I wasnt asking members to be kind to celebs or refrain from profanity, just asking them not to label women in such a negative light, that's all so I dont understand how that's hypocritical?

But you do accuse male stars of using the innocent  up and coming female stars, don't you? IMO, you have also on many occasions used homosexuality pejoratively while referring to male actors. See...to me that is no different from the gold digger, evil opportunist comments. Whats good for the gander should also be good for the goose. I find it very hypocritical that one can incessantly bash one gender while vehemently defend the other one for the same reasons.

As far as I'm concerned, us women we ask for equality and as such  either we play the equality card or play the victim card. Can't have our cakes and eat it too. Thats all.
Edited by Dexterphile - 12 years ago
This categorization between acceptable bashing and non-acceptable bashing is confusing me.

Why is it okay to criticize someone's looks and physique (traits that people are born with and most probably cannot change) but not questionable behavior with unsavory connotations (completely controllable condition)? So, why is it okay to term someones' face as a Subway sandwich but not okay to call out someone who uses dating like a game of tag through  a revolving door and uses the link-ups and break-ups as news flashes to ones own advantage? Negative body images and stereotyping conformist look ideals hurt female empowerment as much, if not more, as negative characterization of dubious life-styles and life choices.

Originally posted by Da_BagarhBilla

Hope Preity Zinta ji will Spare me for Talking Some OFFTOPIC Thing here ðŸ˜›

Salman is a TrendSetter... Whatever he do ppl just follow it...

- He Bought the craze of 6 pack abs body in bollywood...

- After Dabangg, Saifu is having Mooch in Aarakshan, Shahid in Mausam, Ajay in Singham...

- He bought the craze of Baggie pants after Saajan Released...

- He was the 1st Celebrity to start the trend of Taking Money for visiting Events, earlier every1 does it for free... Anil Kapoor disclosed it on Sajid's Show... Anil : He went for Free in a Event, He met Salman... He Ask "Kitna Milla"... Anil Replied "Main toh Free Mein aaya hoon"... and Dey laugh about it... since den Stars started taking money...

- Dabangg's CHASHMA is a Rage Now... U Can See it EveryWhere, ppl copying it...

- In Hyderabad, if u go... u will see Tere Naam Effect Still goin on, it was shot wholely in Hyderabad...  also HYDERABAD has the No.1 Fan Following of Salman... Huge Mass Fan Following...
baaki toh pata nahi but Sallu has the most endearing eyes... ( of course these days u have to ignore the bags under them)
Yeh fandom nahin hai aasan
Bas itna samajh li jeeye
Ek aag ka dariya hai, aur doob ke jaane hai

😆

No fans or celebrities are better than the other. That's all I can say...for now.  
The popcorn does taste yummy when sitting on the fence ji. What a good stressbuster lol
Lmao...don't mind but I just read all of Baghare's comments. Kya jaar, mast hai. From missing Xeta to being Sunny from Damini to the ATBB lecture. Loved it! 😆😆

=========== WEN u Guyz DON't STOP ========= Never Ever Dare Ask me 2 STOP ðŸ˜¡

lawl^^ damn right. 😆

I try not to lecture because I don't want to be lectured for doing the same thing...once in a while I just open topics and that's only done cuz I don't wanna lecture! Ha. Lets just have fun, which is our purpose of setting foot on IF.
Edited by zainab25 - 12 years ago
Everytime the mods come here on the Bollywood section, I bet they think -

Kya musibat maine paala
...kya musibat maine paala
Ek taraf Katrina aur doosri taraf Deepika

😆

We can actually insert any celebs/fans combinations here. Kareena vs Priyanka. SRK vs. Salman. Sonam vs. Deepika. Aishwariya vs. Rani. Even Rakhi Sawant vs. Katrina Kaif. 
Zainab you had to pick the item number line?! Now I can't stop laughing...😆 I especially like the million little dashes before and after the warning...😆

@Shabnam: You playing Narad muni today? ðŸ˜†
Edited by Dexterphile - 12 years ago
Dex...yeh narad muni kya hota, mujhe nahin pata. 

Zainab...I LOL'd when I read that line from BB. The angry emoticon...itna serious aur gussa kyun ho gaya? Hume sambhal ke rehna chahiye. ðŸ˜†
Edited by indn inn0cence - 12 years ago
I agree that we should not label women or men in a degoratoy way. I mean we always talk on how a man does this to a women but what about those men who get beaten by strong willed women etc do we ever mention that?  Or Men who use women tomake it big. Like in Rakhi Sawant's case absheick aswarti used her  (yet rakhi is labeled as a attention seeker or worse) On the other side when Rakhi slapped him on national TV why was there no public out cry? Were he to slap her people would have want him hanged. By point is both sexes should be treated with respect.