Anant and Navya some questions- Please read :)

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago
Hey, I've recently caught up with Navya and Im watching it UK pace, so we're exactly one week behind, and I have to say I think the couple are realy cute!

They have really good chemistry, and they're both really good looking 😳 I like the youth aspect of the show, and its interested me alot!πŸ‘

But I have to say one thing and I hope no one minds, as I am pretty new to the show, but  are Shaheer and Soumya new to acting?  Because Soumya more so than Shaheer, is a little bit of an awkard actress, I totally get that her character is very conservative etc, but I feel its almost alittle OTT. She's not just super awkward around Anant but also everyone else. She's not even free around her friends.

Very traditonal Indian girls ofcourse are alittle reserved around people but I get the feeling she's always acting really uncomfortable

She seems scared of everything and anything, almost like shes unhappy, which is not what they showed her to be like in the promo's. It seemed she was a conservative BUT bubbly girl in the promo's πŸ˜•

I came on to the forum today and and read a post about a hug and got too excited and watched it on YTπŸ˜† but as cute as it was near the end, I found my self laughing a little at the hug with the expressions of both them. Navya had her eyes scrunched as if she was in pain, and Anant was breathing heavily like he was going to faint or something. I found it alittle dissapointing for the first hug of such a cute couple.

I understand that they maybe new, so I guess this is all understandable, acting comes with practice, BUT I get the feeling that the lead actors need to spend some more time with each other, or get more comforatble in each others company because as much as I love the show, i find it very difficut to watch a show I feel uncomfortable watching.

I hope no one takes offence, I am just curious as to whether I am the only one or if I'm being too judgemental.

Shaheer is nt new, bt Saumya is!

its her first show :D

yaaar when I watch SBS I felt that they both are conformable with each other but may be in the act this is the first experience in love for Anant is mix with emotions...may he convey that he is in love and he didn't expect that Navya also feeling like him...he is happy and unexpected and he can't express what happen to him ...
And Navya she didn't expect that Anant will come and Hug her...
this is their first experience in love in teen age...and they both don't know it is love...
In Soumya case yaar she is new...but I think she is sweet innocent girl that she hide her feeling and happiness in front of her family...and she is bit afraid to express her feelings...but when she is teaching to Anant she is a bubbly girl
yeah i agree..tht female.no offence meant needs to buck up...her eyes ans smile are her asset...bt she hardly uses it...always looking down..i knw her character is such..bt it kinda irritates n distracts..wenu have an expressive actor like anant..dont they chk her acting on their Tvs aftr d take? r dey blind?
n i dnt knw wht d rushed pace is all abt! anants dialogs seem all forced up..sab tumhari wajah se hua..as if he is forcing himself on navyaa...n on face hint tht i like u...acting kinda desperate wch is not expected of his character...thre r other aspects to nayye dhadkan and naye sawaal...CVs go easyyy on dis love trrack..n actors plss improve acting..
Edited by tp26 - 12 years ago
i couldn't agree with you more, actually i saw the hug now, and i just had to get out my frustation/annoyance about how dissapointing it is lolzzz.. I mean the girl is sooo bad at acting, I feel like her character doesn't bloom, her acting is terribly OTT, and not identifiable, it ruins the character. Anant is good however, but sometimes his character is stubborn without cause, anyway the lead actress annoys me!
I dont mean to be rude, but some of you guys have no sense, Her acting is good. The character she is playing is a shy, quite, under-confident girl who has never really talked to boys.

She likes anant, but when she is around him she feels bad becuase she isnt supposed to be doing this stuff...hence the reason why she gets all quite, and nervous around him.

She is playing the character really well and so is the guy playing anant. As the show goes on, Navya gets more comfortable with the fact that she likes anant, then she will start to be more open about it. However is wont be soo much becuase of the way she has been bought up...

If you want to watch some open romancing then you are watching the wrong show.

Although i agree that the show is moving very fast.
Hi Kash,

I'm in the UK as well and just saw the hug scene and like you I was like 😲😲..and thenπŸ˜†πŸ˜†...

But having had my laugh I also felt disappointed. I can understand the character is a reserved girl coming from a conservative family so she is always super-conscious about not bringing attention to her self, however, compounded with Soumya's 'new acting' it was all a bit too much. If she could have taken the 'bold' step of telling him that she thinks of him and etc then surely she could have enjoyed the hug a bit??.

She can act, it's just she is OTT when trying to portray confusion, scared, worried and etc. I don't know about anyone else but my eyes actually ache whenever she shows she is scared and thinking kick because she rolls her eyes - so painfully!!! Hope she learns that showing a puckered forehead is enough of an indication!πŸ˜‰πŸ˜ƒ

Shaheer is better but he really could do with some voice modulation. But I think with time they will get better and more confident with each other.

But it is a nice sweet love story, I hope nothing terrible happens, would hate to see the innocence and the blaze of first love that lights their eyes up disappear and replaced with disillusion and sadness.
r u a fan of taanu?   Edited by Abicool - 12 years ago
I loveee this show...😊 Anant n Navya r s0 cute...❀️ its backgr0unt muzc is suprbbb... n the s0ng NA JANE is awsm... πŸ‘πŸΌ
Soumya is new but Shaheer has done 2-3 showz b4 dis 1...