Navya

Soumya's acting!

soapbubble thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
I'm new to to this forum, and don't really know the atmosphere here, but just wanted to say a couple of things.

I've just been catching up on Navya for a couple of weeks and wanted to ask, does no one find that Soumya is a really awkward actress?
Don't get me wrong: she's pretty, I loved her in the promos and she looks great on the montage but in the epis, she contorts her face too much, her eyes shift ALL the time, as if she's just been caught with her hand perpetually in the cookie jar. She ALWAYS looks scared/nervous/guilty/distraught.
I really think she should stop with the shifty looks and act more calmly!

Yesterday, they showed the couple's first hug, for crying out loud and the way she wrinkled her face, she completely spoilt it for me.

Sorry, I really don't mean to hurt solid fans, but I like the story and Anant, and would find sitting through Navya far more bearable if Soumya would just underact slightly!
Do people agree?

Bubble

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

neetusidhu thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
i agree with you completely...shes really pretty and a good actor but ya the facial expressions are distracting, however she is brand new and it will take a while for her to get everything down right

-veena.shona- thumbnail

i so agree wid u , she is nt a gud actress at all😔

i dnt mean ny offence, bt ders really a big improvement frm d 1st epi til now👏

i m sure she bcum a vry gud actress as time passes☺️

Edited by veena_rocks - 12 years ago
Chemcart_MJ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
I agree with what you said ...but don't forget that she's a new actress so it will take time for improvement...
Locked by Browser Lock.
deeps07 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
but this is how navya should be naa.🤔...awkward with the modernity...yet admires the modern culture...but too scared to follow it...thats what she is portraying...😛...
and yeah...yesterday her first expression was different from the usual...yes ...i call it different...becz...navya is this kind of character😳.
..i tell u... i would have reacted the same way as her if it was me.😉...i mean...all those feelings are sooo new...and being hugged by the guy whom she admires..when she had never been even friends with a guy would make her confused and awkward..
.did u notice the way she gradually got comfortable in anant's arms...thats why i found it more realistic...i mean...through out the scene if she was uncomfortable then thr was something wrong with the character display...but she was comfortable hugging him later...i found it quite natural...😳

PS:...hey welcome to the forum yaar...🤗
Edited by deeps07 - 12 years ago
Anant_lover thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
That's just her character she has been very shy and akward with everyone she takes time to open up and is aways confused about life.
misty_drastifan thumbnail
i agree with u she should improve in her expressions
piya2025 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
 I sorta agree with deeps07 & even with you.Yes there is s'thing I dont like n that is what she always does with her eyebrows :S Thats irritating..otherwise its ok as she's new..With passing time she'll improve..
ShellJA thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Hey Bubble,

Funny "seeing" you here!  I find both of the leads are really green in their acting skills.   Her perpetual guilty look where her eye brows get almost parallel is getting tired already.  The boy playing Anant is super cute but he is awkward too so I find their scenes are a bit off and don't quite work for me.

I like the story they are trying to set up and it has tons of potential.  I try to watch the lead's scene emotionally from the perspective of first love, first obsessive attraction.   If I do that then it works for me otherwise the show is falling short.  

-Shelly
Edited by lovtv - 12 years ago
Priwonder thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
lol, this happens to every new actress in television and its kinda true.
i remember in tere liye, anupriya kappor who played taani was criticized for her acting and by the end of it, she was amazing and perfect at acting. she wasnt perfect when she started though but by the end of it, she truly was amazing. 

i guess the newbie's need time and soumya's the same. she needs more time and then she'll be good, and also her character is like that. its kinda awkward like you said. Give her time and you'll like her!😊