Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

#Devil's Den# - Fans in shock, SR was a wash (Page 85)

Meetu_Anu IF-Sizzlerz
Meetu_Anu
Meetu_Anu

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 8:17am | IP Logged
Hi... So what's going on guys :-).. I know about the so called SR... Well let the CV's go and drown in chull bhar well... So Whats new guys.. Saw LV's new post ..? Wish i could crew the CV's. So whats new guys?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

hegdemedha

Opti IF-Stunnerz
Opti
Opti

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 8:20am | IP Logged
Anu,I think the name of LVR's post is a clue as to what is to come. The real con is yet to come. We just got the precursor. It is 'under construction'. He did ask us to stay tuned, didn't he? Picture abhi bakki hai bai.

hegdemedha

Boogleton.Schiz IF-Dazzler

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 8:23am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

hegdemedha

hegdemedha IF-Dazzler
hegdemedha
hegdemedha

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 8:27am | IP Logged
It's a brilliant defence, counsel Opti. 

Thanks for referring me to it.  I don't think you've left out anything.

Yes, MSK has never been happy about Geet leaving any of his questions unanswered.  When she does not give him a verbal answer, he tries to read the answer in her eyes.  For instance, he did that when he wanted to know if he made a difference to her.  He did that again when he wanted her to verbalise her love for him (post RTM).

About MSK being bothered about the goons coming back, the goons had already demonstrated their intellect and presence of mind.  The only thing in their favour was the numerical strength, but he seemed to be quite equal to the task.  Given that they had walked around for the better part of the day with no trace of the goons behind them, it stood to reason that the goons were not hot on their trail.  And, given that Maan and Geet had walked a long way without sign of habitation before they found the tabela they took shelter in, it would be safe to assume that the goons' hideout was nowhere close by.

Arwenish IF-Dazzler
Arwenish
Arwenish

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 8:35am | IP Logged
Haste makes waste... 

in pre Roop Tera Mastana... creatives rushed things... after beautiful conversation they landed in Manali... story progressed in a zig zag way and sequence was so much hyped that viewers were disappointed...

similarly now... they hyped about consummation so much... rushed through KC sequence... Just to show Con out of blue Geet Maan journeyed towards unknown wedding and attacked by goons got separated from all and started to execute it... connection with story is missing... 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Deepzz-hegdemedhaXSilentPrayersX

Opti IF-Stunnerz
Opti
Opti

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 8:36am | IP Logged
A little of your brilliance is rubbing off me, Medha. When I watched the episode again I noticed Maan's gaze filled with desire and unspoken thoughts about wanting Geet to answer him while driving them down to the wedding. I could better connect with his seemingly out of place line in the tabela then.  

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Deepzz-hegdemedhaXSilentPrayersX

Opti IF-Stunnerz
Opti
Opti

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 8:39am | IP Logged
I didn't think that the connection was missing, Arwenish, at least the one between Maan and Geet. They have been hinting at the con all week through double meaning dialogues and symbolic scenes. Maan did bring it up quite bluntly the previous night.  The goons, the KC everything were props for this ultimate act.  It is another thing that the much hyped about act it slef was less than 5 minutes long while the props took the bulk of the time.    

Edited by Opti - 15 May 2011 at 8:39am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Deepzz-hegdemedha

hegdemedha IF-Dazzler
hegdemedha
hegdemedha

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 8:40am | IP Logged
@ Arwenish: About Geet and Maan behaving, sans any inhibitions, with Dev, I can actually offer an explanation.  It started off with the Holi episode, where Geet allowed Dev to apply the colour on her and applied colour to Dev herself, right?

Below is the relevant extract of my explanation for that episode.

Why did Geet allow Dev to apply colour to her?  Why did Geet apply colour on Dev's forehead?

[Caveat: I understand from posts that this was a last-minute call while the shoot was on and not a part of the original script. I, too, am unhappy with what was portrayed. Nonetheless, I will attempt to justify this on the basis of the past episodes.]

We were shown that Geet has forgiven Dev.  We are willing to live with that.  

Yet, when we saw Geet smile at Dev and allow him to apply colour, we were livid.  Our anger knew no boundaries when Geet went ahead and applied colour to Dev on his forehead (tilak).  She could forgive, we said, but not forget.  She ought to have shown discomfort when Dev attempted to apply colour on her, and she ought not to have applied colour to him.

But, then I asked myself to look at it from another perspective.  Let's go back to the episode at the farmhouse, the one where Geet forgave Dev.  Let's bear in mind here that, from Geet's point of view, Dev is truly repentant for what he did. Now, one of the reasons Geet gave for forgiving Dev was that she did not want anyone to be burdened on account of her.  She did not want Dev to be weighed down by the burden of his guilt.  I referred to this earlier and cited Geet's own first-hand experience of living a life laden with guilt or some other sorrow.  She has always expressed her reluctance for anyone else to be burdened on account of her.  A case in point is when she refused MSK's offer to be his fake fiancee telling him that she did not want his life to be weighed under the burdens of her life. Another instance is her decision to move out of the Manchandas' house, lest her pregnant status bring disrepute to the Manchandas.

So, what did we see? Dev applied colour to Grandma and instinctively moved to the next person, who happened to be Geet.  Dev hesitated and lowered his eyes in what could be construed as remnants of the burden of guilt that continued to plague him.  This was seen by Geet, who truly does not want anyone else to be burdened on account of her.  If she were to show any displeasure, it would indicate that she had merely mouthed the words of forgiveness, but not truly meant it.  By smiling at Dev, Geet indicated that she had truly forgiven him and sought to release Dev from the last vestiges of his guilt.  By applying colour to him (and the forehead was the only available respectable place) and wishing him a happy holi, she conveyed her wishes of a new start for the repentant man. A new start free of the burden of guilt.  A new start on the morning of Holi, the evil having been consigned to flames in the fire of holi during the preceding night.

---

Subsequently, after Geet left the house, we were shown that Maan too forgave Dev.  This was signified by him placing his hand on Dev's shoulder before he left for Amritsar.

So, if Dev is truly forgiven and that is to be conveyed, how can it be conveyed if Maan or Geet changed their expressions when he was around?  How can it be conveyed if they talk brusquely to him?  What is true forgiveness?  We let go completely of the past.  We let it go in such a way that the object that is the wrong done to us casts no shadow as we walk along -- no shadow behind us and no shadow ahead of us.

Edited by hegdemedha - 15 May 2011 at 8:57am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Deepzz-polly23

Go to top