Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Opti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago
I do hope they continue with the con and not postpone it to some other day when they have a welll prepared room which makes it all too filmy and cliched. This way it would retain its uniqueness.
Binge thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Loved ur analysis, Medha! ðŸ˜Š 

Actually speaking, this was indeed a good tactic frm CVs' side! They did not show the SR properly and all of us are hoping for Monday magic.. if that is not shown, we will keep waiting till they return Delhi.. Sam might appear and the saga for the CON will be on wait! ðŸ˜† Nice tactic to hook the viewers! ðŸ˜³
21-07 thumbnail
hey medha! was goin thru ur posts..they are fab..
acha answer my question naa which i posted..i m just askin for fun..
Opti thumbnail
Shraddha, the desire was there, only it was subtle and not loud.  We have been used to seeing steamier scenes so we can compare but under the circumstances, I think they did a reasonably good job.  Maaneet were fatigued from all the running around in the heat of summer. So that has to come through in the scene. They cannot look fresh as a daisy (as Medha put it). Moreover the actors too were fatigued I think.  I dont think they were doing it for the baby.  I agree with you that the previous day's line would make one think so. I did not like it when Maan said "Mein papa banna chahata huin."  If this was a euphemism for con it was in bad taste.  If he meant it, he is nuts. If we just look at it as Geet's consent to take their relationship to the next level as she herself said today, what followed was an expression of their love and not obligation.  
Edited by Opti - 12 years ago
hegdemedha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@ Shradha: I have to confess to being real bad at analysing such scenes.   Generally, I look for meaning and closures, where there is probably none.

Edit: Let's assume that Maan meant actual "fatherhood" and did not use it as a figure of speech.

Ok, let me put forth what I saw. 

What was the sequence again?  He is heading out to play the role of provider.  She stops him and asks him to play the role of protector. He asks her for her answer to his earlier question (about him wanting to become a father).  She -- one of the two, who we are told, understand each other perfectly -- looks at him.  He reads an answer in it to his question about fatherhood and verbalises her answer as a "no".  She pulls him back and tells him that her answer is a "yes".  She tells him that she is willing to take their relationship to the next level. 

Was this in response to the question he asked her the previous night?  

Or  was it an answer to the question raised during the RTM sequence, where he wanted her to voice her love for him before they took their relationship to the next level?  Let's remember that, just the night before, on the terrace, he told her that he loved her.  I can't remember .. did she too tell him that she loved him?

Or again, was it a completion of their decision prior to holi to start their relationship anew, afresh with the hope of a new family?

Now, if the desire was absent in both of their eyes, we can't accuse him of wanting to jump his wife, her weariness notwithstanding.  If the desire was present, I'd see it as an expression of love, not lust.

And, I'd take recourse to Opti's earlier post, where she points out how Geet's eyes took on a new shine after she expressed her consent to taking their relationship to the next level.

PS: Did I end up answering your question?  Actually, I am not sure if I can answer it.
Edited by hegdemedha - 12 years ago
XSilentPrayersX thumbnail
According to Ajay Agarwall 'Dilli door nahii"🤔   which means we might not get anything on Monday...😳
-pixie- thumbnail
Opti that is my whole problem- from a continuity point of view- it was such a botch job. Its not a sitcom where one episode will not have any relationship with the last one. This is a narrative- I, as a viewer, am not expecting too much if I link one episode with the next.
Opti thumbnail
Originally posted by: 21-07

ok guys! one question for you all since everbody is hopeful for monday( including me)
well, what would you do if the scene will not continue on monday??
I really want to knw..bcoz so far whatever we have been asking from CV's we dont get it.
be it geet playing holi with dev.
dev being a saint
dev-nandini pair.
geet's self talks..
list is too long..
so wht would you to do if they will not listen to you on monday too?

What can we do, but crib?  That's the only recourse for our frustrations. At the end of the day they will show what they want.  I would say, "Hope for the best and be prepared for the worst.
-pixie- thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Parisa-

According to Ajay Agarwall 'Dilli door nahii"🤔   which means we might not get anything on Monday...😳

Who is Ajay Aggarwal?
hegdemedha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@ Ruchika: Thanks.  But, I am in the minority of those (maybe a minority of one) who actually wouldn't mind if they don't continue the scene on Monday from where they left off last night.