#Devil's Den# - Fans in shock, SR was a wash - Page 74

Posted: 12 years ago
Ahh, the discussion continues.  Yet to go back and catch up on the discussion that precedes this.

The diner placed an order for a sizzling brownie with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream and chocolate sauce.  And, the diner was served only the ice-cream.

Was it the fault of the waiter at the table, the maitre d, the chef or the owner of the restaurant?

@medhaa🤗...

Edited by sun29 - 12 years ago
Originally posted by hegdemedha

Ahh, the discussion continues.  Yet to go back and catch up on the discussion that precedes this.

The diner placed an order for a sizzling brownie with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream and chocolate sauce.  And, the diner was served only the ice-cream.

Was it the fault of the waiter at the table, the maitre d, the chef or the owner of the restaurant?

Waiter- for he failed on the service element. Even if there was a logistical issue (lets assume the restaurant ran out of brownies)- the waiter should have communicated the same to the diner and offered some complimentary champagne to soothe frazzled nerves. After all in this business customer is king. Since the diner was left dissatisfied, (s)he may choose to never return to this restaurant! Whose loss is it then? Its easier to retain customers than to acquire new ones, I think this restaurant seems to have forgotten their marketing 101.

EDIT: I dont know who the waiter is supposed to be in this analogy (which I seem to have dragged to the max😆). I cant help but be reminded of the almost engagement in Oct. When GC became ill- they immediately released a press note- and while all fans were so looking forward to the engagement there was nary a murmur of protest as we saw our dreams going down the drain. If there were logistical issues this time, which lead to their non-performance (pun totally intended) why could they not have done some damage control to scale down expectations?
Edited by -pixie- - 12 years ago
@Medha, Sun, Opti, Roshni: 🤗

Medha, I finally did put down some of my thoughts a couple of pages ago (I think page 93) on why the scene did not work for me. 😆

ps: Who is the waiter in the analogy above?
Edited by -pixie- - 12 years ago
  @medha..waiter..for he took the order ,placed the order and served the order...he was the bridge of communication between the customer and the chef...he knew what he ordered for  them hence he should have made sure that customer got what he ordered or else should have made the necessary apology for lack of serivce
Originally posted by -pixie-

Its easier to retain customers than to acquire new ones, I think this restaurant seems to have forgotten their marketing 101.

I so totally agree. In their sudden eagerness to get new customers, are they letting go of old customers who were loyal. Will the new ones be fickle and keep coming back like the old customers or have a meal and push off to another new restaurant leaving everyone dissatisfied. Only time will tell 😛
@ Kavita, Opti, Parisa, Pop77 (may I know your name please?), Saj, Shradha: Hello all

@ Shradha: A quick response.  I am yet to go back and catch up on the discussion.  I just put in the players.  The field is still open as to who the waiter is.  Is the waiter the one who bore glad tidings of the dessert on offer?😆

Edit

@ Usha: Good afternoon.
Edited by hegdemedha - 12 years ago

@usha🤗..i soo agreee

@ Saj  👏  for the art exhibition and rice and boiling water explanation.