Article about Sanaya' new show

EkPahelii thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago

Post-IPL, expect a flurry of shows

Post-IPL, expect a flurry of shows

All TV producers are wary of the season, with reason. As everyone knows, IPL is not the best time to launch new shows, particularly reality shows, which get hit the hardest.

Once IPL ends on May 28, it's going to rain new shows across channels. Sony will launch the Indian version of popular international talent hunt X Factor on May 29. The show has enjoyed seven seasons in UK and has broken all viewership records there.

Sony's head of programming Ajay Bhalwankar says X Factor will redefine the music genre when it comes to talent, quality of singing and presentation. "Lakhs of people have been auditioned. In terms of audio and visual effects it's going to be the biggest show ever on Indian television," he promises.

A day after X Factor's launch, the channel will add another fiction show to its prime time. Ekta Kapoor's mature love story between an upbeat woman and a reclusive businessman titled Bade Acche Lagte Hain will be telecast on weekdays from May 29.

Star Plus will follow soon with its new offerings Just Dance and Iss Pyaar Ko Main Kya Naam Du. Just Dance will mark Hrithik Roshan's debut on television and will have participants from India as well as abroad.

Iss Pyaar Ko Main is a story of two opposites (a shrewd and streetsmart guy who thinks money can buy anything while the girl is full of goodness and family values) falling in love and how the girl brings a change in him. Comedy channel SAB's new offering Ammaji Ki Galli will go on air from June 20.

The show, according to its business head Anooj Kapoor, is based in Amritsar and marks the comeback of Farida Jalal in the lead. It also has Rakshanda Khan playing a sweet character. "It is a story of six families living in a street and how Ammaji, who is the central figure, helps them to overcome their daily problems," he adds.

Colors' new fiction offering is Hamari Saas Leela. It will be followed by the launch of Khatron Ke Khiladi 4 with Akshay and 13 hot babes on its weekend band.

While Sony, Star Plus and Colors will refresh their programming with a fiction and reality shows each, Zee and Imagine are preparing for the launch of non-fiction shows Li'l Champs and Ratan Ka Rishta, respectively. While the start of the IPL season makes things tough for GECs, they heave a sigh of relief when it ends.

Now it remains to be seen whether these new launches will bring back viewers on the general entertainment platform!

Link thanks to Meera 🤗

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/channels/showbiz/tv-guide/post-ipl-expect-flurry-shows-470

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

naz17555 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Thanks! Seems to give a small snippet about the show...well a tiny bit about sans character anyway!
Ozymandias thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Full of goodness and family values? Ehh... I hope its not tooo goody-goody of a character.
naz17555 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: trouble_maker

Full of goodness and family values? Ehh... I hope its not tooo goody-goody of a character.

Biniii!  lmaooo i knowww! I want something different! Weve seen her do goody goody already! lolzz
GulaabiAakhein. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
OMGGG Hrithik Roshan... *FAINTS*
P.Srinivas thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
I think this characer  of Sanaya  may have some similarities with Gunjan character.I am sure Sanaya will do 100% justice to this character also.Strory line seems to be very intresting.Thanks for sharing the article.
ragzz. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8
i cannot wait to watch this..thanks for sharing SS :)
Ozymandias thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: naz17555

Biniii!  lmaooo i knowww! I want something different! Weve seen her do goody goody already! lolzz

nazzz!!! *jumps on u* lol🤗 
I noo...nything like gunjan and i'll be seriously pissed off. not that im expecting nything good from this show, but still...
Joseph_A thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
What a Romantic n Cute Name...😍 Iss PYAR Ko Main Kya Naam Doon ?😍...Hiii... I Loved it.😳 Story concept looking so Interesting😳...and PROMO coming soon...!!😲😳 I can't wait any more...😳 Its really looking different from any typical 'Saas-Bahu' saga. 😊looking very promising SHOW.

Silhoutte92 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
vow buisness tycon n lovely girl😆vell this tycon could b more intersting😉anyvays
thanks for sharing neha😳