Clarification to those who did nt lik PAPA lines - Page 3

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by sldeeps

i have already posted my opinion on this issue in another thread but still feel like sharing my POV here as well
------------------------------------------------------

from my POV "papa" dialogue is offending to some of us because we as fans want MAANEET to take their relationship to next level so we are feeling that MAAN asked GEET about consummation indirectly but as per the story that is not the case MAAN really want to become "papa" he doesn't mean con i can say this because along with GEET , MAAN also connected himself emotionally to the baby though he is not baby's biological father.
He is equally suffering the loss of their baby as that of GEET since he is a man the way of expressing grief is not shown to the world but he too suffered a lot.

Now he wants to make GEET happy he has mentally prepared himself to become a father very much earlier and now he wishes to express his decision to his wife so he chose this way.He is absolutely correct in using "papa" dialogue. But we as audience forgot all the pain they have undergone and feel that y is he using indirect ways to express his desire of consummating his wife. If MAAN really want to do this he doesn't need any sort of permission form GEET he very well knows that GEET could never deny him we have already seen this in RTM sequence.

this is what i understood when i tried to keep myself in MAAN's place (even though i am a girl i tried to place myself in his place and tried to analyze y he used those words)

@ Red, 

I agree !

I respect your view but what i thought is that he was asking about taking their relationship to next level ! He already said it that he wanted to start from point one with geet !

And, when he said this to geet, i do not think so, he really mean it ! There was no wish of becoming father ! He said it coz he wanted her to understand that, he is emotionally involved in the relationship and wants to start it all over again ! And, it is an indirect way to ask for physical closeness but i know, maan was much ahead then we are ! He did say those words to respect her and to present it in decent manner !

And, yes he was always ready for becoming father, before hubby, he became father ! So, there is no doubt about his wish ! But, i think they were just talking about taking their relation to next level ! Indeed, there was no baby planning at all ! 

Originally posted by maanddy

Ha ! You just showed me and motivated me to care less ! So, now me also screaming who cares ? 🤣

I did earlier..as I dint want to offend others ..but though I still refuse to stoop to their level to act 'cool' ...I don't care anymore before stating my thoughts...till I stick to IF's CoC I don't care who gets offended reading me...
Originally posted by nanditasingh

I did earlier..as I dint want to offend others ..but though I still refuse to stoop to their level to act 'cool' ...I don't care anymore before stating my thoughts...till I stick to IF's CoC I don't care who gets offended reading me...

Woah ! Lady, quite bold ! 👏 Me too following this policy, as i can't predict to love this circus track and 'no-soul-characters' ! 😆

I'm a lazy old person... I soo much like discussions if only they were oral activities... since we already talked a lot on the other post n then I chanced on this post of yours... here's the jist of my 2cents on what I think about the dialogue that I also talked about elsewhere. Its for others who seemed to share your thoughts:

1. Maan is also grieveing... he was also looking forward to the baby even though it wasnt biologically his.. he didnt express his depression at having lost the child as he had decided to remain strong for geet...so he too wants to fill that unwanted vaccuum left by the miscarriage in their lives...hence the statement "Main Papa banna chahta hu"
2. Their conversation about Geet's laughter and happiness probably reminded Maan why they were there at geet's maasi's place - miscarriage caused geet's depression, Maan's grieving, Geet forgiving Dev to restart her life.. and then amongst all this Maan's decision to replace their lost baby with another one that they would make.. hence correcting his mistake and fulfilling his promise to geet that he would be responsible for her happiness - the happpines that Geet in form of a child that she holds in highest regard but she lost it due to unfortunate circumstances...n then everything else went downhill... so its Maan's attempt to restart life where they left it in happy times... when she was pregnant and he was looking forward to share his love with the new member in his life...
3. Maan understands that currently Maasi's place that doesnt hold any memories of the baby but when they talk about returning to Delhi, then probably he also is reminded that geet will return back to a place that she left when she was at her lowest emotional suffering.. a place that held memories of her baby... hence by saying what he did, he just showed Geet that he is fully supportive of her conceiving again and he as a partner would be happy to bring this change in his life as for a grieving mother who miscarried more often than not a second conception is a way to overcome and fill in her loss...n he is only willing to support and help her fill in the gap that their loss has caused... coz even though they have conversed a lot since their patchup yet they havent talked the root cause of their relationship's downhill journey and that is Loss of their Baby... perhaps giving words to their pain will help them cope with it better and will heal their unseen emotional scars sooner and also strengthen their bond more...

@ nandu,

Oh i really did miss you !

And, regarding your point about lust and need ! Yeah Maan disappointed those who are obsessed with SR and yeah one more thing,

As i said already to you there ! The statement you gave was so bold at least here on GF ! Get yourself prepared for some 'Gyan' ! 🤣 But, i LOVED YOU, for saying that !

Last night, i was SO SAD and LOW when i read somewhere that, Maan takes geet as baby making machines ! But, somehow, thanks to my frnz i controlled my super boiling and rebellious nature and with peace of mind, i did it this noon ! Thank god, i did not blow up last night ! 😆

Here is what i want to say about line disliking and other unavoidable 'points' :

I'm so shocked at the people, who did not even realize that she is being friendly with her ex and aarti and tikha and laddu ? 😲 Moving on man ! Seems she finally saw fast track ad and implemented it immediately. 😆

And, yeah no one can see the whole big scene with music effect with the ex but mere one line grab attention and disliking ! 😲 This again proves that, Maan is something, someone, you can love, you can hate but you can never IGNORE ! 😳

I think, either everyone is pretending to like her with her ex and her 'Moving On' strategy or they have bad taste ! 😆 Or, i have bad taste and i'm old fashioned ! 😆 Last one has highest probability ! 😆

I don't know, seems everyone blinded by SR so much that ex and her scene or laddu sharing does not matter at all ! As if it was some 'Offline' scene wrongly edited and telecast ! 😆

But as i said, at the end of the day, ITS A FICTIONAL SHOW ! Don't need to use brain but kya kare ? People provoke me so much yaar ! 😆

Nandu, I hope i have not hurt you ! 🤣

Ahh! you hurt me by being so straight forward 😆
Lol! as I said there too..I care less now about people wanting to throw daggers at me.. their opinion never mattered ..nor matters now ..& sure wont ever matter in future so why will their disliking my thoughts bother me...
As for 'fiction' well my brains are part of me & i credit myself for being intelligent so I think too & fiction or no fiction i cannot keep my brain aside in the name of drooling for MaanEet passion or 'shirtless' Maan

Are yr ! What to do ? I thought you will be going to make some sense into me ? 🤣🤣🤣

Okay now i will think about flowers ! Say it what you wanna say ? 😉

😆 ..typing yaar...but its not making any sense to me..so dont mind or shocked when u find it totally useless or senseless...because am still in my training mood..😛

@ Red, 

I agree !

I respect your view but what i thought is that he was asking about taking their relationship to next level ! He already said it that he wanted to start from point one with geet !

And, when he said this to geet, i do not think so, he really mean it ! There was no wish of becoming father ! He said it coz he wanted her to understand that, he is emotionally involved in the relationship and wants to start it all over again ! And, it is an indirect way to ask for physical closeness but i know, maan was much ahead then we are ! He did say those words to respect her and to present it in decent manner !

And, yes he was always ready for becoming father, before hubby, he became father ! So, there is no doubt about his wish ! But, i think they were just talking about taking their relation to next level ! Indeed, there was no baby planning at all

yar if u r right that there is no baby planning at all then I didn't like that papa dialogue.whether he tried to put it in a descent way or anything ... MSK doesn't need permission he can go with it no need to communicate regarding this. they can become intimate enough when the right time comes did he ever discuss about physical intimacy before ????????? i think no they had quite a few intimate scenes without planning to be together then y is he  discussing now and unnecessarily bringing baby in between his wish to express physical desires for her

Edited by sldeeps - 12 years ago
@maddy. I agree with you. The papa line was another way for Maan telling Geet that he wanted to be close to her physically.

That's the first the thing that crossed my mind when he said that line. I didn't take it any other way.

Woah ! Lady, quite bold ! 👏 Me too following this policy, as i can't predict to love this circus track and 'no-soul-characters' ! 😆

Thanks to my friends I am following this policy & attitude ...waise bhi this is public forum not any groups property that they will make a field day with their group attacks, snide comments & cool act...I have learnt to give them what they owe from me now..Royal ignore ..😉
Edited by nanditasingh - 12 years ago
agree with you and maddy,  I actually totally understand why he said that. especially since for geet's sake he had to become papa first without being a lover or husband. So that line was appropriate.