Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kam

Gaurav Ke Side Effects(confessions of crazy fans)

Thinker_Belle thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

It all started when I began watching YPNHK. Yes, you guessed it right. This is another one of my famous confessions.(or should I say infamous 😳) You are right, I find so much joy in confessing my innermost thoughts virtually, with all of you 😳. Its theraputic. You should try it too, sometimes.

Allright. Now coming to the topic. Have you ever felt this strange fascination towards someone, whom you've never met, but you feel like you've known them all your life?

What? πŸ˜² Ok fine. I'll cut the crap, and come straight to point. 

I've been missing Gaurav so much since his last show ended . Its like an addiction.. watching him on TV. I know you'll all agree its so tough to watch some other show which he's not in. I did try, but no.. I couldn't..Not seeing him everyday sucks πŸ˜”.  You know it does! Didn't you all  go totally gaga over that Tata Venture ad a few days back and confess yourselves that it'd be great if he came back on another show?? y'all totally did! πŸ˜ƒ

Anyways. I was talking how the whole equation of my life changed since last year, since I started hangin out with you all. When  I casually mentioned this to Hina when we were "sight seeing" at Ratlam (Yeah, thats what we do. Sachi!), she wanted me to immidiately make a post on it (although she was kind enough to let me take a few days before I actually made it, but her deadline was today)

I know all of you have undergone this "phenomena"  (Yes you do.. Its GK, people!)and I find it strange that none of you've told me (yeah.. this is all about me finding out things πŸ˜›) how this has affected your real lives. Like literally.  I know mine's been so drastically different, that my family, while conversing, refer to me as pre serial Tanu and post serial Tanu. (Crazy, right?? I know.. and they call me crazy. Duh!! )

So I decided to make a list of stuff thats... lets say a bit different from what used to be in my life. I also decided to call it the "Side effects of GK" . I know you all have your own ones too, and some of you'll share it πŸ˜‰. Without much ado, here it is:

1.  I watch tele serials. (I swear I hadn't done that in a long long time.. not the Indian tele serials. But point to be noted is that I only watch shows that have GK in them πŸ˜ƒ)

2. I know a lot about TRPs, Product placements, sponsers, PHs, Channels, CVs, Promotions,  and other technicalities that boggle the mind of simple people who watch TV for entertainment. (I used to be one of them)The fact that we all wrote a lot of stuff about them says that you all learnt that stuff tooπŸ˜›.  

3. My daily activites are scheduled around who is online, either here or... there.  πŸ˜†πŸ˜† The main thing is to muse when is the break getting over and which new show will he appear next, also if he feels all the "love" we send his way  (☺️) and will he acknowledge it. GK, there's a one in a million chance you'll read this (and i'll take it 😳), if you do, just please send a smiley our way... that would really mean a lot. (If i sound desperate.. its bcoz I AM 😳) 

4. I'm "friends" with or "friend of friends" with a lot of people from the TV fraternity... I never thought in a million years that this would happen. TV? Me?? kabhi nahin...πŸ˜† Are the starone people filing a complaint on us yet? πŸ˜‰

5. The other day I saw on TV this news about Arnold Swazzeneger (i dunno how his last name is spelt) is splitting up with his wife of 25 years... all I could think was  Terminator movies and if Arnold's term as the governor of California is over , now he can do a terminator sequel... Yeah. I know. Its hopeless.Not one ounce of sympathy for such a long term marriage dissolving.

6. .I find humor in things that are.. hard to explain to "others"πŸ˜†πŸ˜†  How can I tell anyone why a particular shade of blue makes me smile?  Why Akshay Kumar's songs make me smile... why the T-Shrits with funny messages are sooo funny.. why Sheila is so awesome...why that silly old LAMP is so darn special (everytime I see it in those interviews, I get thrilled... remember babe? MERE PAAS LAMP HAI..πŸ˜†πŸ˜†)

7. I'm watching youtube videos of MDTA... and liking them... Sigh. If  only anyone who know me in real life will come to know of it, I'll be dead, because I used to laugh at people who watched TV shows were "consummation" of marriage was the biggest drama of all times. I understand their plight now.

8.I cannot explain why I get all nostalgic when I see Eiffel Tower, either in movies, or pictures or just... I saw one at a store the other day, you know, that memento types, and I felt this pang in the heart.. Sigh..

I'll update somemore as and when I remember them...

I know you all have got some too... care to share it here? πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by --Tanu-- - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ssroomani thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
πŸ€—

Tanu...πŸ€— πŸ€—  you are the bestest of bahus!  What a post...I have a lot of side effects too..of discovering Gaurav Khanna!

I will update this post when I have tamed my diarrhea of thoughts into some semblance of order...and can express them without confusing people...

GK ka side effects...most important one is I learned to blush again!  β˜ΊοΈ  β˜ΊοΈ  β˜ΊοΈ  β˜ΊοΈ  β˜ΊοΈ

Well Tanu, I am updating my post!  GK ka side effects are too many and very strange but wonderful!  πŸ˜³

I agree with you about scheduling my daily activities to who is online and where and when!  πŸ˜† My PC remains on the whole day and I keep checking in often in between other activities of daily living to see what has happened to whom and where and when and how and if there is some dhamaka, the activities of daily living go for a toss as I become stuck to the PC!  πŸ˜‰  πŸ˜²

I was a tech challenged ignoramus who could not say boo to the computer or the internet, but I plunged into the ocean of virtual world without knowing swimming!  πŸ˜› I have learned so much now that at times I talk about or do things which confounds my daughter!  πŸ˜‰ I am still learning and now trying to unravel the mysteries of making a VM.  I don't care how long it takes me to learn, but I shall make a VM some day soon!  Learning new things has given me so much happiness! πŸ˜Š

I used to watch tele serials but off and on as one could always make out the story even if you missed a few episodes.  I was a casual soap watcher until YPNHK happened.  For the first time in my life, I watched a show without missing a single episode (well, I missed one on TV due to a storm which cut the cable lines once and it was agony 😲 until I caught up on Youtube!).   Not only YPNHK, even DSDV I watched without missing a single telecast!  In fact, I annoyed my daughter many times πŸ˜† when I refused to move from the sofa when the episodes were aired, but I just stuck my heels in and did not give in!

I learned to enjoy rain,😳 that is getting wet in the rain!  I hated it before but now a shower doesn't unfaze me!  I once shocked my daugther when she came home from work soaked to the skin and grumbling by saying, "it is only paani...why fuss so much?" πŸ˜† She gave me a look and said in the best filmy way, "Yeh meri maa nahin ho sakti!" πŸ€£

I learned my way around the virtual world; in fact, I am so comfortable now that I am willing to try anything new with the excitement of a child with a new toy..πŸ˜ƒ..and it has made me shed decades!  πŸ˜³ When I chat here with girls younger than my daughter, I feel as young as they are!

I rediscovered my sense of romance 😳and humor  πŸ˜†which had gone into hibernation for some time.  So much so that people around me noticed the change and asked me whether I was in love, that I looked like it!  πŸ˜• I was in love...but I could not tell anyone with whom and how!  β˜ΊοΈ And when things went out of control like wanting to laugh on hearing "kya kya" - I would go and lock myself in the ladies room at work and have my laugh out! πŸ˜† It was difficult to keep a straight face in meetings even when serious issues were being discussed!  I only saw the ridiculous in every happening! πŸ˜ƒ

As I said earlier, I learned to blush again...☺️.something I have not done in ages!  I went around with a goofy expression on my face for days after the week of June 7 to 10 and blushed off and on!  β˜ΊοΈ

I learned the joy of music again and now listening to old and romantic Hindi songs is my favorite stress buster! πŸ˜›  I sometimes go into a trance with the power of imagination! πŸ˜³

I have developed a second identity which makes me do mad things in the virtual world!   My real family knows nothing and I live in two worlds now...and when they merge once in a while, it does become hilarious! 🀣 My daughter has given up on me and leaves me alone, and luckily I have no one else who would interfere in my virtual life!  πŸ˜›

But the best of all was the family I found here, betas and bahus and damaad and the rest! πŸ€— Being Gaurav's online mummy is the best side effect of all!  πŸ˜³ In fact, I have blended so much into that role that every time he says he is a mama's boy, I feel a thrill going through me!  β€οΈ As everyone said here, there is a one in a million chance you will read this Gaurav...I am taking that chance...I hope you do! πŸ˜›

There are many, many more side effects...will keep adding as I remember them!

πŸ˜‰
Edited by ssroomani - 12 years ago
Raconteuse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Tanuuu !!! You changed your ID .. Our IDs are now similar with "--" πŸ˜† (Yeah , I'm so random!) But You'll still be the original 10on10 , eh! I would have given a thesis , if exams were not over my head . But to cut it short, I can relate to every point you mentioned. Waiting for news and interviews, "Online" timings scheduled according to who comes online and whereπŸ˜† etc. 

1. Apart from the things you mentioned, the very mention of MS Dhoni makes me smile. There are only two cricket fanatics at my home, me and my papa ( aah well , the online one tooπŸ˜†πŸ˜› ) Hence, Dhoni ( and others too ) often come up in our conversations, and I just end up smiling.

2. Visualising how he would look with actresses he hasn't worked with. Sometime back , I was visualising merged scenes between him and Shilpa Anand. So much so that I downloaded her Riddhima/Shilpa scenes 😲 * shocked *

3. Randomly, words like Chaddi Buddies make me laughπŸ˜†

4. Songs - Old or New , related or not related.

PS : Ekta Maiyya is coming up with a new serial and guess what the name of the show is .. Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas, Tum Rehte Ho😲Its on our very own berang dhakkan channel .πŸ₯± ChugalKhor Aunty ne batayaπŸ₯±

5. This reminds me! Its because of him that I watch ChugalKhor Aunty's segmentsπŸ˜† and I don't think I need to tell the real reason for watching itπŸ˜†

6. Abbreviation OMG was never so important before.😳

7. I started making VMs and Avis.😲 I was never interested in things like Photoshop/WMM/Vegas/Animation Shop ( didn't even know that some of them existed πŸ˜† ).  Or buying magazines carrying his articles/interviews.😲 All GR8 magazines are either kept in between my books or in my laptop bag so that it doesn't reach my family membersπŸ˜† They'll think I've gone crazy collecting TV magazines😲

9. Me actually writing all this with my university exams starting day after😲😲* Double Shocked * 

There might be one in a million chance of him reading this ( which I think is possible , My Jaasoosi Partner-lag jao kaam peπŸ˜† ).

Edited by --Naina-- - 12 years ago
GauravsDbest thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Tanuuu πŸ€—what a post!I can write a hundred points on this!!!Love u!!!But why did u change ur username?I liked the previous one more!!!
GauravsDbest thumbnail
@Nainu...referring to ur second point, have u watched this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPlq3nX2RfE
GauravsDbest thumbnail
OK maybe i need to abstain from replying here for one day!Never knew this could be so hard!But I've got my most important exam tomorrow-CLAT...will reply tomorrow:)awesome, awesome post!!!!U rock⭐️
Raconteuse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

This content was originally posted by: GauravsDbest

@Nainu...referring to ur second point, have u watched this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPlq3nX2RfE

Yep Shrek, I watched it long back. Even shared it with some of us here..

Thinker_Belle thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
@Shobs - πŸ€—  Awww!!!!!

I know all about it... with you, we've created a monster!!!!!🀣🀣  But what a cute, lovely monster... I love how all your special talents are coming out and I'm so proud of how tech savvy you've become! be it the capturing of caps or making those comic strip pics or navigating through social networking sites! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†  I'm very sure you'll make awesome VMs in no time!!

@Naina - πŸ€—  Miss you so much! There's so much happening and we need our Naramchand Jasoos!  Cant wait for your exams to be over.
Btw you noticed that I styled my ID just like urs..πŸ˜†πŸ˜†  I hope we'll set this new trend for people to follow. Imagine how cool it'll be if we all styled it the same way! Wouoldn't that be amazing??πŸ˜ƒ  and Thanks baby!  I'll always be 10on10 amongst you guys!πŸ€—
Oh, MSD, chuddi buddies =  πŸ€£πŸ€£
And what??  Pal pal dil ke paas???😲😲  Now that's gonna hurt...

@Shrek - Thanks πŸ€—  and thanks for the link... it refreshed a lot of  memories... (sigh)  All the best for the exams, and cant wait to know your take on this.  πŸ˜ƒ  Afterall, the youngest (maybe) and the most well informed fan of GK must have some "hatke" side effects.. nai?πŸ˜‰
hinz thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 9

aaawww babe ,u rock !
u sucha pativrata sachi !
but yeh kya ?  Tanu ???  hmmm *gives a cheeky I-know-why smile*

now where do i begin *sigh*
u know my list is gonna be mad and it might reveal a lot of unknown stuff but karna toh padega ...right now I'm sooo exhausted after a long tiring day but can't stop grinning abt the news of GK hosting a show ...

I shall be back ...
I need to call a few ppl with my OMG greeting abhi ...I was so wanting to use it and he gives me a reason ...love u Gaurav !

p.s:@ Nainu - i get the hint hun πŸ˜‰ ho jayega kaam...tu bindaas hoke exam de
@mummyji - u'r the best virtual mum we LMLMs cud have πŸ€—
@Shrek - good luck with the exam

luv u ppl !

ssroomani thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

πŸ˜†   Ek aur side effect...

Seeing Gaurav ka ghar side effect  ...Though I am quite a neat nut myself...to see his house so neat and organized gave me quite a complex.  πŸ˜²   I am on a spring cleaning spree right now and seeing his house has increased the frenzy!   πŸ€”  And there are days when I end up doing too much and get tired out...πŸ˜”...but kya karoon?   and I realize this is one of the not so nice side effects!  πŸ˜•

🀣