When a story is not properly told...

..Anusha.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
How hard is it to tell a compelling love story?  Not that hard. It just needs some heart, some passion and commitment to the characters and a cast of supporters.

Chemistry does matter, but only when all of the above is in place. Just putting two people together in a frame on screen does NOT equate to a hit show!  I don't care if it's Rudr-Gauri or Rudr-Pihu. It's an insult to everyone when everything that we hold dear in a relationship is butchered,mangled,distorted and then presented to us as acceptable. It's NOT acceptable!  We are human beings!  We have aspirations and dreams. We have hopes of seeing love, yes even on screen. Instead we got a half hearted show. Of course the ratings quickly showed us that we were right. We were sane people. What we believed to be decent and true was vindicated. No matter how small a sample, no matter the inaccuracies, the ratings showed a slide. And yet it went on...😆...in prime time!  Looks like viewers are just not respected at all and channels can afford to use shows like this to fill prime time slots and carry on for months. Each month worse than the previous. This doesn't give me much hope for new shows. Even if they launch, they wind up in under a year.

But every cloud has a silver lining. We may see an overhaul of the whole industry soon. Because this cannot continue forever. Something has to give. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JuhiR thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: locman

How hard is it to tell a compelling love story?  Not that hard. It just needs some heart, some passion and commitment to the characters and a cast of supporters.

Chemistry does matter, but only when all of the above is in place. Just putting two people together in a frame on screen does NOT equate to a hit show!  I don't care if it's Rudr-Gauri or Rudr-Pihu. It's an insult to everyone when everything that we hold dear in a relationship is butchered,mangled,distorted and then presented to us as acceptable. It's NOT acceptable!  We are human beings!  We have aspirations and dreams. We have hopes of seeing love, yes even on screen. Instead we got a half hearted show. Of course the ratings quickly showed us that we were right. We were sane people. What we believed to be decent and true was vindicated. No matter how small a sample, no matter the inaccuracies, the ratings showed a slide. And yet it went on...😆...in prime time!  Looks like viewers are just not respected at all and channels can afford to use shows like this to fill prime time slots and carry on for months. Each month worse than the previous. This doesn't give me much hope for new shows. Even if they launch, they wind up in under a year.

But every cloud has a silver lining. We may see an overhaul of the whole industry soon. Because this cannot continue forever. Something has to give. 

Well said!  You summed it up very well.  This show was a mockery of our patience.  Anyway, hope the best for all the actors.
Shineon thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I just hope these CV's change their profession, this is definitley not their field - they know nothing about telling a story and captivate audiance. They butchered a good concept by stupid stupid dialogues and really bad scenes in and out.

***Edit** they have been insulting our intelligence as viewers, just bcos we put up with this show due to our love for one or the other actor in the show. I do not think there is one viewer who continues watching this show for the show, now the audience only consist of fans be it MIK fans or AG fans or BS fans etc 
Edited by Rach1 - 12 years ago
zaara10 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I don't understand who they get as writers or cvs fir these shows and y they're so darn bad at their jobs! like u said, is it that hard? If so, get a new job, or ppl who r better at it. So much potential for a unique, different kind of serial and look what happened... Too bad.