India-Forums

Prince only L & P (Page 2)

manzanas_asadas Goldie
manzanas_asadas
manzanas_asadas

Posted: 13 May 2011 at 11:31pm | IP Logged
I agree! At least the others are showing us all kinds of styles even if they aren't known for them..Prince is ALWAYS doing the same thing. He doesn't even come in duos trying something different. I mean I am not telling him to do another genre..he could try different varieties of hip hop..there are sooo many sub sections..he has only been doing L & P.I am sure there's so much he can do in hip hop because he has that flexibility and that stiffness required.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

luv2danceThatOneGuy

luv2dance Senior Member
luv2dance
luv2dance

Posted: 13 May 2011 at 11:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Dabulls23

Originally posted by luv2dance

Why fix something which ain't broken...

There are more than one contestant in this show who are basically doing same type or may be lil variation but not much versatile...No one talks abt them...

May I know whom are you referring to? Just curious to know Smile
Lord have mercy LOL

Wouldn't you like that Wink  Aaah it is for me to know and you to keep guessing LOL

Pooriki poori sena mere peechey pad jaayegi OuchEmbarrassedTongue

Well, I gotcha LOL
manzanas_asadas Goldie
manzanas_asadas
manzanas_asadas

Posted: 13 May 2011 at 11:47pm | IP Logged

Why fix something which ain't broken...

There are more than one contestant in this show who are basically doing same type or may be lil variation but not much versatile...No one talks abt them...

May I know whom are you referring to? Just curious to know Smile
Lord have mercy LOL

Wouldn't you like that Wink  Aaah it is for me to know and you to keep guessing LOL

Pooriki poori sena mere peechey pad jaayegi OuchEmbarrassedTongue

Well, I gotcha LOL

I know who she's referring to, but we all know that the statement is false since the guy has proved his versatility tons of times..he does indian folk and semi classical too..there's no question when it comes to him..so one can't even compare prince with him..I didn't want to bring him in, but what is right needs to be defended sometimes. Now, you guys can say sena or whatever..that doesn't matter.LOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Natkhatpariluv2danceThatOneGuyanjananazir

Dabulls23 IF-Stunnerz
Dabulls23
Dabulls23

Posted: 14 May 2011 at 12:07am | IP Logged
Ms Aiich ji I was not talking abt who you are defending...I said more than one...He may or may not be in my list of more than one Tongue

MrManagementyipee

MrManagement Goldie
MrManagement
MrManagement

Posted: 14 May 2011 at 12:26am | IP Logged
I have always thought that it is good be good in one thing, then be average in all things.Wink Prince is excellent in locking and popping and no one in DKS is better than himCool. People will remember him for his style, I mean he kind of made locking and popping famous in india. Before DID 1 not many people knew about that style of dancing or it wasn't as popular. Being Prince fan since DID 1, I am have not blind sighted myself to the fact that there are other that may be better than himShocked, but if he stick to what he does best one day he might be known internationally. I do understand that he should do other styles but since is the price of l&p he had to do a sole on that, and both of the takkar he was asked by the judges to do L&P. So if the demand is there why should he stopConfused.  Also, MJ is famous for breakdancing that is what he did. If your definition of a star is that they should do more than one dance form imagine MJ doing contemporaryROFL. I would not have paid to see that. Frankly, I don't get bored of seeing him do L&PBig smile, so if you don't like what he does switch channel when he preformsWink.

Roshni.xbratz007

yipee IF-Sizzlerz
yipee
yipee

Posted: 14 May 2011 at 12:39am | IP Logged

Personally yes I prefer a dancer to be more versatile, so even i wasnt really a Prince fan in DID1 and similarly there are few other contestants as well with the same issue...

However it is a fact that from a career/popularity perspective he isnt at a loss...he is excellent in L&P and is extremely popular for this style...infact not just dancing but in other fields as well you have people who have created a mark for themselves for their particular style... But on the post, yes as a viewer I after a point do get bored with the same style from the same person again and again, esp yest's face off I think I just could not hold my attention for this very reason that it kinda looked too repetitive to me..

Being a dancer myself I just love to see diff forms of dance and versatility and personally I dont feel like a complete dancer unless I can gain some command over few diff styles...But every dancer should be super strong in 1 style atleast...So you should be a master of one, and jack of few others IMO:)

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

tawasheluv2danceLeadNitrate

Dabulls23 IF-Stunnerz
Dabulls23
Dabulls23

Posted: 14 May 2011 at 12:42am | IP Logged
Mr. MGMT I can never get tired of watching both MJs either Singing, Dancing or Kicking you know what on the BB Court Tongue Day Dreaming

Sometimes it is better to be excellent in one thing than average on most...With these Indian shows they throw so many  things under contemporary which surely is not..Embarrassed

Edited by Dabulls23 - 14 May 2011 at 12:44am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

MrManagement

MrManagement Goldie
MrManagement
MrManagement

Posted: 14 May 2011 at 12:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by yipee

Personally yes I prefer a dancer to be more versatile, so even i wasnt really a Prince fan in DID1 and similarly there are few other contestants as well with the same issue...

However it is a fact that from a career/popularity perspective he isnt at a loss...he is excellent in L&P and is extremely popular for this style...infact not just dancing but in other fields as well you have people who have created a mark for themselves for their particular style... But on the post, yes as a viewer I after a point do get bored with the same style from the same person again and again, esp yest's face off I think I just could not hold my attention for this very reason that it kinda looked too repetitive to me..

Being a dancer myself I just love to see diff forms of dance and versatility and personally I dont feel like a complete dancer unless I can gain some command over few diff styles...But every dancer should be super strong in 1 style atleast...So you should be a master of one, and jack of few others IMO:)

I agree with you on everything except getting bored part after seeing one style. I am also a dancer, and I agree that person should know how to do more than one style of dance but to be achieve something  extraordinary  you have to have some form of dance that your excellent in.

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Lux Dance ke Superstars Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index