Views

Users

Frequent Posters

manzanas_asadas thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: luv2dance

Well, I gotcha 😆

I know who she's referring to, but we all know that the statement is false since the guy has proved his versatility tons of times..he does indian folk and semi classical too..there's no question when it comes to him..so one can't even compare prince with him..I didn't want to bring him in, but what is right needs to be defended sometimes. Now, you guys can say sena or whatever..that doesn't matter.LOL
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Ms Aiich ji I was not talking abt who you are defending...I said more than one...He may or may not be in my list of more than one 😛
MrManagement thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I have always thought that it is good be good in one thing, then be average in all things.😉 Prince is excellent in locking and popping and no one in DKS is better than him😎. People will remember him for his style, I mean he kind of made locking and popping famous in india. Before DID 1 not many people knew about that style of dancing or it wasn't as popular. Being Prince fan since DID 1, I am have not blind sighted myself to the fact that there are other that may be better than him😲, but if he stick to what he does best one day he might be known internationally. I do understand that he should do other styles but since is the price of l&p he had to do a sole on that, and both of the takkar he was asked by the judges to do L&P. So if the demand is there why should he stop😕.  Also, MJ is famous for breakdancing that is what he did. If your definition of a star is that they should do more than one dance form imagine MJ doing contemporary🤣. I would not have paid to see that. Frankly, I don't get bored of seeing him do L&P😃, so if you don't like what he does switch channel when he preforms😉.
yipee thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Personally yes I prefer a dancer to be more versatile, so even i wasnt really a Prince fan in DID1 and similarly there are few other contestants as well with the same issue...

However it is a fact that from a career/popularity perspective he isnt at a loss...he is excellent in L&P and is extremely popular for this style...infact not just dancing but in other fields as well you have people who have created a mark for themselves for their particular style... But on the post, yes as a viewer I after a point do get bored with the same style from the same person again and again, esp yest's face off I think I just could not hold my attention for this very reason that it kinda looked too repetitive to me..

Being a dancer myself I just love to see diff forms of dance and versatility and personally I dont feel like a complete dancer unless I can gain some command over few diff styles...But every dancer should be super strong in 1 style atleast...So you should be a master of one, and jack of few others IMO:)
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Mr. MGMT I can never get tired of watching both MJs either Singing, Dancing or Kicking you know what on the BB Court 😛 😍

Sometimes it is better to be excellent in one thing than average on most...With these Indian shows they throw so many  things under contemporary which surely is not..😳
Edited by Dabulls23 - 12 years ago
MrManagement thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: yipee

Personally yes I prefer a dancer to be more versatile, so even i wasnt really a Prince fan in DID1 and similarly there are few other contestants as well with the same issue...

However it is a fact that from a career/popularity perspective he isnt at a loss...he is excellent in L&P and is extremely popular for this style...infact not just dancing but in other fields as well you have people who have created a mark for themselves for their particular style... But on the post, yes as a viewer I after a point do get bored with the same style from the same person again and again, esp yest's face off I think I just could not hold my attention for this very reason that it kinda looked too repetitive to me..

Being a dancer myself I just love to see diff forms of dance and versatility and personally I dont feel like a complete dancer unless I can gain some command over few diff styles...But every dancer should be super strong in 1 style atleast...So you should be a master of one, and jack of few others IMO:)

I agree with you on everything except getting bored part after seeing one style. I am also a dancer, and I agree that person should know how to do more than one style of dance but to be achieve something  extraordinary  you have to have some form of dance that your excellent in.
luv2dance thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: yipee

I agree with what you said. Yes, it is better to excel in what you do best. But whats the harm in trying other styles especially on a stage like DID? Unless, the person decided that I can only do one style and there is no point being an average performer in other styles. Anyways, thanks for your post. It made a lot of sense 😊
yipee thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: MrManagement

.But every dancer should be super strong in 1 style atleast...So you should be a master of one, and jack of few others IMO:)[/QUOTE]
I agree with you on everything except getting bored part after seeing one style. I am also a dancer, and I agree that person should know how to do more than one style of dance but to be achieve something  extraordinary  you have to have some form of dance that your excellent in.

I have already mentioned something similar in the highlighted part in my post...

at the same time, I also wanna say that I havent really come across dancers who are fodu in one style and not good in any other style..so I think Prince with practice can also pick up other styles but its just that he has not got much of a chance for that ...but I think he shud just for himself as he is only then going to feel more complete and would be able to feel the growth as a dancer...
aramint thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Yes prince isa good, but can be boring sometimes.
BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
agree with u guys. yes prince is only doin L&P but he did try to show versatility durin DID 1 tnx to remo but here it's not da case

maybe if he tries something different, he will succeed but like i always say, he's my lasith malinga. no matter hw many times he runs in, we all know he's gonna hit yorkers and he never break our expectations. likewise, prince does L&P unlike any other from DID contestants

i'd love to see him doin bharath natyam or ballroom dance one fine day!!!! i hope he makes my wish come true!!!!!