Madhur after me for years for Heroine - Aishwarya

Posted: 12 years ago
Umm...WHAT?
He practically chased kareena down for the past year hoping she'd do the film.

EDIT:

Now read this, Madhur's interview a few months ago after Kareena finally turned it down.
There were also reports about you having approached Aishwarya Rai to play the lead, but even she refused to do it.

I never approached Aishwarya for Heroine. In fact I haven't approached any actress other than Kareena. I had written the script keeping Bebo in mind so there is no question of me approaching anyone else.
Since the script and the role had been written keeping Kareena in mind, don't you think another actress might not suit the part at all? Do you plan to make any changes in the script to suit any other actress who agrees to do the role?

Well I really don't know. It's very difficult for me to contemplate on these possibilities because now that the film has been put on the back burner I am not even thinking about it.

Edited by desigal90 - 12 years ago
πŸ˜†

It seems both Madhur and Aish want to hide the fact that the film was offered to bebo first. Madhur said he wrote the film with bebo in mind and that she is gonna be the only actress that could play the role. And now that she rejected, he wants to make it seem like Aish was his first choice. It's no big deal, but that's just a white lie! πŸ˜†
Edited by beboholic - 12 years ago
Kareena keeps Madhur waiting
May 8th, 2010
If there's one actress who is conscious about her image then it has to be Kareena Kapoor. According to sources, the actress is reluctant to sign on Madhur Bhandarkar's next film, which is based on the life of Hollywood actress Marilyn Monroe.

The film which draws inspiration from the actress' life, is about an ageing 30-plus actress, what she goes through and how she is left alone by the same people who were once beside her during her heyday. And Madhur was reportedly very keen on casting Bebo in the lead as he felt that she would be perfect for it.

In fact, the Fashion director had even narrated the script to the actress, who is said to have promptly fallen in love with it. However, till date Bebo has not signed the film. Apparently, she has told Madhur she will sign the film provided she is happy with the final script and the age of the character seems to be bothering her.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/supplementary/kareena-keeps-madhur-waiting-671 Edited by desigal90 - 12 years ago
Oh no. 
She's bluffing...I'm pretty sure.
Edited by indn inn0cence - 12 years ago
What are you talking about Aish?

To prep Kareena for her role in Heroine, Madhur Bhandarkar has prepared a 3-hour documentary on Hollywood's female legends β€” not a single Indian screen beauty finds mention

By Subhash K Jha
Posted On Monday, May 17, 2010 at 02:05:45 AM

Eva Gardner, Elizabeth Taylor, Marilyn Monroe and Vivien Leigh β€” these are the four legendary Hollywood beauties whom director Madhur Bhandarkar will use as reference points for Kareena Kapoor's character in Heroine.

Madhubala (l) and Marilyn
To make her job easier, Madhur has prepared a 3-hour documentary on these Hollywood greats.

But no female legends from Indian cinema find mention in the documentary.

Counters Madhur, "Take Vivien Leigh β€” her stormy relationship with Sir Laurence Olivier is so eventful, dramatic and romantic. Unfortunately there's no substantial footage on Madhubala or Meena Kumari revealing their relationship with Kishore Kumar and Kamal Amrohi respectively."

The filmmaker says he is appalled by the lack of even written records about Indian screen legends. "I do want Kareena to refer back to our great actresses like Madhubala, Nargis and Nutan.

I think Kareena has elements of Nutan's personality. But I can only brief her verbally about them. It's really sad.

Kareena is shooting for Ra.One and Gol Maal 3. Once she's done, she will watch the documentary repeatedly," says Madhur, adding that the shooting of Heroine has been pushed to December so that Kareena gets time to study the documentary carefully.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/article/30/2010051720100517020545412de117a5f/Marilyn-over-Madhubala.html

I can almost hear her saying that line. πŸ˜† Again, I have no good feelings about the film...be it whoever the actress.
Hmm...should we expect Kareena to retaliate?  πŸ˜†Edited by indn inn0cence - 12 years ago

Originally posted by indn inn0cence

Hmm...should we expect Kareena to retaliate?  πŸ˜†

Yeah... They can cat fight ... πŸ˜†

Kareena : I was offered first...

Ash : I was offered first...

Sheila Bair will cut you.
Edited by -Maddy- - 12 years ago
and "Barbie doll" was also offered to her years ago before katrina got it !! remember guys🀣
@ ASH ...get a lifeπŸ€ͺ
Oh wait, lol desu I read the article and where does Aish say Madhur is after me for years for Heroine? Am confused.