Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
wow awsome update
r arjun n aruhi reli gna get married cont soon 
fanx 4 da pm x
brainychild92 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

When we got back we say Maasi sitting on the computer chair.

Arohi; Maasi, are you alright?

Maasi: Yes, but I have a headache.

Arohi: I'll give you medication for that and go to sleep. I'll find something for us to do while you rest.

Maasi: Okay. Sorry beta.

Arohi: No Maasi, it's not like you can control your headaches.

As we step out, Rachel calls out for me. 

Rachel: Hey Ro (my nickname for her). What ya doin?

Arohi: Nothing. I have to find something so he doesn't get bored (pointing to Arjun)

Rachel: Isn't today Work-Out Day?

Arohi: Ya but you need your student ID for that. He's just a guest.

Rachel: Use mine. I'll convince them.

Arohi: Then what are you gonna do?

Rachel: I'm going out for the day.

Rachel helped Arjun into the gym on her card and we worked out. Arjun did some bench presses while I went on the treadmill.  Here I found my geography partner Amit next to me.. 

Arohi: Hey Ammy. Long time. Haven't seen you in class. Something up?

Amit: Yeah, I've been caught up in so many family issues its unbelievable. My sister make me so mad!

Arohi: It can't be that bad! 

Amit: Oh yeah? She broke off her engagement.

Arohi: So... Wait! She was engaged?

Amit: For like a week and then she found someone new!

Arohi: Well at least this happened before they were married!

Amit: Do you have any idea how much we spent on the engagement. She had spent 2 years convincing mom and dad that he was the one!

Arohi: Isn't the like 23? You believed her at 21 that he was PERFECT?

Amit: NO! That's why it took us two years. We figured she didn't move on so he must be worth something.

Arohi: She told him right? Not like she texted or something...

Amit: Yeah she brought him to dinner and broke it to all of us. Mom and dad are FURIOUS!

Arohi: Look, I don't know what your crying about. Engagement is nothing official! I mean it is but it can be broken... If she married him and did this, then I'd see it as an issue too! But right now, all I can say is good riddance!

Amit: I guess...

Arohi: Look Ammy. We're desi's. Dating is not allowed as it is, right. And you know your sister. So for her, engagement is like a dating period. This is when we tell if he or she is the right one. Your sister wasn't playing with him for 2 years. She was simply asking for permission. In a week, she realized that he was not the one and found a new guy.

Amit: I guess, in a twisted way, that makes sense. 

Arohi: Now chill out and exercise! Looks like someone's been over fed!

Amit: Umm.. Rude! 

And we exercised. Amit went one way while Arjun and I went the other. We went to CVS to get medication for Maasi. The ride to was quiet but we talked while we were in the car coming back 

Arjun: So Arohi, were you serious?

Arohi: About what?

Arjun: Your views... 

Arohi: What views... On what, I mean?

Arjun: Relationships... well, engagement...

Arohi: Engagement... oh, you mean about what I said to Ammy... Kind of. I mean in his case, of course. You don't know his sister. Well, neither do I but even in 1 meeting, I know enough! But me... you're asking if I think like that?

Arjun: Yeah, are those your views on engagement/marriage?

Arohi: Marriage has always been an unbreakable bond for me. Of course there are reasons I see why you would break loose but over all its an eternal bond. As for engagement... I mean its a bond, but its not official. Engagements toot thi hain tho itna dhook nahi hota. I think its better to break an engagement rather than a marriage. 

Arjun: And for us.. for what mom said...

Arohi: Arjun, I really don't know. After all, I'm only 18; I've never been engaged... I only said all that to Amit so he wouldn't be all that tensed.

Arjun: How about we go on with it...

Arohi: With what?

Arjun: What mom wants. I told you whoever mom says and whenever, I'm ready. Obviously mom likes you!  But then again, I'm also 24. It's really up to you about what you want in life, especially if you think this is the answer to your problems. If you think by getting engaged or marriage will help you not get attracted to any other being on earth, then you should have the choice. 

Arohi: It won't stop me from getting attracted but it will help me stay in my limits. I don't know what to do. Arjun look, we try it as Amit's sister. We'll "date" during our "engagement period". I know your not too fond of that but its up to you. We should go now... it's getting late and you have a 4 hour drive back. 

It was an awkward conversation but I guess it was also very necessary. I couldn't even look at Arjun while having this conversation (he was driving). All I could do was play with my ring. 

When we got back, Maasi ask any questions and was all set, so I bid them farewell. A second later, a group of girls and boys (G) came around me.

G: So... we were talking and came to the conclusion that you're lying.

Arohi: About...

G: That ring.

Arohi: What lie?

G: You're only 18. You aren't getting married!

They kept teasing me about how I wanted attention so I did this. Every time I tried to say something, they would shut me out by talking over me. I didn't know what else to do and eventually was on the verge of tears. It felt like high school again. 

...vibha... thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
it was nice
so they both will date
continue soon
Edited by ...vibha... - 12 years ago
brainychild92 thumbnail

Right then I felt something warm. Before I knew, it was Arjun with his fingers entwined with mines. Without wasting a second, he took my free hand and slipped the ring onto my ring finger and came down to my ears and whispered: You forgot it in the car, and swiftly leaving leaving everyone (including me) speechless. The group had nothing to say except try to apologize but didn't know how to exactly. I shot a little smirk at the group and quickly went into my room and sat waiting for an explanation. I don't expect a call for at least 4 hours since stupid roaming charges! Slowly I went to sleep and woke up two hours later after hearing a knock on my door.

Arohi; Rey? You're back? So soon? Did something happen? OMG are you're parents okay? Boy speak up!

Rey: Hey! I'm wonderful. How have you been? (and he walks into my room with his bags). 

Arohi: Okay, okay. Sorry for the intervention but what are you doing back so early.

Rey: My mom wouldn't be able to drop me tomorrow so I came back tomorrow. I came to get my key back.

Arohi: Ahh,.. here.

Rey: Okay, what's wrong?

Arohi: What would be wrong?

Rey: You didn't fight, argue, or anything. Something is up and I want to know what.

I told him everything that happened since he left, including Amit's talk.

Rey: Wow. The one week I go home, I miss everything!

Arohi: Rey! 

Rey: So is it official?

Arohi: I don't know. Its the ring I got on my graduation day, not a real one!

Rey: Hmm...

Arohi: I left it on him. Whatever he says goes. 

Rey: Wow, whatever he says goes? This is our Arohi speaking? You must really like him...

Arohi: Very funny. it's nothing like that and you know it! But he is my mom's choice so if I feel the need to make this choice at such a young age, then he would be the best choice. Now enough about me, tell me about you. How was your visit? 

Rey: It was good. Mom and I enjoyed ourselves. 

Arohi: And your dad?

Rey: Things are getting better. I mean he talks to me now... more than Hi and Bye, that is. 

Arohi: At least it's going somewhere! 

Rey: Yeah... I think his anger is going away... Well, I should go and unpack. You don't worry, and relax.

After that half-hour visit from Rey, I went back to sleep for 2 hours again, only to be awaken by the ring of a phone. (There is a cell phone and a landline for long distance). It was Arjun. I took a deep breath to prepare myself for everything.

Arohi: Hello...

Arjun: How are you now?

Arohi: ...confused...

Arjun: About?

Arohi: What just happened before you left? I ask you to make a decision and you give me my ring... What does that mean?

Arjun: Look  Arohi, I take marriage as well as engagements seriously. It is a serious commitment; how about we try it as Amit's sister. We'll "date" during our "engagement period". I was given the time till I finish Med School to get married so 2 more years. I think that gives us enough time to get to know each other.

Arohi: Arjun, its my first year in university...

Arjun: Good. If it works out, my parents will agree to wait till your done with your bachelors at least! But lets not worry about that yet. Lets just get to know each other.

Arohi: Okay... I guess that can work out... I like it...

Arjun: Good... Now I have to go. Talk to you after mid-terms?

Arohi: Yeah, I'll let you know when its over...

I smile as  I shut the phone. It's gonna work out. We haven't told my mom yet because we're not sure if it's for real yet, but we're still going for it. Mom knows this ring was gifted at graduation and we decided that if we were serious, only then will Arjun go out and get a ring... till then,, no need to spend too much cash! Mid terms are over and its November now. Arjun has been good about calling me every weekend. Actually, its hard to talk every day as his schedule never matches with mine, so weekends work for both of us. It's almost thanksgiving breaks and for Maasi's Jubillee, we are going to Canada! I told mom I'd meet her there... Now I just need to find a ride... 

Edited by brainychild92 - 12 years ago
silverleaves thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hi,please add me to the pm list for this!

Sounds very interesting!
brainychild92 thumbnail

Originally posted by: KMHfan4ever

Hi,please add me to the pm list for this!

Sounds very interesting!

sure..if you want a pm, just add me to you buddy list
shane1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

Great FF, plz add to your pm. you guys are doing a good job😊

Arjuhisis thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
a very good update - thanks - waiting for u to continueEdited by Arjuhisis - 12 years ago
..anshita.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
very nice update..
so dey 'll date nw..great..
justprati thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
its beautiful...so they r gonna date eachother thn...superb...i lik arjun...he's so caring n so much respect 4 his parents n their decisions...gr8 job...thnx 4 d update n d pm...tc :)