Boyfriends don't, but their habits stick says Bebo

Katalicious thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago

Boyfriends don't, but their habits stick

Bebo unable to forget vegetarianism that Shahid rubbed on to her, refuses to promote a chicken brand

Rs 6 crore is not chicken feed. But it won't convince Kareena, voted by PETA as the world's sexiest vegetarian, to promote non-vegetarian food.

She has just turned down an offer to be a brand ambassador for a chicken product. It seems, the actress may have moved on after Shahid but the vegetarianism he rubbed on to her has stuck.

Bebo, who was a non-vegetarian to begin with, turned veggie after being with Shahid for two years, surprising the actor so much that he even told the media, "It's quite an achievement. The first two years we dated, she was non-vegetarian."

The actress started promoting vegetarianism wherever she went post that. "If my fans are looking up to me and have turned vegetarians then I am happy about it. I am a pure vegetarian and it helps me keep fit and healthy.

I am aware that my fans have liked my look in Tashan. If they turn vegetarian for that, then I am glad I set an example," the actress told after being voted the sexiest veggie in the World in 2008.

Whether her fans turned vegetarian, we would never know. But co-actor Vivek Oberoi sure did. Working together in Kurbaan and eating vegetarian food (courtesy: co-star Bebo), the hard-core meat eater Vivek, fell in love with vegetarianism.

Influencing her boyfriend Saif was tougher. The Prince of Pataudi, who claimed he could never be a 'complete vegetarian', however gave up his chicken drumsticks and mutton pilaaf on girlfriend's insistence.

What's surprising is, however, that a company could even after all this approach Bebo for promoting chicken.

The actress who would rather skip lunch than have non-veg food, should have been the last choice for such a product. In fact, on the sets of her forthcoming film Short Term Shaadi, she was supposed to eat scrambled eggs for a scene.

She almost puked on seeing eggs. The director Shakun Batra had to then order eggless pancakes for her.

Kareena remained unavailable for comment.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Katalicious thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Aww! Thats the biggest memory she can keep of Shahid <3
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
People want to turn to vegetarianism so they can look like her in Tashan? ðŸ˜²

What a stupid reason to turn to vegetarianism.

Anyways I'm glad she is so into it and has stuck to it. Being born into a hardcore Punjabi family and being a vegetarian..gotta give her props for that.
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Haha!
Shahid might have had a hand in her turning vegetarian, but she didnt do it  for him. If that was the reason, she woulndt have contined even afterwards. If it was just the fact that her boyfriend had the habit, she would have turned non-veg by now 😉
She did it coz she finds it to be a healthier lifestyle. And I think she deserves a lil credit here.
Edited by desigal90 - 12 years ago
sunflower52 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
I do not understand there is no harm in eating meat, as long as you dont over indulge your self. You should have everything meat, vegetables and fruit in small proportions. 
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Kareena remained unavailable for comment.

🤣
MOTHERHOOD thumbnail
Kareena looked good in Tashan.She looked damn sexy.
Shipra_S thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
i too m a pure vegetarian, but i don't understand what's the harm in eating meat?!🤔...i would have loved to eat meat had i been in the habit of eating it since childhood. 
vssaras thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Cool to see the impact Shahid had on Kareena...well it is a known fact that partners influence and rub off on each other...the company we keep transforms us...for good or for bad...😛

safeplacetoland thumbnail
I am vegetarian because I like being one. :)